News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
April 18, 2024, 02:02:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Fullmetal Alchemist...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Fullmetal Alchemist...  (Read 727 times)
Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2010, 05:43:23 pm »

FMA has always been a personal favourite for me, and be damned if it doesn't count as a modern classic already. The way Arakawa Hiromu builds up the story, the characters and the world they live in is something that comes only once every decade. It's one of those series that everybody can grow attached to, no matter what kinds of anime/manga you're usually into. I don't hesitate to call FMA a near perfect manga. Heck, if we speak purely objectively and from a completely inbiased POV, I say that FMA is better than Get Backers. Yep, it's that fantastic.

Reading the latest chapter meant that I had to say goodbye to the characters I have loved every since the first anime - but in the expected sadness, there was also a relief. A relief in knowing that the series knew when its time had come; that it should end with its head held high, not make it a zombie that keeps going only to keep the fans pleased and drive on the merchandise sellings. Very wise desicion.

Thanks for all these years, Fullmetal Alchemist!

EDWIN FOR THE WIN!!
Report Spam   Logged

The "S" in Get Backers...

... Means neither of us is alone!

~Click Here To Enter Lovux's Art Thread~
Asdrubal

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2010, 09:20:11 pm »

Yep, FMA felt like complete to me, usually I stick to a manga/anime because it's fun or it has nice fights, or a awesome plot, but FMA felt like it had it all, you could laugh ( Izumi and Alex Armstrong usually are the most fun), good battles (the way the create things out of nothing and combine with fighting style makes the hole thing unpredictable) and nobody can put a finger on the plot because it was great!

I too am not a fan of Ed/Winry, so I felt like Oh, no fun when it endend like that, but one thing surprised me, did you notice that on the last pictures Ed is way taller? I thought he would stay chibbi forever, ashahshas
Report Spam   Logged

ornyx

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2010, 01:06:28 pm »

Im kinda glad it actually finished as alot of mangas well exceed there time scale by coming out with cack instead of having a GOOD shorter story.
Im also gutted its finished as now i have to go out any buy ALL the volumes and thats alot of money XD
Report Spam   Logged
darkido

Peace<:

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2010, 06:12:31 am »

I like how some mangas teach morals, impart ideas and show the different way of life people lead, through their storylines. FMA is one of these great mangas. Hope to see more great work from the author!

Report Spam   Logged
glue

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2010, 07:07:57 am »

Well I guess I can't call myself a FMA fan: I liked the initial concept, yet from the appearence of the homunculi onward I had from time to time the feeling the story I was reading was mostly a filler. By the way, kudos to the autho who took a brave and good decision of ending the series, and IMHO I think it was somehow a pretty decent one too.
Report Spam   Logged
alt2005

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2010, 01:32:02 pm »

i really didnt like the end, this is one of those i wanted to go on for ever!!! now what will i read!!!
Report Spam   Logged
yoyoma123

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2010, 10:26:34 am »

the ending was good
Report Spam   Logged
jerdude

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2010, 10:01:05 pm »

This is one of the best shounen mangas I've read. The theme of kinship(not just friendship like all those other mangas), sacrifice, selflessness, and dreams really got to me. The ending.... Good ending is all I can say. Nothing mind blowing but still.. a great manga to read nonetheless.
Report Spam   Logged
steve

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2010, 10:57:11 am »

FMA was what got me started on Get Backers, so I owe it quite a bit of love. When brotherhood came out, it started me in earnest on the manga. FMA manga is over, and it was well and good. Now, if only I can get these last volumes of Get Backers read!
Report Spam   Logged
DavidAre

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2010, 09:40:37 pm »

Excellent manga and great ending
Anime fans should read the latest chapters in the manga to see the differences xD
Report Spam   Logged
Sythess
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2010, 09:49:29 pm »

FMA was really good. Both the anime and manga. And the OVAs.
Report Spam   Logged
skyw4lk3r

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2010, 07:57:31 am »

This series is very good. One of the best series i've ever read and watched,
For me the manga is still better than the anime, but the anime is still good enough.
Report Spam   Logged
ManaYagami

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2010, 09:32:16 am »

I disliked the original FMA anime, and because of that, never bothered with the movie and Brotherhood. Is the manga different to what I've seen or is it more of the same?
Report Spam   Logged
Asdrubal

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2010, 09:48:57 am »

The first FMA anime was true to the manga for what, 2 episodes? FMA is awesome, and yes, it's different from the first anime, but only the story. If you didn't like the style ( alchemy, homunculus - though they are different in the manga/brotherhood - fights, conspiracy, etc, etc) then don't bother watching the brotherhood or reading the manga.
Report Spam   Logged

ManaYagami

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2010, 10:17:23 am »

The world itself was interesting, but from a certain point of the anime, everything started to fall apart, stopped making sense (in terms of the FMA universe itself) and there were things happening that were too rushed, like there was a large piece of backstory missing and they just jumped like 10 episodes to meet the deadlines.

If you say that the manga and Brotherhood are a lot different from that and, the reason why people praise it so much, I have to check it out. Thanks!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: