News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 29, 2024, 01:05:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Are you a male or a female?

Poll
Question: Are you a male or a female?
Male - 29 (54.7%)
Female - 14 (26.4%)
Kazuki - 10 (18.9%)
Total Voters: 53

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you a male or a female?  (Read 1722 times)
Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2010, 12:58:59 pm »

Nothing special - I'm just wondering how many male respectively female Get Backers fans there are on this board.  Wink You can also post here to avoid any gender confusion on the board. So here goes; unless you've never paid any attention whatsoever to my posts or are new so you haven't been around too much on this forum... Lovux is a girl.  Kiss

If you're a Kazuki, then good for you!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

The "S" in Get Backers...

... Means neither of us is alone!

~Click Here To Enter Lovux's Art Thread~

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 02:13:43 pm »

I'm not sure how many have read my introduction post lately, but if you have and you remember what I said, you will know that I am a mom -- which means I'm female.   Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Logan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 02:34:58 pm »

Im the archetip of the dude, at 21 years old.... your a mom lin!! mazeltov
Report Spam   Logged

_Peksi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 08:04:46 am »

I'm guy ofc Cool
Lol at the Kazuki option  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
ahmadmud

Hi there;

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 11:11:08 am »

I'm not sure how many have read my introduction post lately, but if you have and you remember what I said, you will know that I am a mom -- which means I'm female.   Grin

I know that this is my first post, but I just wanted to share my thoughts about this topic, and honestly ever since I joined this forum, I found out that there are actually alot of female fans, and wow you are a mom, that is really amazing good luck:)
Report Spam   Logged

Hi there;
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 01:30:38 pm »

I know that this is my first post, but I just wanted to share my thoughts about this topic, and honestly ever since I joined this forum, I found out that there are actually alot of female fans, and wow you are a mom, that is really amazing good luck:)

Thank you!  Yes, I'm a mom, and I got interested in anime and manga because of my son, who is also a big fan.  He got me watching things that I enjoyed, but then I branched out on my own.  Get Backers is the anime show I introduced HIM to, and we both still watch it together sometimes.  He isn't as much a fan of the manga as I am, though once it's finished, I might be able to convince him to try it again!
Report Spam   Logged

Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 05:25:54 pm »

Thank you!  Yes, I'm a mom, and I got interested in anime and manga because of my son, who is also a big fan.  He got me watching things that I enjoyed, but then I branched out on my own.  Get Backers is the anime show I introduced HIM to, and we both still watch it together sometimes.  He isn't as much a fan of the manga as I am, though once it's finished, I might be able to convince him to try it again!

Well, I knew this since before (yeah, I read your introduction Grin), I but I never got around to comment on it I think, so I'll do that now.

WOW, you're such a cool mom! Shocked Your awesome son letting you take part of his hobby and then find it genuinely interesting and funny! I could never get my mom into anime/manga. She and I seldomly like the same things anyway. The closest I've gotten my mom to take part of some of my interests is when she and I marathoned the Pirates of the Caribbean. On her own suggestion actually; she said it was because "it seems like EVERYONE's watched them and I don't wish to feel dated"... but I think she knew that Keith Richards was in the third movie and watched the whole trilogy just as an excuse for his sake alone. She's a total Rolling Stones fangirl! Which explains A LOT about me and my sister - a fangirl mother gives birth to fangirl daughters! Wink

Oh, and I hope you get your son into the manga, he just doesn't know yet what he's missing out on! Good luck with turning him into a GB manga fan~ Kiss

I'm guy ofc Cool
Lol at the Kazuki option  Grin

I hope at least someone picks that option, if only for the lulz. XD
Report Spam   Logged

ahmadmud

Hi there;

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2010, 11:44:24 am »

I am simply amaaazed, I think you are one of the coolest moms ever. To share such lovely things with your son, I wish you both good luck Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Hi there;
Ryuhou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 01:08:09 pm »

Wow, you don't see too many parents, much less moms in anime/manga forums.  That's really cool.
Report Spam   Logged
glue

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2010, 06:40:44 am »

I'm a man. Grin
By the way I agree with the others, you don't see often parents who share common interests with their sons hobbies (aside from particular activities like sport). I think too that your relationship with your son is very cool.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Miru

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2010, 04:01:20 pm »

I lolled at the Kazuki thing, so I had to choose it XD And althought I'm a girl, sometimes I feel like a boy, so it's almost the same thing, ne?  Wink

And I wish that my mom would also like anime&manga >_<
Report Spam   Logged

xdarktx

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 08:29:42 am »

male
Report Spam   Logged
hybrd

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2010, 09:26:39 pm »

Typical Male. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
undeadr

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2010, 03:06:04 am »

Male here
Report Spam   Logged
Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2010, 09:33:12 am »

Wow, so many guys... Tell you what? When I made this poll, I expected it to be flooded with yaoi fangirls female fans of the series, because that's the impression I get when I check Get Backers' disscussion board on MangaFox. Oh well, I guess get Backers indeed IS a huge hit among it's target audience. But then again - a really good story is always genderless. Wink

Oh, and I'm glad we have a Kazuki among us. Tongue
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 06:20:13 pm by Lovux The Great » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: