News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
April 19, 2024, 04:24:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Favourite Pairings?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Favourite Pairings?  (Read 2123 times)
aikoaiko

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2010, 08:52:14 pm »

Pfffft, seme/uke roles... No offense, but I think this whole deal about seme/uke roles is degrading and incredibly out-dated. Why should two complex characters be locked in a top/bottom order that can never be changed? Isn't that boring? Besides, I don't think neither of two headstrong guys like Ban and Ginji would be satisfied with always being the uke. "Hey! You've topped me for three days straight! Now it's YOUR turn to bend over!". Okay, now I'm the one thinking too much into their relationship, but I believe if they did hardcore yaoi, they'd be switchers. Grin Reversibility for the ultimate win!

LoL i know what you mean, I actually agree with that. When it comes to Yaoi, I really dont think there should be seme/uke because i cant image anyone wanting to be uke all the time (I wont say the same for seme since its only natural for all guys to want to top right?) but thats just how, what, 99% yaoi are like. You don't see much Reversible in yaoi and I actually prefer reversibility.  I guess what I mean to say is that I perfer Ban being bottom then top (and I kinda have a weird logic/reason for this but I wont go into it).  But to be honest, when it comes to these two, I actually prefer more of a softcore pairing (ie kissing, hugging.) Its sweeter i think...and more in tune with their actually relationship in the manga (kinda..haha dont know)
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: