News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 28, 2024, 09:09:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Got any pets?

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Got any pets?  (Read 967 times)
Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« on: August 03, 2010, 11:54:07 am »

As the title suggest, I hereby as you if you got any pets. If you do, then pease do tell! Talk about them, what you love about them and maybe what shenanigans they have caused you through the years. If you don't own any pets, what kind of animals would you want? Everything goes, as long as it's pet-related! Grin

As for my family, we own a dog; an eight months old flat-coated retriever puppy whom we call Ricky, though his full name is High Hope's Music Man (hence the nickname Ricky, there's just NO WAY we'll call him by THAT corny pedigree name!). He's our first dog ever - for the longest time, my four siblings and I have wanted a dog or a cat, but for various reasons plus hesitation/bias from our parents, we never had any pets (aside from rabbits we had in cages in our garden). So in march this year, my siblings and I did a coup and bought the at the time four months old Ricky and gave him to our parents as a surprise gift! Sure, our parents were shocked and highly against it at first, but now they can't help but love that black rascal. (Read the full story HERE on my deviantART)
Ricky is quite calm and eager to learn, even for a flat-coated retriever. He's so lucky he gets to live in a great environment such as ours - we're talking roughly 8,000 square meters of land for him to run freely on! He's also been to a dogshow when he was six months, where he got the prize "Best among his race" but he WAS the only flattie competiting... and the judges told us he looked nearly perfect! So we hope that he'll win many prizes in the future. Tongue Ricky also loves tracking and -what else?- retrieving stuff for us. This autumn, we'll train him more intensely to be a retrieving dog, so dad can bring him along when he's hunting.
But, even if he would fails as a show-dog and hunting dog, we'd still love him... He's our honey, Ricky-boy, of course!

Yep, that was what I had to say about our Ricky... now it's your turn to tell us about YOUR pet! Wink
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 06:51:36 pm by Lovux The Great » Report Spam   Logged

The "S" in Get Backers...

... Means neither of us is alone!

~Click Here To Enter Lovux's Art Thread~

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

xdarktx

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 08:30:56 am »

no pets
Report Spam   Logged
hybrd

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 09:40:11 pm »

I had a goldfish... but it died Sad
Report Spam   Logged
undeadr

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 03:09:32 am »

I had a dog...Chus, until last Christmas...really miss him
Report Spam   Logged
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 11:10:46 am »

When I was growing up, we couldn't have pets because we were all allergic to them -- but we did have hamsters for awhile, as well as laboratory mice and rats.  We also kept various snakes!  I remember with fondness our boa constrictor, named BC.   Cheesy  In case you are wondering, my dad was an 8th grade science teacher, so our pets tended be of the type that got used in science class!
Report Spam   Logged

Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 06:32:48 pm »

When I was growing up, we couldn't have pets because we were all allergic to them -- but we did have hamsters for awhile, as well as laboratory mice and rats.  We also kept various snakes!  I remember with fondness our boa constrictor, named BC.   Cheesy  In case you are wondering, my dad was an 8th grade science teacher, so our pets tended be of the type that got used in science class!

Well, one of my older brothers wasn't allergic per say, but he was heavily asmathic (luckily he grew out of it, otherwise we would have no Ricky!), so we could never have pets, not even rodents like those you describe; hamsters, mice and rats... You need to keep them in cages inside your house, right? Well, keeping (furry) animals in our rooms was a big no-no in my family, so no rodents except the rabbits. But I always wanted a snake! Or a lizard! Now I'm a litte jealous of you. Wink I've always loved reptile animals (crocodiles being my favourites, but those don't make very good pets, you know...), so having my own snake/lizard/turtle/whatever has always been a dream to me. How was your BC? He must have been a kind fellow if you remember him with fondness. Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

The "S" in Get Backers...

... Means neither of us is alone!

~Click Here To Enter Lovux's Art Thread~
ahmadmud

Hi there;

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 09:53:18 am »

I have a cat name Poka, a really playful and wonderful one
Report Spam   Logged

Hi there;
yoyoma123

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 10:13:41 am »

10 dogs, all pitbulls
Report Spam   Logged
ahmadmud

Hi there;

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 05:33:10 pm »

10 dogs, all pitbulls

wow, that's a lot of dogs
Report Spam   Logged

Hi there;
Naz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 12:51:23 am »

10 dogs, all pitbulls

Wow thats....
A LOT of dogs! :O
Report Spam   Logged

Click please ^^

ah abusing tom is one of my few pleasures in life  Cheesy
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 07:16:49 am »

Well, one of my older brothers wasn't allergic per say, but he was heavily asmathic (luckily he grew out of it, otherwise we would have no Ricky!), so we could never have pets, not even rodents like those you describe; hamsters, mice and rats... You need to keep them in cages inside your house, right? Well, keeping (furry) animals in our rooms was a big no-no in my family, so no rodents except the rabbits. But I always wanted a snake! Or a lizard! Now I'm a litte jealous of you. Wink I've always loved reptile animals (crocodiles being my favourites, but those don't make very good pets, you know...), so having my own snake/lizard/turtle/whatever has always been a dream to me. How was your BC? He must have been a kind fellow if you remember him with fondness. Tongue

I hope you get a nice reptile someday!  They seem to make decent pets, and are definitely not hard on the allergies.

BC was a very nice snake.  He wasn't a big one, so even when he went into "constrictor" mode, he wasn't a problem to hold.  He was our favorite of the snakes we kept -- he wasn't very demanding, just needed a wee mouse for lunch every day or so.   Wink  So we also had lab mice as pets, and they were okay, too, but they tended to nip our fingers with their sharp little teeth when we played with them!  The ones that nipped too hard got to be BC 's lunch.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 07:21:26 am by Lin » Report Spam   Logged

frere

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2010, 02:12:17 pm »

I currently do not own any pets nor am i planning to right now.

As for in my childhood, we first had a dog which i don't remember much at all other than that he or she, as i don't remember that detail, was quite big and white. Later, we had a bird and a few years later a dog along with it. Now this dog we kept for nearly 10 years. She was a white toy poodle named Maggie and we loved her very much. Unfortunately, in 1999's winter, while out for a piss during a snowstorm, she disappeared and we never saw any trace of her since. We later had our first cat for about year and also got to see her give birth to a few kittens we sold/gave. After that, we took in a new toy poodle for a few years.
Report Spam   Logged
blacky0341

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2010, 08:32:05 am »

fishes... sounds boring? YEAH RIGHT
whats the freaking use of fishes?!  Lips Sealed
Report Spam   Logged
asukayukimura

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2010, 11:21:55 pm »

I have a yorkshire named Mizuki! I think she must be the only dog with that name in Brazil, hahaha.
Report Spam   Logged
Almond

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2010, 07:04:32 am »

Well, I had a few fishes... but they all eventually died. = m = ;;
And then I had this really pretty blue bird... but then my dad insisted that it be placed outside and rats killed it. o :

I wish I could have a cat, but the townhouse wherein I live disallows such pets. : |
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: