News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
April 19, 2024, 05:55:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Manga Sites

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Manga Sites  (Read 1319 times)
yami_guy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2010, 07:32:54 am »

Thank you some how here Smiley You are always so nice ^_^

Very helpful, I noticed someone mentioning lurk, When I go there now to dl from their bots, the site only has old releases, which is  a shame, I relied on them for heaps of series, it says something about them upgrading?
Report Spam   Logged
dreamwalker

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2010, 09:03:34 pm »

Thanks for sharing! The list just about covers my usual hunting ground. I also visit Bakaupdates for new releases as they lead me straight to the scanlator sites, which I believe, is how I found Getbackers Manga Scans  ^_^
Report Spam   Logged
d2k192

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2010, 04:29:59 am »

Nice list. I have a few more add ons for you as well

Mangastream.com - they are more of a specialized online viewing source but they are fast and usually beat other sites to it in terms of delivery
animea.net - I was really looking for a certain series and they have it in this site. Again, this is for certain manga that aren't posted in other online viewing sites.
Report Spam   Logged
Kai Heartnet

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2010, 05:39:58 am »

Thanks for info
Report Spam   Logged
andva

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2010, 10:10:08 am »

As is it now we will have to remove some of those sites from the list. What do u guys think will this shake the scanlation world or not?
Report Spam   Logged

If you seek the crumbled bones
of the T'lan Imass;
gather into one hand
the sands of Raraku
_KAzuki_

Friendship Counts

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2010, 10:00:17 am »

As is it now we will have to remove some of those sites from the list. What do u guys think will this shake the scanlation world or not?

I've been thinking about this 'war of scanlation' too...
It will definitely affect the scanlation world.. lots of scanlation teams are closing down because of it... >.<
I'm worried.... Sad

Details from: http://www.viz.com/news/newsroom/?id=617[/b]
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 11:51:14 pm by animeaddict1068 » Report Spam   Logged

yami_guy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2010, 01:32:27 am »

I've been thinking about this 'war of scanlation' too...
It will definitely affect the scanlation world.. lots of scanlation teams are closing down because of it... >.<
I'm worried.... Sad

Details from: http://www.viz.com/news/newsroom/?id=617[/b]

My opinion of this as a scanlator is that I think this is a good step for any manga series that are licenced and have not been discontinued. For instance, if you want naruto or hellsing manga, you have the english books available. For mangas like getbackers, initial d and grappler baki, there is no possibility to collect licenced books and I think that its unfair to stop the scanning of these series, I'll continue to work on series like this and if I'm sent any warnings (like I have been for certain anime episodes on torrent) then I will just change site.
Report Spam   Logged
_KAzuki_

Friendship Counts

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2010, 06:21:13 pm »

My opinion of this as a scanlator is that I think this is a good step for any manga series that are licenced and have not been discontinued. For instance, if you want naruto or hellsing manga, you have the english books available. For mangas like getbackers, initial d and grappler baki, there is no possibility to collect licenced books and I think that its unfair to stop the scanning of these series, I'll continue to work on series like this and if I'm sent any warnings (like I have been for certain anime episodes on torrent) then I will just change site.

But they wouldn't care even if people cannot 'collect' getbackers, initial d or anything- as long as it is licensed.
On a happy note I'm glad they did not include getbackers =.=
Report Spam   Logged

yami_guy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2010, 01:15:07 am »

Yeah, they really don't care, thats great that GB isnt being affected, I've wanted to read the "get back the lost time" arc for ages now
Report Spam   Logged
Kaira

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2010, 03:35:40 pm »

wow, this ia really interesting discussion here, not only because of the dl sites =D. I also wondered how many dl sites will be affected by the recent events against scanlators and piracy? Hopefully MT will survive this (my favourite website).

I've a got a few dl sites to add:

The Evil Empire (a forum, you need 10 non-spam posts for dl)
Bleach Exile (not only Bleach!)
Nihonomaru (forum)

I mostly use #lurk, too. It's often faster, especially compared to MT (though they improved their servers somehow, you won't need a day anymore for 50mb)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 03:39:02 pm by Kaira » Report Spam   Logged
_KAzuki_

Friendship Counts

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2010, 09:59:41 am »

MT's mangatoshokan huh? Well- I don't think MT gives a care about licensed manga LOL!
That's the good thing about that MT- they stick to their guns and not let googleadsence do the talking!
On the other hand scanlators are closing, scanlated manga from hosting sites (mangafox) are being pulled out, and loli/shota are officially banned. That's the best prevention act the authorities can do huh?
Mangafox has decided to pull away from googleadsence in order to unlock their mature manga because they've been gravely affected by the licensing thing...
tsk tsk.... I hope  this interference in the scanlation world end soon enough.

You've all heard about http://stoptazmo.com/forums.php right? A good DL site <3
Report Spam   Logged

_KAzuki_

Friendship Counts

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2010, 06:59:11 pm »

I take back what I said about Mangatoshokan not caring about series removed because just today they were asked to take down some series...and guess what? Get Backers is one of them  Undecided
http://www.mangatoshokan.com/forums/showthread.php?6255-List-of-Removed-Series
Report Spam   Logged

_KAzuki_

Friendship Counts

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2010, 08:04:13 pm »

And ONEMANGA is DOWN!!!  Undecided Undecided Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2010, 08:06:58 pm »

And ONEMANGA is DOWN!!!  Undecided Undecided Undecided

I was upset to discover this fact this morning, but I guess there's not much we can do.  The field for online manga is narrowing!   Embarrassed
Report Spam   Logged

Darkenthesky

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2010, 10:48:01 pm »

Indeed, just gotta hope mangafox doesn't fold as easily as onemanga did.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: