News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 29, 2024, 12:44:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

What was the latest anime you completed/watched?

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  
Author Topic: What was the latest anime you completed/watched?  (Read 2691 times)
Amamiya

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 23, 2011, 08:38:02 am »

I've just watched what I now know is a bootleg Thai version of Getbackers with hilarious translation! It was worth it for the alternative humour quality of this alone!
Report Spam   Logged
didop

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 25, 2011, 09:59:12 pm »

Just finished rewatching the original FMA anime, on my way to rewatching FMA brotherhood lmao Tongue

also,
Sekaiichi Hatsukoi
Kuragehime!
Tiger & Bunny. Awesome stuff~
Report Spam   Logged
LinuxWalker

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 30, 2011, 12:45:18 am »

Flame of Recca is one of the best Manga's I have ever watched
Groove Adventure Rave was good the Anime left you wanting more, don't watch without it breaking your heart!
Report Spam   Logged
neam

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 30, 2011, 01:32:38 am »

gundam

started with Mobile Suit Gundam (UC 0079) which aired 1979-1980

gave up after watching Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny (C.E.73) which aired 2004-2005

i dont care if they made anymore series or will make more ......

at first i liked it but these series is too repetitive .....

gundams r too powerful ....one suite can destroy hundreds of enemy suits.....they r always piloted by kids (well, G Gundams pilot was a bit older than the other heroes or other gundam series)........there will always be a enemy comander who hides his face with a mask and he actually doesnt bother with the army he belongs lol and another thing is there will always be haro or horo or what ever the name is ( that round bouncing little robot lol)

PS : i didnt ment any thing bad ...i know there r a lot of ppl who likes this series ...so i hope there wont be any hard feelings lol

PPS: sorry for bad english ...my english isnt that good Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Nobody move , I lost me brain.      <---Cap'n Jack
SaberXrideR

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 11, 2011, 12:30:27 am »

Death Note again XD
Report Spam   Logged
Amamiya

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 15, 2011, 06:02:29 am »

I just finished Master of Martial Hearts. It was a classic! It had everything; humour, violence, tongue in cheek smut, an absolute must for all!!!

Report Spam   Logged
SaberXrideR

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 27, 2011, 03:39:31 pm »

Casshern Sins  Shocked, i like a lot the action sequence  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
mightymangojuice

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 31, 2011, 08:27:14 pm »

Seriously watched, probably the Claymore anime.
I tried looking for Getbackers on youtube, but all I found were dubs which made me cringe.
Report Spam   Logged
SaberXrideR

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 12, 2011, 10:56:29 pm »

COBRA: The Animation im seeing classics remakes XD
Report Spam   Logged
fbunawan

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 19, 2011, 02:21:50 pm »

Hetalia World Series. Kinda a bit late to pick them up, but they are just too cute to resist~
Report Spam   Logged
jas

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 22, 2011, 04:08:20 pm »

I just finished Master of Martial Hearts. It was a classic! It had everything; humour, violence, tongue in cheek smut, an absolute must for all!!!

LOOOOOOL i applaud you for managing to sit through all that. *chucks molotov cocktails at the animation studio*

last completed anime... no. 6. it was all right except for DAT BONES ENDING.  Angry ah well. there are still the novels.
Report Spam   Logged
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 30, 2011, 06:43:41 pm »

Hakuouki (both seasons)
(the seasons are named Hakuouki Shinsengumi Kitan and Hakuouki Hekketsuroku respectively)

OH THANK GOD IT’S FINALLY OVER!!!! D8

Look, I tried really, really hard to like this series. I wanted to like it, no, love it, to fangirl it with all my heart and have something to look forward to every week when I was waiting for the next episode, but… in the end, I couldn’t. .....

It was boring.

My rating: 4/10

But no matter the rating, it still didn’t stop me from buying THIS…
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
… Which I don’t regret the slightest. Grin Admit it, girls, you’re jealous. Wink

Okay, somehow I missed this review, to which I should have replied ages ago.  I do call myself a fan of Hakuouki and I try to keep up on the news of any new things happening with it (such as the OVA series coming out these days) -- but what you say here is still true!  Even though I'm a fan, I actually must confess I haven't watched the last couple of episodes of the second season.  Once Okita was out of the picture, I guess I lost interest.   Wink  I'm waiting for his OVA to be subbed so I can watch that, and then maybe I won't bother with the others.  We'll see....

Even so, it definitely was stunning to watch, even if the heroine was annoying and they didn't do some things with the show that they could have.

I was sooooo tempted by the merchandise, though!  I think you are awesome to be the owner of two of the most drool-worthy pieces of Hakuouki merchandise in existence!!!  I am totally, totally jealous!   Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 30, 2011, 07:03:17 pm »

I just watched the unsubtitled raw for what is probably the last episode of one of my all-time favorite anime series -- Major.  Six seasons and one movie of awesome baseball drama has come to an end.  I'm going to eventually be sad about that -- but at the moment, I'm just enjoying how they managed to make the end as awesome as possible in just a few minutes.  I plan to review it here after seeing the last episode translated, but I felt I had to say something right away in this thread, appropriately about the "last anime you completed."

Well, I never did do a review of Major in this thread -- and just as well, because it's not over yet!  [insert loud and prolonged squeeing]   Cheesy Cheesy Since I wrote the above post, an OVA has came out that was supposedly the end, but now the news comes that there will be two more OVAs to finish off the parts of the manga that didn't get animated last year -- the World Series arc, to be exact.  I am stoked!

Perhaps I'll go ahead and review the series anyway and do the OVAs separately.  This is pretty much my favorite anime ever (though Getbackers still has an edge on it), and I want to let everyone know how awesome it is if you haven't watched it as yet.  Here's one of my favorite videos honoring Major to whet your appetite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZpgDhj9bsc&feature=fvwrel

Now I have to go rewatch the series.  Major marathon, here I come!
Report Spam   Logged

TheWindFish

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 02, 2011, 04:19:47 pm »

I haven't actually finished any anime in a couple months, so the last one I finished was Macross 7.

Going into it, I expected it to drag and bore me, but the main character was so ridiculously over the top that the series ended up being quite enjoyable.
Report Spam   Logged
mangaupdates

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 23, 2011, 01:52:54 am »

Just watched ponyo. It's so cute!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  

Jump to: