News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 29, 2024, 05:14:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

GetBackers Anime Licensed by Sentai

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GetBackers Anime Licensed by Sentai  (Read 234 times)
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2012, 09:01:37 pm »

It's not an announcement for a new GB anime, alas!  Instead it's a "re-license of ADV release from 2004, scheduled for DVD later this year."  That's still good news for those of us who might be looking to get a good copy of the anime on DVD.  The following was announced today at Anime News Network:

The North American anime licensing company Sentai Filmworks announced on Wednesday that it acquired the Getbackers television anime series. The anime will soon be available digitally through multiple outlets, with a home video release on bilingual DVD scheduled for later this year.

For the full article, click here:  http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-02-01/sentai-filmworks-licenses-getbackers-anime

Sounds like something to look forward to!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 07:27:18 am »

Well, I already own the whole series on DVD (region 2, that is), so these news doesn't matter much to me - but for those who want to add Get Backers to their anime collection, good for you! Grin Be sure to save up some money so you're ready to go when the new DVDs hit the shelves. Wink

Now, if we only could have some good news about some company rescuing the manga, since Tokyopop lost the license...

« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 07:32:06 am by Lovux The Great » Report Spam   Logged

The "S" in Get Backers...

... Means neither of us is alone!

~Click Here To Enter Lovux's Art Thread~
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 08:20:49 am »

I only have English subbed versions downloaded from the internet, so I would really like to have the DVDs, especially if they are dual-audio -- because I can't give up the original voice actors!  So I'm going to keep my eye on more news of this.

Even though our scanlating group here has almost completed the manga, I wouldn't mind seeing it in book form again by someone as well.  I wonder if the release of the DVDs by this company will help renew some interest in GB?  Maybe we'll start seeing some merchandise again, whoo hoo!   Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: