News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 28, 2024, 11:17:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Favourite Pairings?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Favourite Pairings?  (Read 2072 times)
Rem

Ryuusuke Excellent Minami

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2010, 03:12:23 pm »

I hate Madoka.. so I don't like Shido/Madoka <__<

My fav pairing is Ban/Ginji *_* but I love Juubei/Kazuki too.. They're so cute! <3
Report Spam   Logged
A-chan

Woo!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2010, 03:10:45 pm »

Dear Lovux,
Another yaoi fangirl here. My dear your wall of Ban/Ginji dedication was not pretentious. It was beautiful and I was tempted to quote the whole thing in my post. Now I'm nowhere near as eloquent as the other Ban/Ginji shippers who've spoken up here so I'm afraid my explanation of the reason they are OTP 4EVER will be lame in comparison and I can't say anything that hasn't already been said.  But...

The same is true of me. Logically I know this series is shounen so Ban and Ginji will never hook up...on screeen. However, everything else tells me these two are each other's soulmates. The one and only person that they are meant to be with. They will never have this deep a connection with anyone else ever. I also believe there is no one for Ban and Ginji but Ban and Ginji. So please don't even talk to me about other pairings involving one of them. And even if I did believe they weren't meant to be romantically I'd still believe they were soulmates in the friendship way (but I believe they were made to be LUVERS). But while it's true I'm a die hard, to the death I will fight you, but not insane  Grin  Ban/Ginji shipper I do believe that having them get together during the series would have ruined the uniquesness of their relationship which is part of what I liked so much about them. If they ever did let the B/G thing happen I'd want it to be set years and years into the future like when they're in their 30s or something. Maybe. That might still be weird for me. I think I'm content with the fact that all we see of them is their amazing undescribable friendship cuz they're friends, always, forever, no matter what, but knowing through evidence of their actions that behind closed doors they're totally together.  And even though I mesh those two worlds together, I still also keep them separate so I don't have to ruin either one's meaning.
Report Spam   Logged
ADA

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2010, 02:50:30 pm »

After watching the anime and starting the manga, I like the idea of Kazuki and Ren. I think there is potential growth. And for random cracks Kazuki and Sakura. Keep their culture relationship between the two families.
Report Spam   Logged
_KAzuki_

Friendship Counts

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2010, 10:04:21 am »

Aside from Ban/Ginji Pairing i must say Kazuki-chan deserves a man of his life (no offense to no-to-BL xD)
Indeed...looking closely Kazuki-chan's the most beautiful among them having had the features of a girl..
Nah- dun't like Juubei in this one but with the recent chapters I'd go for SHIDO Grin!! <3 <3
Report Spam   Logged

aqua11alta

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2010, 10:11:19 am »

himiko x ginji
Report Spam   Logged
Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2010, 04:13:37 pm »

Dear Lovux,
Another yaoi fangirl here. My dear your wall of Ban/Ginji dedication was not pretentious. It was beautiful and I was tempted to quote the whole thing in my post.

... Naaaah. XD
Honey, your explanation was not lame at all. The reasons you gave for why Ban/Ginji means so much to you were just as beautifully written and quote-worthy as the other reasons stated by other rabid fangirls. And for that reason, I love this thread. It’s so lovely to see how this pairing seem to attract intelligent fangirls who can back up their support by more than just “OMFG they are so hot together!”. It’s also interesting to see how we all seem to share nearly the exact same stance on Ban/Ginji too. That we, despite our constant preaching that they are OTP 4EVAH, are open-minded enough to accept them as friends, and thus admitting that friendship is just as beautiful and powerful of a bond as love is. Awesome.

BRB DRAWING SMEXY BAN/GINJI FANART LOL

Said and done; here’s a freebie for all you Ban/Ginji shippers out there!

Hope you like~ Kiss

Aside from Ban/Ginji Pairing i must say Kazuki-chan deserves a man of his life (no offense to no-to-BL xD)
Indeed...looking closely Kazuki-chan's the most beautiful among them having had the features of a girl..
Nah- dun't like Juubei in this one but with the recent chapters I'd go for SHIDO Grin!! <3 <3

What’s wrong with Juubei? He’s a great character to make fun of living his life solely for the sake of Kazuki. His loyalty is admirable, without ever bordering on obsession or stalker tendencies. His life is so tightly knit together with Kazuki’s that it would be just impossible to break them up. Really, there is no one for Kazuki and Juubei but Kazuki and Juubei. You can add Toshiki for smexy threesomes, but Kazukis heart wil always belong to Juubei and vice versa.
And Shido has Madoka! If anything, their relationship got over 50 chapters dedicated to them, further establishing how much they mean to eachother and just how far Shido would go to protect her.

himiko x ginji

Please tell me you’re joking.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 04:50:02 pm by Lovux The Great » Report Spam   Logged

The "S" in Get Backers...

... Means neither of us is alone!

~Click Here To Enter Lovux's Art Thread~
_KAzuki_

Friendship Counts

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2010, 07:51:30 pm »

What’s wrong with Juubei? He’s a great character to make fun of living his life solely for the sake of Kazuki. His loyalty is admirable, without ever bordering on obsession or stalker tendencies. His life is so tightly knit together with Kazuki’s that it would be just impossible to break them up. Really, there is no one for Kazuki and Juubei but Kazuki and Juubei. You can add Toshiki for smexy threesomes, but Kazukis heart wil always belong to Juubei and vice versa.
And Shido has Madoka! If anything, their relationship got over 50 chapters dedicated to them, further establishing how much they mean to eachother and just how far Shido would go to protect her.

Nothing's wrong with Juubei, indeed he has what it takes to stay beside Kazuki and yep I see it clearly too! It's also apparent that both of them are the most exposed lovers in GB! My only point is to partner Kazuki with the man next to him and that's Shidohh~ its base on the recent chapters only lol and created a little twinge of hope for BL on my abominable mind because Ginj and Ban aren't there, so don't bite meh! Cheesy It's illogical I know.. but admittedly I forgot about Juubei in this chapter -.-

On the side note: Nice done image <3
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 07:53:42 pm by animeaddict1068 » Report Spam   Logged

A-chan

Woo!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2010, 11:16:28 pm »

It’s also interesting to see how we all seem to share nearly the exact same stance on Ban/Ginji too. That we, despite our constant preaching that they are OTP 4EVAH, are open-minded enough to accept them as friends, and thus admitting that friendship is just as beautiful and powerful of a bond as love is. Awesome.

Yeah I loved that too about everyone! Everyone basically saying "yes they're my OTP 4EVER but part of me realizes that romance would change their friendship. And their friendship is just as important to me as their romance, sometimes even more important cuz if it weren't for the friendship then I wouldn't have anything to base my theories on in the first place." It's important enough at least that some shippers don't think it should have been made canon. They didn't need proof. They just knew, like breathing. Proof would have killed it.

[
himiko x ginji

Please tell me you’re joking.

You're so wrong. *AGREES FIRST, THEN DIES LAUGHING*
Report Spam   Logged
elis86

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2010, 08:57:49 pm »

my vote goes to...

ban and ginji

especially when gin ji kind of chew ban up... so cute
Report Spam   Logged
aikoaiko

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2010, 08:16:18 pm »

I'm a Yaoi fangirl here so I say Ginji/Ban, be it platonic or not, I believe these two share a deep bond/relationship. They have some kind of bond. I mean it seems like no matter where Ban is, he can tell when Ginji is in trouble. While its true in a sense that Ban can tell when Himiko is in trouble as well, but it seems to be due to her scent/perfume. Well I dont know how to explain it but these two definately have a deep connections and even in the non-yaoi world I believe that these two at the very least must love one another like siblings/friends. Is that weird?
Report Spam   Logged
Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2010, 10:02:53 am »

I'm a Yaoi fangirl here so I say Ginji/Ban, be it platonic or not, I believe these two share a deep bond/relationship. They have some kind of bond. I mean it seems like no matter where Ban is, he can tell when Ginji is in trouble. While its true in a sense that Ban can tell when Himiko is in trouble as well, but it seems to be due to her scent/perfume. Well I dont know how to explain it but these two definately have a deep connections and even in the non-yaoi world I believe that these two at the very least must love one another like siblings/friends. Is that weird?

Whoah, that thread is being flooded with intelligent Ban/Ginji shippers lately!

I like you. Grin You're not weird at all for liking them both as friends and lovers - their excellently well-written relationship is open for personal interpretation and works perfectly either way you're going.

And here I thought, some months ago when I made my first post in this thread (which also happened to be the first with a positive stance on the Ban/Ginji pairing), that I'd be the only one on the board to ship those two. Oooohhh boy, I'm SO GLAD I was wrong! Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

aikoaiko

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2010, 03:52:19 pm »

Whoah, that thread is being flooded with intelligent Ban/Ginji shippers lately!

I like you. Grin You're not weird at all for liking them both as friends and lovers - their excellently well-written relationship is open for personal interpretation and works perfectly either way you're going.

And here I thought, some months ago when I made my first post in this thread (which also happened to be the first with a positive stance on the Ban/Ginji pairing), that I'd be the only one on the board to ship those two. Oooohhh boy, I'm SO GLAD I was wrong! Cheesy

I think that anyone that watch/read this series can tell that these two have a strong bond. In terms of friendship, it evident that they are truly best friends having a relationship that is kind of like siblings (in a very loving family.) I mean, Ginji is always clinging to Ban and in some scene Ban would be draping an arm across Ginji which if talking platonic, is more of a familial relationship as most people (or at least in the west) consider to be rather "Gay."  For some reason people think guys shouldnt be hugging other guys.  does that make scene? Or maybe things have changed...Im still rather "old" lol

And I think that its because of this close relationship they have, what they feel towards one another is up to the fans to interpret as they are fictitious characters (of course in the creators mind they are most likely just best friends since this is a shounen series.) Where is that fine line that separates platonic and lovers. I mean some people are just more touchy-feely.  I love the relationship they have, whether it stays as platonic or goes in the direction of lovers. Something about their relationship seems really sweet and innocent to me. I'm not sure why. Like if they do end up as lover, I see them more like puppy love (so in terms of YAOI it would be more softcore then hardcore) In terms of hardcore YAOI, I kind of get the feeling that most people that support this pairing is semeBan ukeGinji fan...In my YAOI world however Ban is uke...>_> (hence I specifically wrote Ginji/Ban and not Ban/Ginji LOL) now I think I'm really into this relationship too much LoL
Report Spam   Logged
Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2010, 07:02:55 am »

I think that anyone that watch/read this series can tell that these two have a strong bond. In terms of friendship, it evident that they are truly best friends having a relationship that is kind of like siblings (in a very loving family.) I mean, Ginji is always clinging to Ban and in some scene Ban would be draping an arm across Ginji which if talking platonic, is more of a familial relationship as most people (or at least in the west) consider to be rather "Gay."  For some reason people think guys shouldnt be hugging other guys.  does that make scene? Or maybe things have changed...Im still rather "old" lol

And I think that its because of this close relationship they have, what they feel towards one another is up to the fans to interpret as they are fictitious characters (of course in the creators mind they are most likely just best friends since this is a shounen series.) Where is that fine line that separates platonic and lovers. I mean some people are just more touchy-feely.  I love the relationship they have, whether it stays as platonic or goes in the direction of lovers. Something about their relationship seems really sweet and innocent to me. I'm not sure why. Like if they do end up as lover, I see them more like puppy love (so in terms of YAOI it would be more softcore then hardcore)

I can't add anything to this discussion that I haven't repeated several times in this thread already, so I'll put it this way; I agree with you.

Except...

In terms of hardcore YAOI, I kind of get the feeling that most people that support this pairing is semeBan ukeGinji fan...In my YAOI world however Ban is uke...>_> (hence I specifically wrote Ginji/Ban and not Ban/Ginji LOL) now I think I'm really into this relationship too much LoL

Pfffft, seme/uke roles... No offense, but I think this whole deal about seme/uke roles is degrading and incredibly out-dated. Why should two complex characters be locked in a top/bottom order that can never be changed? Isn't that boring? Besides, I don't think neither of two headstrong guys like Ban and Ginji would be satisfied with always being the uke. "Hey! You've topped me for three days straight! Now it's YOUR turn to bend over!". Okay, now I'm the one thinking too much into their relationship, but I believe if they did hardcore yaoi, they'd be switchers. Grin Reversibility for the ultimate win!

And the reason I say Ban/Ginji instead of Ginji/Ban, it's just a habit thing, really. Plus, I think it rolls better on my tongue. Tongue I still promote reversibility, regardless of name order! Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Miru

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2010, 04:27:08 pm »

Here is also one BanxGinji fangirl  Grin I love to read fanfics with this pairing, they are so cute together <3 EmishixAmon, KazukiXJuubei are cute too~

And for some reason, I also like AkabanexGinji pairing XD Yes, I know it's weird, but I can't help myself ^^
Report Spam   Logged

aikoaiko

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2010, 08:52:14 pm »

Pfffft, seme/uke roles... No offense, but I think this whole deal about seme/uke roles is degrading and incredibly out-dated. Why should two complex characters be locked in a top/bottom order that can never be changed? Isn't that boring? Besides, I don't think neither of two headstrong guys like Ban and Ginji would be satisfied with always being the uke. "Hey! You've topped me for three days straight! Now it's YOUR turn to bend over!". Okay, now I'm the one thinking too much into their relationship, but I believe if they did hardcore yaoi, they'd be switchers. Grin Reversibility for the ultimate win!

LoL i know what you mean, I actually agree with that. When it comes to Yaoi, I really dont think there should be seme/uke because i cant image anyone wanting to be uke all the time (I wont say the same for seme since its only natural for all guys to want to top right?) but thats just how, what, 99% yaoi are like. You don't see much Reversible in yaoi and I actually prefer reversibility.  I guess what I mean to say is that I perfer Ban being bottom then top (and I kinda have a weird logic/reason for this but I wont go into it).  But to be honest, when it comes to these two, I actually prefer more of a softcore pairing (ie kissing, hugging.) Its sweeter i think...and more in tune with their actually relationship in the manga (kinda..haha dont know)
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: