News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 28, 2024, 04:57:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Your favourite cartoons as a kid?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Your favourite cartoons as a kid?  (Read 1192 times)
Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« on: July 05, 2010, 03:34:59 pm »

The title says it all – which were your favourite cartoons when you were little? Which ones was it that made you sit down 7 AM with your eyes glued to the TV screen in anticipation and then scream, laugh or cry in excitement over how awesome you thought the show was? Do tell us here, and post YouTube links as well so we all can see it… and perhaps have a nostalga kick from realizing that “Hey! I watched that too when I was little!”. Wink

Let’s get started, shall we?

Biker Mice from Mars

My Little Pony Tales

DuckTales

(Good luck trying to get this song out of your head once you’ve heard it)

Winnie the Pooh

Babar

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

(hurry up and watch the video while you still can! YouTube doesn’t like TMNT intros with their sound intact…)

I know what you’re about to ask; is it okay to post anime shows? Of course it is! Here is the Japanese parts of Lovux’s childhood!

Ginga Nagareboshi Gin

(AKA the show that changed my life FOREVER)

SF Saiyuki Starzinger

Hello Sandybell

Tanoshii Moomin Ikka (or just The Moomins)

(sure, I grew up with the Swedish version of the song, but I’m linking you to the Japanese original just because it’s so damn beautiful)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yep, that was my childhood in a nutshell, basically. Now it's your turn to go down the memory lane and dig up what enhanced your life back in the days! Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

The "S" in Get Backers...

... Means neither of us is alone!

~Click Here To Enter Lovux's Art Thread~

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Rodlyn
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 03:35:26 pm »

Ahh i think this is a really good idea....ahh memories *starts to daydream*.....................

the vids not great  Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

Please click the egg =D
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 07:23:02 pm »

The Tick is awesome and completely hilarious!!  I didn't watch it as a kid, but I watched it as a mom with a kid -- my son was and is a big Tick fan, and he used to watch it when it was on TV on Saturday mornings.  Actually, we watched it as a family, and loved every minute of it.
Report Spam   Logged

Logan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 03:21:08 pm »

for me definitly batman the animated serie
Report Spam   Logged

Naz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 07:06:21 pm »

So... much... nostalgia....
Ill have to add Courage the Cowardly Dog to this epic list

« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 07:49:29 pm by Naz » Report Spam   Logged

Click please ^^

ah abusing tom is one of my few pleasures in life  Cheesy
juan32

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 07:57:18 pm »

jaja, I remember the tick and Ducktales , o "rico mac pato" here, and of course the theme song of the turtles
Report Spam   Logged
aikoaiko

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 02:04:19 pm »

Wow sure bring back memories. I believe watching Ducktales and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the new turtles seem scary and weird >_<)

I also liked Alvin and the Chipmunks and Tiny Toons.

not a cartoon...but I remember liking the original Power Rangers xP

Report Spam   Logged
glue

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 12:32:27 pm »

Wow, this brings back some memories, that's for sure... Cry
Let's see... Sasuke, Tekkaman, Kyashan, Hurricane Polymar, Baldios, Gatchaman, Lupin III, Swiss Family Robinson, Kimagure Orange Road, Hokuto no Ken, Fushigi no umi no Nadia, Saint Seiya, Little El Cid no Bôken, Glass Mask, The Incredible Tide, Nobody's Boy Remi, Alps no Shojo Heidi, all Go Nagai Series, Time Bokan series...
Whew, the list is so huge I think it's safe to say "you can find some of them on youtube" instead... Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Ryuhou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 01:21:55 pm »

Uh oh, I wonder if this will date me.

Let's see:

Transformers (Generation 1) - Everybody in my generation loved this series and for good reason: the toys that came with the cartoon!

Golion / Voltron - I saw this in Hong Kong and was VERY pleased that it was available in America as well when I moved over here.  Such a classic...

Dragon Ball - A no brainer for me.  One of the ones that forever sparked my love for shounen fighting manga (and anime in general)

Saint Seiya - I was obsessed with this for the longest time because of how cool it was.  Recently collected and finished reading the manga.  I haven't read Lost Canvas yet but I think I should get to it.

Doraemon - We knew him as "Ding Dong."  He's been around since the days of my parents and he's still around.  Probably will be around for my children and at this point, I wouldn't be too surprised if he stuck around until my grandchildren are born!

Duck Tales - I recently rewatched a few episodes of this and was amazed at how well the series kept up.  Still a quality series that I would recommend to anybody of any age.

Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers - Came on right after Duck Tales as a part of Disney Afternoon so why not?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Everybody has a favorite turtle!  My favorite is Donatello.

Looney Tunes/Merry Melodies - This is just timeless.  I'm sad that the PC-brigade saw fit that these cartoons were too offensive for children but I will say that everybody I know who grew up on Looney Tunes (which is incidentally, everybody I know) turned out to be perfectly normal.
Report Spam   Logged
xdarktx

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 08:26:51 am »

dragonball z
Report Spam   Logged
steve

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 11:09:47 am »

Gargoyles.

I don't remember a thing but darn it, just the name sends tingles up and down my spine.

Report Spam   Logged
xxfearxx

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 03:36:03 pm »

a lot of the others already mentioned apply to me as well id also like to throw in one noone else has brought up yet

M.A.S.K.!
Report Spam   Logged
o0Azure0o

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2010, 11:57:36 am »

There were a lot growing up, but according to my parents, when I was a wee lad it was mostly G.I. Joe and Transformers. Of course, I also remember likeing Gargoyles and Tale Spin, and Chip and Dale, and a lot of those old Disney cartoons. Toon Disney is still a hot clicker whenever I'm feeling nostalgia-bound and nothing better to do.
Report Spam   Logged
dcspyro

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2010, 02:38:48 pm »

The angry beavers where hands down one of my favorite shows, prolly cause it reminded me of how my brother and I use to fight.
Report Spam   Logged
hausmeister

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2010, 07:11:30 am »

I loved Pokemon and Chip and chap
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: