News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 28, 2024, 01:08:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The 2nd Generation GetBackers

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: The 2nd Generation GetBackers  (Read 3505 times)
gamogamo

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2010, 11:15:16 am »

Who do you think the 2nd generation GetBackers are? I haven't read any solid evidence of who they are. If anyone does though, please point me in the direction of said evidence.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 12:43:20 pm »

This is something that is dealt with in recent releases -- fairly clearly, if I remember correctly -- so I won't mention it here, as it would be a spoiler for those who aren't quite up on their reading yet.  You'll be able to read all about it as soon as you get your 15 posts and can access the Releases section!   Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

gamogamo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 08:55:35 am »

Oh, cool. I'll get up my posts then Smiley thanks man.
Report Spam   Logged
seifox

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 02:56:51 am »

Awesome! 2nd generation, it's worth trying to figure this out! Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 09:06:53 am »

When I replied to this earlier, I was thinking that the Second Gen was someone else -- now that I have done some research, I have discovered otherwise.

This still may constitute a spoiler, though it has been revealed in previous manga volumes -- but I'm still going to mark it as a spoiler (and practice the new method while I'm at it), since some may not have read that far yet.  Wink  If you want to risk being spoiled, or want to know what I discovered no matter what, then click on the spoiler!

[spoiler]I have discovered we don't really know who the second generation is.  They are only presented in shadow -- a trio of people who gave to Ban and Ginji their Subaru 360 and the "last puzzle piece" analogy.

I found this info at a Getbacker info site:

Second Gen

As their title suggests, they are the second generation of the Get Backers. Upon Paul's return to Ura Shinjuku, he handed over the name of the Get Backers to 3 youths. Little of them is actually seen in the manga but their influence on Ban and Ginji can be seen in many ways.

- Ban's "Urchin Head" hairstyle is based on one of them. (In the "Early Days" arcs, his hairstyle is that of his childhood days, and bears a resemblance to his father's.)

- The duo's Subaru is also inherited from them (along with the parking fines).

- In the manga, a young Natsumi was prompted by them to go to the Honky Tonk to look for Ban and Ginji.

- Ginji learned his "jigsaw" analogy of their job scope from them as well.

The "jigsaw" analogy is as follows (taken from the second gen's speech upon handing over to Ban and Ginji): "If you accept a job, you must then follow it to the very end, for before you put in the last piece of the jigsaw, you wouldn't know what the true picture will look like."

Given their speech, they may know some of Infinity Fortress's secrets, but what Paul had told them is as of now unknown.
[/spoiler]

Hope this helps -- I'm not sure which manga chapter they appear in, but I remember seeing it now, so what we know of them so far has been revealed.  And that may be all we ever know -- unless there are more revelations to come in untranslated chapters!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 09:09:50 am by Lin » Report Spam   Logged

hanamitchi10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 07:10:05 am »

Hi! Im new here, I wonder if the 2nd generation is cool... My opinion, the first generation are still alive and they are not far from the third generation. I mean if they were strong how come we have the third generation already. Tnx!
Report Spam   Logged
shenhin81

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2010, 08:11:59 am »

2nd generation? wow, i must have left out a lot
Report Spam   Logged
BR Der Kaiser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 06:38:42 pm »

How come we are closer to know the whole truth about the first generation and not the second?
Why the hell the sec. g. is a trio? Where did Paul find them? How did they met Ban and Ginji?
A lot of questions but no answers. Another mistery.
Report Spam   Logged
4Got10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 12:16:41 pm »

i think one of the three Cheesy

Report Spam   Logged
Arkanta

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 06:46:44 am »

Who do you think the 2nd generation GetBackers are? I haven't read any solid evidence of who they are.
I was thinking the same thing... who they are?  Undecided  I haven't  a clue about them .___.

It's a possibility ** I never think about him **
Report Spam   Logged

cheebuguh

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2010, 10:58:25 pm »

I too am left wondering...

Of course I think I can just read the spoilers that Lin wrote... it's tempting but I really don't want to ruin the good stuff!  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
dreamdead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 09:47:16 am »

hm i wondering about that to but we will see in the remainig volumes
Report Spam   Logged
jewon1994

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2010, 04:51:00 am »

Who do you think the 2nd generation GetBackers are? I haven't read any solid evidence of who they are. If anyone does though, please point me in the direction of said evidence.
nice
Report Spam   Logged
arigonzales

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2010, 05:31:11 pm »

Who do you think the 2nd generation GetBackers are? I haven't read any solid evidence of who they are.
I was thinking the same thing... who they are?  Undecided  I haven't  a clue about them .___.

It's a possibility ** I never think about him **

i think they were a trio because they weren't so powerful

if the autor has made them a duo they should be as poweful as Der Kaiser and Paul, or Ginji and Ban,

as a trio they could be less powerful, i don't know, maybe the autor didn't want to full the story with a lot of superstrong characters

when i've finished reading the manga i hope i'll have the answer Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2010, 09:04:31 am »

I too am left wondering...

Of course I think I can just read the spoilers that Lin wrote... it's tempting but I really don't want to ruin the good stuff!  Smiley

That spoiler I wrote doesn't actually need to be a spoiler -- I was just playing it safe in case there were people looking here who hadn't read the earlier parts of the manga.

I believe what we know about the 2nd Generation has been revealed already, and that's what I've included under the spoiler tag.  I'm not sure there is any more -- but I could be wrong!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: