News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 28, 2024, 08:09:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

GB manga questions

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: GB manga questions  (Read 969 times)
ACS17

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2010, 08:33:26 pm »

A few things been bothering me in the manga, can anyone answer these questions below thx i appreciate all your answers  Grin

1. After the kiryuudo arc, the get backers were called to infinity fortress where makubex set a game for them, but it end up a surprise for Emishi... My question is, did Anon really came back to life or was it just a virtual dream made by ban and Makubex?

2. In the inferno dome where Dr. Jackal defeated the monster of the beltline he says something like "the low cannot surpass the high" or something like that :p, aand even Kazuki wonder what he just said...What do you think he means by that statement??

3. What did Paul mean when he said that he and his former partner(ban's dad) have lost their time, even Teshimine has the same scar in his eye .

4.Do you think Paul is as powerfuul as ban's dad, whats your opinion? Smiley

« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 08:40:55 pm by ACS17 » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 09:46:13 pm »

I'm probably not really going to be of much help here... but here goes!

1.  I believe that Amon returning was a virtual dream created in order to give Emishi some closure after the death of his friend.  However, there is always that bit of uncertainty about is it real, or isn't it? with the virtual world created by Makubex in the Infinity Fortress, isn't there?

2.  Dr. Jackal is good at saying mysterious things, and while I don't really know what he meant by that, I'm sure it is significant.  I took it to mean at the time that those who are on a higher level of power cannot be defeated by mere minions, even really strong ones.  Which seems obvious, but probably isn't, knowing Dr. Jackal!

3.  I don't think I can talk about this, because I can't remember how much has been revealed already, and I know where this is going to a certain extent -- having seen the raws of the upcoming chapter.  We'll be finding out soon enough in the coming chapters!

4.  Same as above.   Wink
Report Spam   Logged

ACS17

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 06:21:59 am »

I'm probably not really going to be of much help here... but here goes!

Thanks for the answers it really helps a lot...I can't wait on whats going to happens next at Infinity fortress Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Shisui
Translator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 09:26:52 am »

2. In the inferno dome where Dr. Jackal defeated the monster of the beltline he says something like "the low cannot surpass the high" or something like that :p, aand even Kazuki wonder what he just said...What do you think he means by that statement??

The literal trans of the line is:

Those 'below' cannot defeat those 'above.'

Der Kaiser uses that same word "above" (ue - above/top/over) in ominous scare-quotes when he speaks of Kagami as a "resident of the 'Summit'" (ue no juunin), i.e. Babylon City. My guess is Akabane is using the word in the same way. So maybe he's a resident of Babylon City like Kagami.
Report Spam   Logged
ACS17

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 02:37:07 am »

The literal trans of the line is:

Those 'below' cannot defeat those 'above.'

Der Kaiser uses that same word "above" (ue - above/top/over) in ominous scare-quotes when he speaks of Kagami as a "resident of the 'Summit'" (ue no juunin), i.e. Babylon City. My guess is Akabane is using the word in the same way. So maybe he's a resident of Babylon City like Kagami.

Yeah man that was also what I have been thinking!!! Thats why I post that question to know if someone has the same opinion as mine, and also thats why I can't wait for the upcoming chapters...thx for the answer
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 02:40:00 am by ACS17 » Report Spam   Logged
EagleFox

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 08:52:48 am »

I guess they are equals like akabane and ban
Report Spam   Logged
darkido

Peace<:

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 05:34:15 pm »

2.  Dr. Jackal is good at saying mysterious things, and while I don't really know what he meant by that, I'm sure it is significant.  I took it to mean at the time that those who are on a higher level of power cannot be defeated by mere minions, even really strong ones.  Which seems obvious, but probably isn't, knowing Dr. Jackal!

I agree with this. It seems that IF works by a certain kind of logic whereby if conscious of it, one can manipulate it to win fights and break out of the situations it puts the person in. Just like how Ban took down 'Help'. Simplicity is the answer afterall:D
Report Spam   Logged
DarkLynx

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 10:08:28 am »

I have a question regarding Ban Midous Evil Eye-
Can the evil eye be reflected on Ban himself?
Can the power of the stigma be used outside IF?
Is only IF the virtual world or everything shown in the manga comprises the virtual world?
Report Spam   Logged
gaminguy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 07:20:55 am »

I think he is immune to his own power.
Report Spam   Logged
kurodo
Raw Provider

~ Pic spammer ~

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 01:25:01 pm »

argh so many questions and i know answers but i don't wanna spoil you guys ;__;
so don't worry...you get those answers when you continue for reading manga Wink
Report Spam   Logged

ACS17

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2010, 01:42:49 am »

Is only IF the virtual world or everything shown in the manga comprises the virtual world?

Yes it can reflect to ban, see the episode where ginji was hospitalized...ban and shido accepted a job where they have to get back the letter of the young nurses on the head nurse, of course they both dont get along and when ban will use the evil eye, Shido reflected it with the mirror so he can't use it lol...Then h started rolling on the floor convincing himslf that he was dreaming.... As for the other questions Im not sure Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Logan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2010, 05:20:37 am »

Yes it can reflect to ban, see the episode where ginji was hospitalized...ban and shido accepted a job where they have to get back the letter of the young nurses on the head nurse, of course they both dont get along and when ban will use the evil eye, Shido reflected it with the mirror so he can't use it lol...Then h started rolling on the floor convincing himslf that he was dreaming.... As for the other questions Im not sure Tongue
im really dont remember this episode..... are you sure its not in the anime?

To give my answer of the 4 questions, here it is....

1 > It is the plan of makubex: double hit: emishi goes well and he screw babylon city by using the virtual reality. and to keep the secret with all the people witch leave insite the IF, ban comes and everybody can think this is ban's evi eyes.

2> nothing to add from ths answer that we already know since the ten first book i think that akabane is from babylon city.

3> not even a little idea XD

4>pore was as powerful as ban's dad, but now ban's dad is waaaay more powerfull.

One question for me... can you make me a little resume oabout the stigma? dont understant really what this is... and another question ban have the stigma? and pore?
Report Spam   Logged

ACS17

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2010, 01:45:24 am »

im really dont remember this episode..... are you sure its not in the anime?

One question for me... can you make me a little resume oabout the stigma? dont understant really what this is... and another question ban have the stigma? and pore?

It's in the anime episode 39... Shido reflects ban's evil eye with a mirror

All I know for now, that the people who already gone to babylon city has the stigma...and can increase the speed of the one who wields it....Ban don't have the stigma but Pore and his father does.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 01:50:08 am by ACS17 » Report Spam   Logged
Logan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2010, 03:41:10 am »

thanks for the answer
So in a first time, i dont think we can trust the anime for the power of the evil eyes. and in second, why kazuki have the stigma? he just go in the belt line and get his ass kicked
Report Spam   Logged

banmido

I dont miss much

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2010, 09:13:18 am »

I guess they are equals like akabane and ban

Nope, at least I think therz no contest between the two.. Paul got outta the circuit, so he must hav lost a lot of skill coz of the time spent away from Infinity, I think they were equals once.. And Paul got a lot more up his sleeve besides experience, like using the stigma thing..
Report Spam   Logged

Go fish with your pin cushion, SPOOL BOY!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: