News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
April 18, 2024, 10:50:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Hi ^^

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi ^^  (Read 355 times)
Arkanta

View Profile WWW
« on: April 29, 2010, 03:30:43 pm »

Hi everyone ^^
I didn't plan to introduce myself at the start, I thinked to stay quiet and only download GBs chapters... because I don't like very much forums and english isn't my first language (too tiring translate >>). But now there is also a new manga (I'm too excited about Oniwaka *__*) and if I need to post something, I think proper at least present myself u.u''

Then I'm Arkanta Smiley I'm a girl from Italy ^^ (please, say me if you don't understand what I write -.-'). I found by chance some get Backers images about two years ago... they intrigued me so I search for manga scans... and I fallen in love =o=
I usually read manga yaoi/shounen-ai, but I like shounen too ** I also like made some web graphics works (when university don't suck my time è.é) but I'm not so good XD
Uhm.. what else? **; boh XD

Nice to meet you ^^
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 04:22:41 pm »

Hi everyone ^^
I didn't plan to introduce myself at the start, I thinked to stay quiet and only download GBs chapters... because I don't like very much forums and english isn't my first language (too tiring translate >>). But now there is also a new manga (I'm too excited about Oniwaka *__*) and if I need to post something, I think proper at least present myself u.u''

Then I'm Arkanta Smiley I'm a girl from Italy ^^ (please, say me if you don't understand what I write -.-'). I found by chance some get Backers images about two years ago... they intrigued me so I search for manga scans... and I fallen in love =o=
I usually read manga yaoi/shounen-ai, but I like shounen too ** I also like made some web graphics works (when university don't suck my time è.é) but I'm not so good XD
Uhm.. what else? **; boh XD

Nice to meet you ^^

Welcome to the forum Arkanta. Dont worry about your english, I can understand you fine. The truth is that many if not most of our members don't speak english as a first language. Even our editor doesn't speak english as a first language, and she has the most posts on the forum lol.

We actually aren't going to be scanning Oniwaka to Ushiwaka, since its likely that another group will pick it up due to it being a new series. Because of this we decided to scanlate Holy Talker which is another work from the artist of getbackers.

However, if we can get another translator and editor I would like to start Oniwaka to Ushiwaka as well.

Report Spam   Logged

Arkanta

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 05:39:27 pm »

I can understand you fine.
That confort me *//*

Even our editor doesn't speak english as a first language, and she has the most posts on the forum lol.
Really? She must be amazing *_* I'm an editor too for a italian scanlation site, but I don't think I will never consider to editing for a foreign group... my english (or French) aren't so good >> *must study hard*

We actually aren't going to be scanning Oniwaka to Ushiwaka, since its likely that another group will pick it up due to it being a new series. Because of this we decided to scanlate Holy Talker which is another work from the artist of getbackers.
But we can comment no? Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 05:59:48 pm »

I can understand you fine.
That confort me *//*

Not really. It may be harder if we were actually speaking to eachother. But I can understand what you are saying through your typing just fine.

Really? She must be amazing *_* I'm an editor too for a italian scanlation site, but I don't think I will never consider to editing for a foreign group... my english (or French) aren't so good >> *must study hard*[

Atleast you can speak other languages at all. I can't speak anything other then english.

But we can comment no? Tongue
Of course. Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 07:00:39 pm »

Hello and welcome!  It's lovely to have you here -- I'm glad you decided to introduce yourself.  You are doing a great job of making yourself understood in English, so don't worry about that one single bit!   Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Arkanta

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 04:58:26 am »

It may be harder if we were actually speaking to eachother.
Right XD In that case I probably will not able to open my mouth ^^;;

Hello and welcome!
Thank you very much ^_^
Report Spam   Logged

somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 07:14:01 pm »

I am glad that finally introduce yourself! I wanted to know who was talking to!  Grin I never really notice that you weren't native English Speaker! I am native English speaker and let say...my English needs a lot of work! Anyway, it is finally a pleasure to meet you!
Report Spam   Logged
kurodo
Raw Provider

~ Pic spammer ~

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 03:19:08 am »

yay, people from Italy. I've been in Rome twice! i love that city (and country) <3
SO nice to meet you Arkanta. Enjoy for being here and be active and stuff Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Arkanta

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 04:23:57 am »

Anyway, it is finally a pleasure to meet you!
My pleasure ^^ Nice to meet you ^__^

I've been in Rome twice! i love that city (and country) <3
You've been in Rome more than me XD I've been there only one time XD I must return someday, there is so much to see **

SO nice to meet you Arkanta. Enjoy for being here and be active and stuff
Nice to meet you too ^^ I will tray my best  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Hellsing365

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2010, 07:54:27 pm »

Hello and belated welcome to the form Cheesy
I'm afraid to introduce myself
Report Spam   Logged
Arkanta

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2010, 03:43:02 am »

Thank you Hellsing ^__^

If I found the courage, you can too *__*
*grabs Hellsing*
Report Spam   Logged

Hellsing365

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2010, 10:34:11 am »

Thank you Hellsing ^__^

If I found the courage, you can too *__*
*grabs Hellsing*

*Grabbed*
NUUUUU  I can't even remember when I became a fan of GB... i have pictures of it saved from when I was 13 X_X; (granted I had no idea what it was back then...)
Report Spam   Logged
bigdadyb

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2010, 12:11:09 pm »

Welcome to the forum Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Arkanta

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2010, 01:20:13 pm »

Thank you  ^__^
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]