News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 29, 2024, 12:08:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Forget quality! What are the WORST anime you've ever watched?

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Forget quality! What are the WORST anime you've ever watched?  (Read 1708 times)
msViolet

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2011, 09:22:17 pm »

Yakitate!!

I just couldn't get over how the entire anime was about baking bread. A friend of my husband lent it to us. My friends and I watched a bunch of episodes, the first 3 episodes to start with, then scanning the next few episodes. The anime characters were sooo serious about baking bread. The protagonist had "special hands" and a quest to bake a bread that japan can call it's own ("ja-pan").  Some bread-baking-rival characters had special techniques that involve weapons (someone used his twin katanas)... It was intense. It was bread.

It was so dramatic, that I kept expecting something action-packed to happen. Maybe they would discover a secret recipe and be on the run. Surely ninjas were going to appear any second! We started skimming a few episodes later-on in the series to find the plot, but they just kept baking in contests/auditions that kept getting stranger. As soon as we saw an upside-down bread break the laws of physics, we finally gave up and stopped watching. That is, once we had regained our breath from laughing our butts off. (Note: we were not laughing with the anime.)

I'm sure it's a quality anime, to the right viewers, I just not a fan of that genre.

It blows my mind that someone could make 25 volumes of manga (which then became 69 anime episodes) about baking bread.
Report Spam   Logged
SaberXrideR

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2011, 11:37:33 am »

GENESHAFT

Was the worst 13 episodes of my life, i really love mecha but this anime its a shame   Angry
Report Spam   Logged
no2fakeshakes

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2011, 04:27:50 am »

Yakitate!!

I just couldn't get over how the entire anime was about baking bread. A friend of my husband lent it to us. My friends and I watched a bunch of episodes, the first 3 episodes to start with, then scanning the next few episodes. The anime characters were sooo serious about baking bread. The protagonist had "special hands" and a quest to bake a bread that japan can call it's own ("ja-pan").  Some bread-baking-rival characters had special techniques that involve weapons (someone used his twin katanas)... It was intense. It was bread.

It was so dramatic, that I kept expecting something action-packed to happen. Maybe they would discover a secret recipe and be on the run. Surely ninjas were going to appear any second! We started skimming a few episodes later-on in the series to find the plot, but they just kept baking in contests/auditions that kept getting stranger. As soon as we saw an upside-down bread break the laws of physics, we finally gave up and stopped watching. That is, once we had regained our breath from laughing our butts off. (Note: we were not laughing with the anime.)

I'm sure it's a quality anime, to the right viewers, I just not a fan of that genre.

It blows my mind that someone could make 25 volumes of manga (which then became 69 anime episodes) about baking bread.

Yakitate Japan was awesome.  Too bad the manga kind sucked.
Report Spam   Logged
brandonbrandon

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2011, 09:01:44 am »

Naruto imo :/
Report Spam   Logged
kuld

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2011, 06:39:16 am »

Basically those reverse harem (and harem, too, if you'd just exclude Clannad) animes that involves bishies falling head over heels for a simple dojikko.
Report Spam   Logged
jas

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2011, 04:13:11 pm »

BOKU NO PICO

щ(⊙益⊙ щ)

why. why does this exist. close behind it are horrible idiotic offensive stuff like master of martial hearts.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 04:21:38 pm by jas » Report Spam   Logged
TheWindFish

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2011, 04:14:10 pm »

I watched Isshoni Sleeping last year as a joke.

It is literally 40 minutes of watching a girl sleep in skimpy clothing.
Report Spam   Logged
mangaupdates

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2011, 01:53:09 am »

The worst anime I have ever watched is School Days...I am sure anyone who watched it will agree...
Report Spam   Logged
eightreeds

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2011, 02:41:43 pm »

Grander Musashi.

Yes Japan, I know you can make anything into a manga/anime (I am still in awe that there is, in fact, a manga series about curling). That doesn't mean you should, or that simple-mindedly applying the standard shonen formula to fly fishing will produce anything other than an insane waste of time.

... the fact that there wound up being two seasons of 50+ episodes is just depressing.
Report Spam   Logged
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2011, 05:33:18 pm »

applying the standard shonen formula to fly fishing

There's a 50+ episode anime series about shonen fly fishing?  That's... I'm speechless!   Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

eightreeds

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2011, 09:14:14 pm »

applying the standard shonen formula to fly fishing

There's a 50+ episode anime series about shonen fly fishing?  That's... I'm speechless!   Cheesy

Super secret casting techniques! High-tech lures! Underground organisations dedicated to forcing kids into becoming ruthlessly competitive fly fishermen! Seven Legendary Lures that can control wood, lightning, sunlight, the moon, etc.
Report Spam   Logged
tone

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2011, 08:17:35 am »

Shin Hakkenden >_<

I don't want to give spoilers but nobody would be interested in this anime anyway >_>
I didn't see an anime where every single character dies as it did here. It was really depressing and stupid.
Report Spam   Logged
tristal

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2011, 06:27:17 am »

Rosario + Vampire : Because i have read the manga and i just could not stand the chance that they made in the anime seires .
Beelzebub : for the same reason
Other than that i dont remeber.
Report Spam   Logged
Origri

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2011, 04:55:39 pm »

Makai Senki Disgaea
I dont really remember why, since I watched it several years ago, but I HATED it. It was boring as hell and I really forced myself to watch it.

Hetalia Axis Powers
The Idea was kinda nice, but it was just boring. Half of the 5 min. episode was a recap of the last one.

Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo
Because it's the stupidest anime ever.

Ragnarok the Animation, Natsume Yuujinchou, Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World, Samurai Champloo
I watched all three of them when I was a child and I hardly spoke english. I dumped all of them on the 2nd episode. If I'll watch them again now, when my english is much better, I guss my opinion would change. But until then, I guess this is their place.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: