News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
April 16, 2024, 10:23:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Favourite Pairings?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Favourite Pairings?  (Read 2103 times)
aikoaiko

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2010, 03:52:19 pm »

Whoah, that thread is being flooded with intelligent Ban/Ginji shippers lately!

I like you. Grin You're not weird at all for liking them both as friends and lovers - their excellently well-written relationship is open for personal interpretation and works perfectly either way you're going.

And here I thought, some months ago when I made my first post in this thread (which also happened to be the first with a positive stance on the Ban/Ginji pairing), that I'd be the only one on the board to ship those two. Oooohhh boy, I'm SO GLAD I was wrong! Cheesy

I think that anyone that watch/read this series can tell that these two have a strong bond. In terms of friendship, it evident that they are truly best friends having a relationship that is kind of like siblings (in a very loving family.) I mean, Ginji is always clinging to Ban and in some scene Ban would be draping an arm across Ginji which if talking platonic, is more of a familial relationship as most people (or at least in the west) consider to be rather "Gay."  For some reason people think guys shouldnt be hugging other guys.  does that make scene? Or maybe things have changed...Im still rather "old" lol

And I think that its because of this close relationship they have, what they feel towards one another is up to the fans to interpret as they are fictitious characters (of course in the creators mind they are most likely just best friends since this is a shounen series.) Where is that fine line that separates platonic and lovers. I mean some people are just more touchy-feely.  I love the relationship they have, whether it stays as platonic or goes in the direction of lovers. Something about their relationship seems really sweet and innocent to me. I'm not sure why. Like if they do end up as lover, I see them more like puppy love (so in terms of YAOI it would be more softcore then hardcore) In terms of hardcore YAOI, I kind of get the feeling that most people that support this pairing is semeBan ukeGinji fan...In my YAOI world however Ban is uke...>_> (hence I specifically wrote Ginji/Ban and not Ban/Ginji LOL) now I think I'm really into this relationship too much LoL
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: