News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 28, 2024, 08:45:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Classic games you played when you were little.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Classic games you played when you were little.  (Read 2269 times)
Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 17, 2010, 07:40:58 pm »

when I say classic games I mean anything from old atari/snes games you played up to the N64 era and even old computer games.

what are some of the games that you guys loved to play back when games were just starting to become popular?

For me it had to be The Computer game called One Must Fall, It even beat out old Street Fighter and Mortal Combat games for me.

anyways, heres a video showing what One must fall was about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15bvpznQP5M&feature=related

This game came out in 1994 and was pretty mcuh the top of the line in graphics at the time. It was my favorite game up  until my computer couldn't play it any more.

another one of my favorite games when I was little was a game called MegaRace, It had a combination of shooting cars out of the way, many stages and tracks, and a weird guy who hosts the races. It was another game that I can say was truely the top of the line at the time.

and my last pick is The original Need for speed game, which was originally made for the Computer, and only had a few cars to chose from. I guess you could say I'm a need for speed veteran, since Ive been playing the need for speed series for so long.

As you can see, most of the games I chose were from the 1993-1994 period, I guess thats when I really started playing video games.

what are some games that you guys played when you were younger?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 04:01:48 pm »

does nobody have any fun games from their childhood you'd like to post?
Report Spam   Logged

highway61ie
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 07:19:57 pm »

well none as old as that Tongue
spyro is about as far as mine goes xD
Report Spam   Logged

Rodlyn
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 10:26:11 pm »

Oh crap sorry thought i replied to this already, oops my bad Embarrassed
Erm my childhood was playing commador c64 games particularly one called " New Zealand story" 

After this i think the first console i owned was an N64 and one game i played alot with some friends was called " san francisco rush"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29MxYEYHRGc&feature=related
And that's pretty much it for me  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Please click the egg =D
Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 10:55:56 pm »

Oh crap sorry thought i replied to this already, oops my bad Embarrassed
Erm my childhood was playing commador c64 games particularly one called " New Zealand story" 

After this i think the first console i owned was an N64 and one game i played alot with some friends was called " san francisco rush"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29MxYEYHRGc&feature=related
And that's pretty much it for me  Cheesy

My first concil was a super nintendo, after that I got a N64. Is sanfransisco rush related to "Rush" in some way?

well none as old as that Tongue
spyro is about as far as mine goes xD

You youngin you. spyro isn't really that old.
Report Spam   Logged

somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 06:37:11 am »

Hmm...the first game I ever played was original bubble bobbles on those large black floopy disk! It was one of few games that I actually enjoyed! I sooo old! It makes me wanna cry! Yeah, moving on! I wasn't interested games until I played my first rpg...Final Fantasy Adventure! It was very easy...not like those previous games like original Mario or Zelda. Those games were so hard that it turned me off from playing those games!  Well, after the my first rpg experience I started to play other rpgs from then on like Chrono Crusade, Phantasy Star,  and Secrete of Mana.  Now I am addicted to playing rpg games...
Report Spam   Logged
Naz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 04:23:58 pm »

I remember the good old N64 days, playing on my brothers' console...
Used to love Banjo Kazooie and DK 64  Smiley
Oh and Legend of Zelda Majora's mask of course...
Good times  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Click please ^^

ah abusing tom is one of my few pleasures in life  Cheesy
Rodlyn
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 07:22:40 pm »

Vent the north: I'm not sure if it's related to Rush or not, sorry  Undecided

Somewhere_here: The commador games were loaded via cassette  Tongue

Naz: yeah they were the good old days, Legend of zelda was an amazing game, but the thing i liked most about the console, was the way the controllers were layed out  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Please click the egg =D
somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 08:05:34 pm »

Somewhere_here: The commador games were loaded via cassette  Tongue

Opps! My bad! Embarrassed I bended my memory of two earlier system that my brother had! HA HA! That just telling you that getting old! My brother had collected a lot of different games system from beginning, but for me they were all the same! Wink It wasn't until 16bit generation did I notice the difference!
Report Spam   Logged
Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 08:46:34 pm »

Vent the north: I'm not sure if it's related to Rush or not, sorry  Undecided

I didn't think you would, but I figured I would ask anyways just in case.

I remember the good old N64 days, playing on my brothers' console...
Used to love Banjo Kazooie and DK 64  Smiley
Oh and Legend of Zelda Majora's mask of course...
Good times  Smiley

DK s4 was a awesome game. Thats the DK  shooting game right?

Hmm...the first game I ever played was original bubble bobbles on those large black floopy disk! It was one of few games that I actually enjoyed! I sooo old! It makes me wanna cry! Yeah, moving on! I wasn't interested games until I played my first rpg...Final Fantasy Adventure! It was very easy...not like those previous games like original Mario or Zelda. Those games were so hard that it turned me off from playing those games!  Well, after the my first rpg experience I started to play other rpgs from then on like Chrono Crusade, Phantasy Star,  and Secrete of Mana.  Now I am addicted to playing rpg games...

Lol floppy disk, a casette? Even my old games didn't play on those lol.
Report Spam   Logged

somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2010, 06:58:57 am »

Yup! I feel so old already when you say that! But in my defense I played them when I was under 10! My brothers was avid game collectors and players!  So all those old games I played was theirs! That was cool about having older brothers! You can borrow any games  or game systems you like! Even till this day, I still do! It is pretty awesome! Except the time when they made me and my sister play Street Fighters 2 for 2-3 hours for couple of weeks when game had first came out Super NES Angry...and the awful memory of my brother only using punches to defeat me...it was supposed to handicap! Embarrassed
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 07:01:54 am by somehow_here » Report Spam   Logged
Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2010, 09:21:16 am »

Yup! I feel so old already when you say that! But in my defense I played them when I was under 10! My brothers was avid game collectors and players!  So all those old games I played was theirs! That was cool about having older brothers! You can borrow any games  or game systems you like! Even till this day, I still do! It is pretty awesome! Except the time when they made me and my sister play Street Fighters 2 for 2-3 hours for couple of weeks when game had first came out Super NES Angry...and the awful memory of my brother only using punches to defeat me...it was supposed to handicap! Embarrassed

I played a few games that were on floppy disks in elementary school but that was about it, though the technology in my elementary school was very outdated.

And I like the street fighter games, I used to play them with my brother on the super Nintendo back in the early 90's.
Report Spam   Logged

somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2010, 05:35:26 pm »

I played a few games that were on floppy disks in elementary school but that was about it, though the technology in my elementary school was very outdated.
I also did play it in school! I actually learn to type by playing those games...never really got to far in in those typing games, though. I blame it on clumsy fingers.

And I like the street fighter games, I used to play them with my brother on the super Nintendo back in the early 90's.
Oh really!! Street Figher  was an ok game...but playing my brothers was horrible. It was like playing the game on expert mode! And with my clumsy finger, it became close to torture without being inhuman...So how about those other fight games? I had to play them also. It was only few games that allow us play together! I usually get my revenge on them with bomberman and teris attack... Until brothers got mad and made me play fighting games, like Mortal Kombat! Those two games back in the days were consider the leaders of fighting games! That was until Killer Instinct came out! And my brothers finally manage to get sick of fight games...Thank god! Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2010, 12:41:09 pm »

The Megaman games, definitely an old-time favourite. Especially the second game from the classic series, that part contains some of the best video game music I've ever heard.

Adventure Island too. I mean, a cap-wearing, prehistorical fatso is awaken by a coconut who falls on his head and he NEEDS to run around on one billion islands and kill dinosaurs and eat berries just to calm himself down. If that's not the greatest excuse for a game play ever I don't know what is...
Report Spam   Logged

The "S" in Get Backers...

... Means neither of us is alone!

~Click Here To Enter Lovux's Art Thread~
somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2010, 06:08:24 pm »

The Megaman games, definitely an old-time favourite. Especially the second game from the classic series, that part contains some of the best video game music I've ever heard.
I can believe I forgot about that one! The series is definitely considered classic! I  played few times, on Super Nes and DS. It was pretty fun! I love getting new ablities! It really change the dynamics of game once you change your ablities! Cheesy

Adventure Island too. I mean, a cap-wearing, prehistorical fatso is awaken by a coconut who falls on his head and he NEEDS to run around on one billion islands and kill dinosaurs and eat berries just to calm himself down. If that's not the greatest excuse for a game play ever I don't know what is...

I actually played that game, too! I did get that far though! I kinda of such at action...basically almost all types of games with exception with rpg and puzzle games. It was funny, but it was bit too hard for me play!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: