News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
April 18, 2024, 04:57:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

What was the latest manga you completed/read?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: What was the latest manga you completed/read?  (Read 1219 times)
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2011, 11:17:31 pm »

I recently completed reading Volume 17 of xxxHolic, which came in the mail not long ago.  I read most of my manga online, but xxxHolic is one that I can get in book form at a reasonable price.  This volume came out this month, and I had it on preorder!
...i really hope you're reading tsubasa reservoir chronicle alongside it. Grin

Actually, I'm not.  I haven't read TRC, except for a smattering of pages.  I did read a couple of detailed synopses of it so I would understand how it fits with Holic, though.  I really do need to read it properly, I know.  I just haven't gotten around to it yet!
Report Spam   Logged

Akuma.

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2011, 11:18:17 pm »

i just finished Tenjou Tenge and hoping to finish this manga soon =D
Report Spam   Logged
TheWindFish

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2011, 04:10:09 pm »

Just finished Ga-Rei today.

The story felt a little forced at times, and the side characters seemed a little bit flat, but on the whole it was enjoyable.
Report Spam   Logged
tsu

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2011, 02:04:09 pm »

the last one i red before starting GB was cavalier of the abyss
Report Spam   Logged
mangaupdates

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2011, 01:49:13 am »

I read Tsubasa Cronicle. I think the ending is a bit strange. And now i´m reading inugami.
Report Spam   Logged
eightreeds

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2011, 12:29:22 pm »

Violinist of Hameln. And thank goodness, the mood whiplash that thing generated was insane. Fun, but utterly insane.
Report Spam   Logged
tone

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2011, 08:01:07 am »

Last Inning. It's an ongoing manga and scanlations are at an early stage but it's worth reading. There are very few sports manga I truly enjoyed and this is one of them.
Report Spam   Logged
tristal

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2011, 06:12:17 am »

One of the best manga that i  recently  read  is Ubel Blatt
Report Spam   Logged
Origri

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 25, 2011, 02:34:06 pm »

Just finished reading the first part of Dragon Ball for the second time - it's amazing how good this manga is!
Report Spam   Logged
jas

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2011, 11:00:01 am »

lonely sheep, lonely wolf

reading it is like being in a nuclear explosion of CUTE and HEARTWARMING

its aftereffects linger, like a particularly moe case of radioactive poisoning
Report Spam   Logged
pinya

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2012, 07:42:06 am »

mmmmm i'm not too sure, i think it's nana, though it's not coplete.
i'm actually reading like 4 or 5 series... but they are still being written / transalated.
Report Spam   Logged
liohunter
« Reply #71 on: February 29, 2012, 09:30:45 pm »

berserk
Report Spam   Logged
captainsobe

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2012, 06:41:57 pm »

I last manga I completed was Fullmetal Alchemist, prior was Kekkaishi.
Report Spam   Logged
evilninja

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2012, 04:51:10 pm »

This week I finished reading Hellsing *finally!* I've been holding on to the last volume for like 5 months now, because I wasn't sure I was going to like the ending.  But it turns out, that I did!  YAY!  I normally don't go for the stories with THIS MUCH violence and gore, but very little of the killing, maiming, destroying was really all that out of hand gory.  The characters were more interesting and the story much more compelling than I would have guessed from watching the original 12(13?) episode anime.  Now, I am looking for Hellsing Ultimate, which is supposed to be much closer to the actual manga story line.

I also finished Tsubasa: reservoir chronicles.  The last 3 or 4 volumes were a total mindf**k and I had to read some of the chapters a couple of times in order to grasp what was going on, but the journey (which for me was over the course of nearly 2 years!) was amazing!  It also made me really curious about reading xxxHolic.  I loved the anime, but never really understood HOW interconnected the two stories got.  I think that is going to be my next read.
Report Spam   Logged

Tarot readings and more  --  www.hermittarot.webs.com
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2012, 05:48:44 pm »

I also finished Tsubasa: reservoir chronicles.  The last 3 or 4 volumes were a total mindf**k and I had to read some of the chapters a couple of times in order to grasp what was going on, but the journey (which for me was over the course of nearly 2 years!) was amazing!  It also made me really curious about reading xxxHolic.  I loved the anime, but never really understood HOW interconnected the two stories got.  I think that is going to be my next read.

I am a big fan of xxxHolic -- both the anime and the manga.  I just finished reading the final volume of it in English which finally came out; I'd had it on preorder for months!  I never actually read Tsubasa, though I cheated and read about it in a Clamp wiki so I could have some kind of vague understanding of its connection to xxxHolic.   Wink  I really need to read it properly, though.  That should be MY next thing I read.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: