News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 29, 2024, 01:57:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Crappiest moments of the comics..

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crappiest moments of the comics..  (Read 366 times)
Kickthekitty

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2010, 02:14:49 pm »

[First whine]
Following the end of the Marvel's Dark Reign saga, I had once again one of those "WTF?" moments. US president gives orders to fighter aircrafts to attack american soldiers? I can understand idea that he would want Osborn down as fast as possible, but that was not only stupid but actually insults as well.
(Yes, I agree that presidents should be insulted regularly but as far has Obama shoved that he possesses brains as well as ability to keep his dick in his pants, which is quite a improvement compared to his predecessors.)

That was more then I could handle, so behold: I made a thread dedicated for whining about how the comic writers seem to be obsessed to give otherwise great books a really really crappy climax.

[Second whine]

The glorious "ultimate clone saga". (Ultimate SpiderMan 097-105) And I mean glorious. If you haven't read it, then it's about time. It starts slow, and builds, and builds, and build more and more tension! Drama, action and crossovers in every good way there is! And then comes final fight. The climax and THIS is how they took down the villain!?! IMAGE LINK
Now Peter Parker is a genius. Not a supergenius but still a genius. And even more, he is a practical genius. Yet he(/they) resort to twin punch??
Surely there was something better he could have done.  Something smarter.
Why didn't Spider for example electrocute him? Or couldn't he have thrown some battary acid to that bastard? Or some dust or chemichals so that the villain couldn't breathe? Or he could have for god's sake simply turned of the lights and then sneaked from behind! Not to mention that instead of fighting at all, he could have just left from the building and contacted those heavily armed soldiers outside...
But no. That fight is ended with a twin bunch. And damn it pisses me off. These characters deserve better writing then this!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 07:19:57 pm by Kickthekitty » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 05:11:49 pm »

We need a manga/anime version for this thread. Making it now.
Report Spam   Logged

princesy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 08:52:00 am »

The fact transmet ended!!!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
boscoe

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 07:38:05 pm »

The Teen Titans comic. It is just one big awkward moment.
Report Spam   Logged
V.H.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 12:34:16 pm »

The crappiest moment for me it was when they made a lame copy of  bleach and called it a comic.
Report Spam   Logged
GwainT

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 01:08:39 pm »

I can't believe no one mentioned the Spider-Man "One More Day" storyline.  Worst plot EVER.  "Let's ruin 30 years of comics, just because Spider-Man isn't the same as when I was a kid." 

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: