News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 29, 2024, 10:27:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

GB manga questions

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: GB manga questions  (Read 971 times)
gamogamo

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2010, 09:11:11 am »

A few things been bothering me in the manga, can anyone answer these questions below thx i appreciate all your answers  Grin

1. After the kiryuudo arc, the get backers were called to infinity fortress where makubex set a game for them, but it end up a surprise for Emishi... My question is, did Anon really came back to life or was it just a virtual dream made by ban and Makubex?

2. In the inferno dome where Dr. Jackal defeated the monster of the beltline he says something like "the low cannot surpass the high" or something like that :p, aand even Kazuki wonder what he just said...What do you think he means by that statement??

3. What did Paul mean when he said that he and his former partner(ban's dad) have lost their time, even Teshimine has the same scar in his eye .

4.Do you think Paul is as powerfuul as ban's dad, whats your opinion? Smiley

1.) I think MakubeX explained that it's both Ban's evil eye, and the virtual reality, or something, to try to fool the god of infinity fortress.

2.) I would think that after everything that's been said and done (especially about what Paul said about Akabane), that Akabane is a citizen of Babylon City, and he left.

3.) The stigma in the eye is proof that one has crossed from the lower town into the beltline/babylon city.

4.) Paul just needs to get his old self back, when he still had the power and the stamina. that's just a theory of course.
Report Spam   Logged
jewon1994

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2010, 05:29:57 am »

1. i think it is ban's evil eye
2. it probably means you cannot mess with residents of babylon city
3. their time is up?
4. he was probably in the past, but not now
Report Spam   Logged
kndands

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2010, 10:35:11 am »

4.Do you think Paul is as powerfuul as ban's dad, whats your opinion? Smiley

i think it is just like ban and ginji
Report Spam   Logged
Groundhammer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2010, 12:34:58 pm »

Quick question:

Is Ban's mother going to be important later on? (No spoilers please, yes or no will suffice).
Report Spam   Logged
hairysl

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2010, 03:04:31 am »

ban's mother is impt always, tho i cant say how w/o spoilers Wink
Report Spam   Logged
george20

Sitting back to back and enjoying the view is fine

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2010, 07:57:04 pm »

The first question's answer is that amon was more than virtual reality but less than an actuality. something created by makubex's latest invention or discovery.
Report Spam   Logged

If there aren't the both of them, there just isn't the GETBACKERS!
george20

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2010, 08:00:47 pm »

the answer to the 2nd question is that jackal may have been a resident of babylon city who just upped and left the place and decided not to stay there anymore. that's why even paul mentions akabane has the power of a higher being.
Report Spam   Logged

george20

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2010, 09:40:18 pm »

I'm guessing that the answer to your third question is that those marked with stigma (as in those who entered the beltline or came up to heaven's door but did not join brain trust) had their memories of their time in the beltline wiped out and also probably the stigma brings out their negative feelings like it did for kazuki and it helps them bring out their full potential. (or at least, that's what I think! Grin)
Report Spam   Logged

george20

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2010, 09:45:03 pm »

and for the final question, I'm guessing Paul's and der Kaiser's strength levels are similar to Ginji and Ban's respectively. so der Kaiser may actually be a bit stronger than Paul but the difference is not that great!
Report Spam   Logged

Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2010, 12:37:02 pm »

and for the final question, I'm guessing Paul's and der Kaiser's strength levels are similar to Ginji and Ban's respectively. so der Kaiser may actually be a bit stronger than Paul but the difference is not that great!

Good observations and suggestions!  It would have been better to put it all in one reply, though, I'm thinking.  It looks too much like you are trying to get your post count up!   Wink

Welcome, by the way!  It's nice to see a new face here, and one who has interesting things to share about our favorite GB team!
Report Spam   Logged

hairysl

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2010, 08:56:57 am »

Quick question:

Is Ban's mother going to be important later on? (No spoilers please, yes or no will suffice).

Oh actually I just remembered, Ban's grandma is the one that's important, I don't think Ban's mother plays any significance, not that I remembered though
Report Spam   Logged
george20

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2010, 09:25:44 am »

Good observations and suggestions!  It would have been better to put it all in one reply, though, I'm thinking.  It looks too much like you are trying to get your post count up!   Wink

Welcome, by the way!  It's nice to see a new face here, and one who has interesting things to share about our favorite GB team!

Hehe.... had to reach my quota of fifteen at first and that seemed the fastest way...lol...and thank you for the pleasant welcome...I've read a lot of your posts too...you're pretty good...I hope we get to talk more GB soon... Grin
Report Spam   Logged

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2010, 11:20:38 am »

Who's Kurayame Tojite?
I found this character from wikipedia's List of GB characters.
It says he appeared in vol17 but I didn't see him.
I'm clueless of who he is though I have reached vol32 already.
I googled out his image but still can't recognise who he is.

Pls tell me when this Kurayame first appeared. And how come he's Ren's ex? Huh?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: