News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 28, 2024, 09:32:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Classic games you played when you were little.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Classic games you played when you were little.  (Read 2270 times)
glue

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2010, 05:58:21 am »

I don't even remember the first game I ever played... the first that comes to mind is "Pacman", then "Tetris" and "Ghost 'n goblins" (all of them arcade games back in the '85 or so). I played some vic20 games, then I got a C=64 (the great classics like "Turrican" and "The Last Ninja" came years later), then switched to a pc with a 386 at 16mHz and played "Wing Commander" and "King's Quest V" with 3½ floppy. Years passed, I bought a Dreamcast (with "Shenmue") and a PS2 that I still use from time to time.
Report Spam   Logged
xdarktx

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2010, 08:26:05 am »

pokemon
Report Spam   Logged
undeadr

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2010, 03:15:46 am »

Maniac Mansion... lot of years ago...
Report Spam   Logged
jerdude

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2010, 09:46:23 pm »

First game I played was on DOS. Tons of racing games during those times. Jump a few years ahead, Pokemon. Heart of Darkness too if anyone knows it (side scroller action puzzle game). And Megaman X4.
Report Spam   Logged
frere

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2010, 01:34:02 pm »

Oh my god, One Must Fall. If it weren't for your youtube link showing that picture, i would never have remembered what game that could have been. Me, my friends and my little brother used to play that so much. It was quite entertaining. As for my childhood, after looking briefly through this thread. It's about the same as everyone else. Early Nintendo era as well as Atari and some Commodore 64.

My uncle had some kind of Mario Brothers on his Commodore 64 which was really hard compared to the mostly easy NES, alike to that fan made Super Mario World going around right now.
Also the Atari we had was the programming kind, the one where you had to input the game program before being able to play it. Our favorite was some basic Kart racing game.
Report Spam   Logged
ManaYagami

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2010, 12:30:34 pm »

I started with a cassete ZX Spectrum and I also had another one that had games on floppies. I mostly played Rampage, Paperboy and Bumpy on them. Later, we got an Amiga 500 where I played Prince of Persia, Monkey Island, Speedball 2, Dune, Super Off-Road, Chaos Engine, Cannon Fodder, and a lot of other games. I was 7/8 when I got my first PC, a 486 DX2 66MHz with a 400MB HDD. That's when I discovered that I had problems of motion sickness with games while playing Doom and Wolfenstein 3D, which I managed to finish since I didn't understand what I was feeling and I continued playing them, lol. With today's 3D games, I don't have problems, but there are still games like Half-Life 2 that can make me feel sick, while I can play Modern Warfare 2 for 8 hours straight without feeling anything like that. It's weird, since by the posts of some of the older users, there are people sensible to many more 3D games.
Report Spam   Logged
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2010, 10:13:13 pm »

That's when I discovered that I had problems of motion sickness with games while playing Doom and Wolfenstein 3D, which I managed to finish since I didn't understand what I was feeling and I continued playing them, lol. With today's 3D games, I don't have problems, but there are still games like Half-Life 2 that can make me feel sick, while I can play Modern Warfare 2 for 8 hours straight without feeling anything like that. It's weird, since by the posts of some of the older users, there are people sensible to many more 3D games.

I have motion-sickness trouble with some games, too -- mostly when I am watching others play them, but a few I actually struggle with myself when I am playing them.   Embarrassed
Report Spam   Logged

brandonbrandon

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2010, 10:26:24 pm »

games i played: contra O_O
Report Spam   Logged
arigonzales

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2010, 11:23:39 pm »

the lyon king game for sega genesis
crash bandycot series for ps one
age of empires for pc,

Report Spam   Logged
Umi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2010, 04:23:10 am »

Dr. Mario ftw! lol Pacman and Tetris, too. And that game where you have a bar at the bottom of a screen and there's a bouncing ball and you have to keep the ball from hitting the bottom while hitting all the bars above? I forgot what you call that game. orz

Report Spam   Logged
CN

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2010, 02:55:17 am »

FFVII definitely, Klonoa, and Monkey Magic were my favorites
Report Spam   Logged
dismas

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2010, 11:59:23 pm »

First console I owned was SNES. I only had like 3 games, Super Mario World, Mega Man X, and Zelda: A Link to the Past.
Report Spam   Logged
Levz

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2010, 03:09:32 am »

That's when I discovered that I had problems of motion sickness with games while playing Doom and Wolfenstein 3D, which I managed to finish since I didn't understand what I was feeling and I continued playing them, lol. With today's 3D games, I don't have problems, but there are still games like Half-Life 2 that can make me feel sick, while I can play Modern Warfare 2 for 8 hours straight without feeling anything like that. It's weird, since by the posts of some of the older users, there are people sensible to many more 3D games.

I have motion-sickness trouble with some games, too -- mostly when I am watching others play them, but a few I actually struggle with myself when I am playing them.   Embarrassed
Wow i though i was the only one with motion sickness from games, whenever i play half life or portal (for a long time) i get really dizzy and if i don't stop i start feeling sick. I think it has something to do with the field of vision. Same thing if I can't advance for more than an hour or so in a game or with old 3D googles.
Anyway classic games i would say macross for the family (the jap. version of the nes), i still remember it, the little SD min may hitting the gong and all. Also the first mario game, and circus (all for the family). That was when i was really small like 6 or 7 years i guess.
Report Spam   Logged

Protest Song (to Silvio)

He fell mortally wounded from a slash to his guitar
But had enough time to get his best song from it’s cover
And shot his assassin with it
Who momentarily seemed shocked
Taking his fingers to the ears
And screaming
For someone to turn off the lights

-Roque Dalton
Asterisk

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2010, 09:14:36 pm »

Been playing games for as long as I've been able to read.

Here's a list of what I played as a kid.

Crystalis
Dragon Warrior 1,2 and 3
Final Fantasy 1
Star Tropics
Zelda

Lufia 1 and 2
Final Fantasy 2 and 3 (4 and 6)
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Super Mario rpg
Zelda: Link to the past
Breath of Fire 1 and 2
Actraiser 1 and 2
Crono Trigger

...and I'd have to look through my games to remember the other ones I played back then.
Report Spam   Logged
klimpaloon

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2010, 04:23:40 am »

Pokemon duh, mario xD harvest moon 2 and 3 ~
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: