News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
April 18, 2024, 01:55:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Mahou Sensei Negima By Ken Akamatsu

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mahou Sensei Negima By Ken Akamatsu  (Read 601 times)
ToushiroX

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2010, 12:14:17 pm »

itīs an excellent manga but the only thing i complain about is that it has too many  text
Report Spam   Logged
yami_guy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2010, 10:06:31 am »

I've been following negima between other series, and so far its just comedy and ecchi, and I know it gets epic and into a full blown shonen later on, but I honestly woudn't mind if it has more of this comedy, I'm enjoying it ! Tongue

Maybe the combo of ecchi comedy and epic story will be the perfect combo lol

Negima is in the same magazine as Getbackers and Air Gear so I figured the editors would want it to conform to their usual mangas a little, but I recall the mangaka saying he wanted to make an action series from the start
Report Spam   Logged
Ryuhou

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2010, 12:06:08 pm »

After Love Hina, Akamatsu wanted to do a shounen fighting manga but his editors saw the success that Love Hina brought about and wanted him to do another manga that was like Love Hina.  So Akamatsu, the sly devil that he is, managed to change Negima from romantic comedy to action adventure so gradually, his editors and readers didn't notice until he was at the point here there was no turning back.

Well, I say that but Akamatsu does like to sneak in a few chapters of comedy (with tons of fanservice) amidst the serious plot and fighting.

But yeah, Negima is definitely my favorite ongoing manga at this point in time and makes a bid for favorite manga of all time.
Report Spam   Logged
glue

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2010, 07:10:35 am »

itīs an excellent manga but the only thing i complain about is that it has too many  text

You didn't ever read Hana no Keiji or Ghost in The Shell, did you? Wink
Report Spam   Logged
DavidAre

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2010, 09:49:56 pm »

Negima is a good read
I always wait every week for the lastest chapter
Report Spam   Logged
hanamitchi10

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2010, 07:39:05 am »

I love this manga.. especially the girls.hehehe
Report Spam   Logged
shinegreater

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2011, 03:03:39 pm »

never could get into this anime/manga seemed boring i think ill give it another try
Report Spam   Logged
Redflagx

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2011, 07:29:07 pm »

Cool... also reading this manga and its quite interesting  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Mikon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2011, 10:15:20 pm »

Titles that you'll hear in the future that will be able to compare with Dragonball and Akira will be Negima, Naruto and One Piece. Though some others should get honourable meantions like Death Note and Get Backers.

My reasoning for this statement is that Ken Akamatsu managed to switch the genre of this manga which has already been stated and will continue to improve the story in it's over the top 'Dragonball Z' leveling up style; it has a great list of characters with development to each of them; a story line that doesn't seem to end, no matter how many times "last boss" get meantioned; and artwork thats clean and cut as you would expect of high quality mangas.

The only thing I don't enjoy about the series is that it keep refering to "last boss" when its not near the end of the story yet. It was funny the first few times but now each character keep going on about it now.

MMMMmmmm Nodoka and Sextum Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
117x

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2011, 01:20:20 am »

Love Hina was my first manga so I should love Mahou Sensei Negima but I just couldn't get into it at the time. I've been meaning to give it another try but just haven't gotten around to it yet.
Report Spam   Logged
elain

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2011, 07:34:19 pm »

I really like the manga, but I do feel that the plot is getting a little complicated. It's like new things jump up so often, I've lost track of most of them.
Report Spam   Logged
jmballe

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2011, 10:31:17 pm »

A really good manga, the only problem are the author usually breaks haha.
Report Spam   Logged
no2fakeshakes

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2011, 04:29:12 am »

best manga ever!.
Report Spam   Logged
tristal

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2011, 02:06:16 pm »

Thanks for the recommendation i know about the anime and is on my wishlist but i didnt know that the manga is so good .
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: