News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
April 19, 2024, 07:30:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Worst moments in manga and anime.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Worst moments in manga and anime.  (Read 674 times)
Anri

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2010, 03:40:19 pm »

Well, I think there are too many such moments in the last years to recount them all, but similarly they focus mostly around very bad anime synchronisation, cutting and discontinuing manga series by publishers out of Japan. Some bad examples would be the stopping of Slam Dunk and Banana Fish and the synchro of Naruto (in Germany at least). Thank God I speak English as well....
Report Spam   Logged
hammershoney315

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2010, 04:40:14 pm »

The absolute worst moment for me was after reading 22 volumes of Rebirth by Woo, Kodansha yanked all their licenses and it left it with a MAJOR cliffhanger.  I've invested 22 volumes worth of time building up to the apocalyptic final battle watching the valiant efforts of the good guys trying to hold out until Deshwitat completes his vampire lord training in the other dimension. Then just as all hope is gone and they have to bring him back a few minutes early, he drops into our plane of existence, it's over. To be continued... Only it never got continued. And the scanlations that are out there aren't even up to volume 22 yet. It's Korean and I have found that there are at least 25 volumes that have been published in Korea. To say the least, it has left me wary of purchasing any titles from Tokyopop that are not already completed.
Report Spam   Logged
yami_guy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2010, 07:57:02 am »

My worst moments in manga = almost every chapter of change guy
Report Spam   Logged
civer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2010, 09:05:22 am »

that would be ... everytime in a shonen manga the half-dead or even worse beaten up protagonist defeats the enemy he until that moment didnt even stand the slightest chance ... it just makes being strong seem useless when no matter how much difference between two characters is useless. e.g. Ichigo vs kempachi alsmost every fight in samurai deeper kyo -.-"
Report Spam   Logged
junkycam

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2010, 12:04:44 pm »

fillers that doesn't make sense at all.... hmf
Report Spam   Logged
shinegreater

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2011, 02:59:05 pm »

pricilla not knowing she is bad in claymore lol hands down
Report Spam   Logged
xero_limits

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2011, 07:54:57 am »

berserk taking 5 years to put out a chapter -.- where did it go??
Report Spam   Logged
Maximus

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2011, 11:21:10 pm »

berserk taking 5 years to put out a chapter [2]
I add Gantz and Bastard!! in the list of ''mangas that the put out a chapter by year"
Report Spam   Logged
JiNXiE

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2011, 04:18:17 pm »

I can think of several.  But what really gets me the most about both, is when the manga or anime just basically ends.  No conclusion or anything like that.  It's like they got lazy and decided they weren't going to give a resolution to climax.  They just stopped, with no explanation.  I absolutely hate that.  And sadly, there are a lot of anime and manga that have that. 
Report Spam   Logged
dullrath

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2011, 12:01:43 am »

Japanese otaku sending death threats to the mangaka of Kannagi causing the hiatus that is hopefully going to end later this year.
Report Spam   Logged
michiko215

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2011, 04:01:28 am »

there are probably a lot of bad mangas or anime but i don't recall those names because they already are bad Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
RelM

Workaholic

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2011, 06:18:17 am »

There are aren't THAT many bad mangas actually.. It's usually a manga that either starts off bad but gets good, or started good but became bad due to it being rushed (since it got axed)

Examples: Lock-on. The premise was good (photography and main character with a special eye.) It got rushed tho and became a bit bad later on due to it not being so popular (so it had to end early.) There's another photograpy manga called Kimiiro focus which I read too that hasn't been axed yet... Weird thing is, the premise isn't THAT great IMO, but it's still ongoing.. I suppose it's because it features more fanservice...

Which brings me to my "worst moments" thing.

I hate manga/anime that become too focused on fanservice... An example would be Freezing. There is a tolerable amount in the manga/manhwa (whatever you classify it as...), but the anime had too much fanservice... It's the reason I didn't even bother with the anime... Also Rosario+Vampire... The manga is interesting with a tolerable amount of fanservice, but the anime had too much and made it ridiculous...
Report Spam   Logged

Please read
I need space again. Help a typesetter out. I get 250 MB for everyone who registers and installs using this link. You can just uninstall after. NO virus, I assure you on my TSing pride. Anyone who hasn't helped yet please do. If you could tell others please do.
http://db.tt/O0YnVGJ
jmballe

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2011, 10:20:42 pm »

worst moment is when you realise that maybe you'll not be able to finish some manga (particularly HxH) in your life time...haha... now really to have to wait years to finish something is bad...
Report Spam   Logged
Amamiya

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2011, 12:42:27 pm »

One of the worst moments in Anime history has to be the ending of the GTO adaptation which makes me shudder to even mention.

There's no reason why they couldn't just rework the original manga ending to tie in. Huh?

Report Spam   Logged
hammershoney315

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2011, 01:37:02 am »

This may or may not be considered a worst moment, depending on how you look at it, but it is a very frustrating moment. I am talking about when the manga and the anime are almost nothing alike.

I just finished Mayu Shinjo's Kaikan Phrase (Sensual Phrase). I enjoyed the manga. All 18 volumes. Couldn't put it down. So I had to watch the anime. It's older. 90's. 44 episodes. Other than the characters, it was like a totally different story.

*Spoilers*

Volume 1 of the manga had the lead singer of the insanely popular rock band Lucifer almost running down a girl who walked into the road in front of his Ferrari. He's already a major star . He picks up a poem she left behind and makes it into the band's next hit single. She becomes the band's lyricist and the romance goes from there.

The anime spends the first 20+ episodes on the band getting together and the struggles to make it to the big time. When the accidental meeting between the romantic leads finally occurs, the band is still new to the pro scene and the girl's poem becomes their 2nd single. And instead of the Ferrari, she is almost run down by his motorcycle.  In the manga, one of the band members is married and has a child. Not so in the anime. Another band member is in love with his sister. (step sister not blood related) Also not in the anime. There is very little of the manga that is contained in the anime. It also left an unsatisfying ending where nothing was resolved. The manga gave me the payoff I had invested 18 volumes of my time on.

I can honestly say that while the anime was not bad, 90's style animation not withstanding, if I had seen it first I probably would not have read the manga.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: