News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
April 19, 2024, 01:04:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Getbackers Parody..

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Getbackers Parody..  (Read 411 times)
Midou

View Profile
« on: May 04, 2010, 12:23:10 pm »

I made this long ago during spare time using Windows Movie maker of all softwares. There was little similarity so I used some imagination. I hope it's entertaining- http://rapidshare.com/files/383491210/u2_chunk_1.wmv.html

-

This one is a professional one made my someone for an AMV/parody contest I think. He used Adobe premier pro. And also high quality DVD clips. His objective was to take clips which are similar between the Getbackers Episodes and the original trailer. There is a video which compares them both but I couldn't find it- http://rapidshare.com/files/383512756/parody.mp4.html
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 12:54:20 pm by Midou » Report Spam   Logged

Getbackers FAQ & Download: http://anime.forumlivre.com/?showtopic=2

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 03:21:43 pm »

Hey, I recognized your video! I saw it on YouTube not too long ago! Though it was labeled as "Get Backers Animax Trailer" or something along those lines, with not mention of it being a parody, so when I heard the Star Wars sound, I thought it had had its sound swapped because of copyright infragments... or that it was a YouTube poop. XD Nonetheless, it was still well-edited video. The clips went well with the sound and "atmosphere". I had a good LOL moment when Akabane wielded his lightsaber.... XD XD XD I'd like to see more GB parodies of yours!

But that professional one you linked to.... HOLY CRAP. That.... was.... MAJESTIC! I mean, not only how the clips were synced to the sound, but also how fitting it is with this whole "Virtual Reality" theme that goes on in both Get Backers and The Matrix. Pure genius! *must SO fave this if I ever find it on YouTube* And the "Let me out of here" line, mixed with Ginji's sparkling tears.... Oh god. Comedy gold!
Report Spam   Logged

The "S" in Get Backers...

... Means neither of us is alone!

~Click Here To Enter Lovux's Art Thread~
Midou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 09:39:51 am »

Thanks Lovux. cool.. you saw it while it was on youtube. Smiley And I remember now... I labeled it like that for some time.. good memory Lovux! Wink But that account got suspended after ADV repeatedly claimed rights to that video.
a good LOL moment when Akabane wielded his lightsaber.... XD XD XD
hehe..yeah. Also by comments in youtube, People liked the way I brought out jackal and gave Shido the role of Chewy.  Grin

I found the other video on some website meant for professional AMV guys to show off their stuff. I instantly fell in love with the GB matrix video when I saw it.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 09:42:07 am by Midou » Report Spam   Logged

Getbackers FAQ & Download: http://anime.forumlivre.com/?showtopic=2
juan32

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 08:15:20 pm »

Thanks, downloading.

The first is down
Report Spam   Logged
sake_chan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 11:56:23 pm »

Saw this on Youtube way back and totally loved it! Had no idea its owner was floating around here! Wink  Awesome with the Star Wars theme and all; it completely brought out the inner sci-fi nerd in me. Wink

Hope we can see more of your work in the future! Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
lady_poison

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 03:21:42 pm »

This AMV made my day! Awesome job. Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
thebiggz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 02:32:13 pm »

Very well done
Report Spam   Logged