News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
April 19, 2024, 11:39:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

What was the latest anime you completed/watched?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: What was the latest anime you completed/watched?  (Read 2823 times)
Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« on: May 09, 2010, 04:22:23 pm »

Onegai Teacher
(also known as Please Teacher... yeah)

(I’m linking you to the opening because the song is FREAKIN’ AWESOME)

So today I decided to dig deep in my staple of anime DVDs and watch a show I saw a couple of times when I was in Junior High School and just had discovered “anime” and “manga” – which was roughly seven years ago. I had been thinking of re-watching it for some time now, and now that I finally did it... It was just as good as I remember.

This is not just nostalgia speaking. As far as romantic drama comedies goes, Onegai Teacher is without a doubt one of the best I have ever seen (together with its spinoff series Onegai Twins, which I now HAVE to re-watch as well!). It has likeable characters with human thoughts and realistic responses to the situations they are put in, but they still have that little “dumbness” that makes them good targets for comic relief. The humour itself is low-key, without being too hysterical or slapsticky. No chibis or enormous sweatdrops in sight whatsoever
Oh, and hearing Inoue Kikuko as one of the main leads is always a delight~ *loves her voice*

I must say I really like the character design in this series. It’s very colourful and cute without being too much moe. And for an Ecchi show, the girls have very subdued curves; I’d say they look natural. Sure, there are a few characters with… assets, but it’s nothing ridiculous. And the music! God, THAT was something I had forgotten about during all these years! Of course, I have always loved the opening (and a certain song that was used during the ending credits for the last episode), but the OST was superb as well. *must download*

I mentioned it was Ecchi, and sure, it’s not a show without its fanservice… But given its premise and opportunities, it’s surprisingly moderate and tasteful. It’s on a level that makes an Ecchi-fan satisfied over the amount there is, but is also perfectly tolerable for those who don’t like Ecchi.

Flaws? There are scenes here and there that are quite cheesy with its over-the-top drama. And the repeated name-calling (“Sensei! Sensei! Sensei! Sensei!” “Kei-kun! Kei-kun! Kei-kun! Kei-kun!”) gets annoying at times. Were the script-writers lazy or what? However, you might not notice it for the heart-wrenching drama.

Recommended for all those who loves romantic drama comedies!

My rating: 8/10.

So, off to watch Onegai Twins~ Stay tuned!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 01:20:56 am by Lovux The Great » Report Spam   Logged

The "S" in Get Backers...

... Means neither of us is alone!

~Click Here To Enter Lovux's Art Thread~

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: