News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 28, 2024, 07:10:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Did anyone notice this episode

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Did anyone notice this episode  (Read 1052 times)
ACS17

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2010, 11:07:28 pm »

Chapter 37 where the get backers are out and it's up to natsumi and emishi to retrieve something...

Ok there are 3 antagonist in that episode, they turned up to be robbers (comedic) trying to steal the bank, my question is did anyone notice that those robbers was the exact same comedic robbers in the anime "rave"Huh?? :/

Heres the image I've found on youtube lol...see any resemblance? ^_^

get backers episode 37

rave master episode 43
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 05:25:49 am by ACS17 » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 11:56:54 pm »

I didn't notice that, actually -- but now I want to go back and see for myself!  That would be fun if there really was a connection.  After watching and comparing I'll come back with my verdict -- I have to find my episodes of Rave first!
Report Spam   Logged

Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 12:37:43 am »

I couldn't sleep until I had checked it out -- and you are right!  They are definitely the same as the Ketsupuri Gang, aren't they?  Way too much alike for it to be a coincidence!   Grin

Thanks for catching that, you have a good eye!

Now I'm interesting in rewatching Rave, hehe!
Report Spam   Logged

ACS17

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 07:35:50 am »

I couldn't sleep until I had checked it out -- and you are right!  They are definitely the same as the Ketsupuri Gang, aren't they?  Way too much alike for it to be a coincidence!   Grin

Thanks for catching that, you have a good eye!

Now I'm interesting in rewatching Rave, hehe!

Yeah I noticed that a while back on 2004 (I think) when I was watching both of those animes at the same network though I dont remember much what episode of rave they showed Tongue Can you give me a lil bit information about them cause its been a long time since I watched rave...Sorry to bother you so much with this question Grin
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 07:37:56 am by ACS17 » Report Spam   Logged
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 09:33:06 am »

I dont remember much what episode of rave they showed Tongue Can you give me a lil bit information about them cause its been a long time since I watched rave...Sorry to bother you so much with this question Grin

Here's a link to a short synopsis of the show, for starters -- I'll write more about the episode later if you want!

http://www.tv.com/rave-master/bandits-behind/episode/380846/summary.html?tag=ep_guide;summary
Report Spam   Logged

ACS17

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 12:40:05 am »

Here's a link to a short synopsis of the show, for starters -- I'll write more about the episode later if you want!

http://www.tv.com/rave-master/bandits-behind/episode/380846/summary.html?tag=ep_guide;summary

OMG thnx I remember now theyre also known as the big butt bandits and they're even funnier in rave while the gb version was a lil bit more serious lol...And I think the voices are different
Report Spam   Logged
Midou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 01:09:44 am »

I saw this info some 3 years back in ANN when I was searching for info regarding GB.

"In episode 37, Do Your Best, Natsumi! (Natsumi Ganbaru!), the Sexy Demon Gang (Big Butt Bandits) from Groove Adventure Rave (Rave Master) made a cameo appearance as jewel thieves."
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=1840&page=22

So I knew those thieves were related to some Anime but forgot which Anime was it. Coincidentally, I just finished watched Rave last week, and these guys show up. I went and checked ANN again to see if this was the Anime they were talking about, and it was indeed Rave Master.  Grin

They show up in 3 episodes in Rave. The first 2 were a bit boring, but the last episode.. lololol!!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 01:11:58 am by Midou » Report Spam   Logged

Getbackers FAQ & Download: http://anime.forumlivre.com/?showtopic=2
ACS17

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 05:44:58 am »

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=1840&page=22

So I knew those thieves were related to some Anime but forgot which Anime was it. Coincidentally, I just finished watched Rave last week, and these guys show up. I went and checked ANN again to see if this was the Anime they were talking about, and it was indeed Rave Master.  Grin

They show up in 3 episodes in Rave. The first 2 were a bit boring, but the last episode.. lololol!!

lol yeah the last episode was definitely hilarious lol xD
thank you very much for the link...But there are some manga spoilers in it >_<
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 05:47:27 am by ACS17 » Report Spam   Logged
i2agnarok

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2010, 04:16:00 pm »

Oh wow. I thought they looked familiar, but I just dismissed it as them having typical "fodder" designs, but they really do look like they were just imported from Rave. lolol.
Report Spam   Logged
Sythess
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2010, 09:48:10 pm »

Wow. You noticed that? I didn't. How did that happen?
Report Spam   Logged
o0Azure0o

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2010, 11:36:18 am »

Once I became one of those aggravating people who doesn't watch the bad dubs I stopped watching Rave Master. Maybe if I can find a good Japanese sub. Or maybe get the stick out of my ass and rewatch the series. Although.... I should also just read the Rave Master manga, since it actually seemed pretty good as well. However, the fact that they had characters cross over shows how in tune the studios can be. Collaborations are pretty cool. I mean, did anyone see the DBZ/One Piece crossover chapter? That was some gold stuff.
Report Spam   Logged
dreamdead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 09:43:30 am »

oh my god i couldnt belive it but its true whta is behind that
Report Spam   Logged
wowO_O

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2010, 01:41:23 am »

its been a while since i watched rave. and i really didn't notice it. but i didn't think that episode was that interesting nor did i really care about the three thieves so that could be the reason.
Report Spam   Logged
ACS17

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2010, 07:56:13 pm »

Ummm if you noticed this topic was posted long ago, if you notice the 2nd image becomes different, don't know why though (I don't know if it's just my computer). Anyway just search "rave episode 43" on youtube, you'll find a resemblance to the robbers on "get backers episode 37"
Report Spam   Logged
verzwei

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2010, 07:21:23 am »

Easiest explanation they are the same in whichever dimension they are on lol
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: