News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 28, 2024, 04:40:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Games you wanna recommend to your friends etc.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Games you wanna recommend to your friends etc.  (Read 1118 times)
Dist

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2011, 01:59:06 am »

Fatal frame uOu
Report Spam   Logged
no2fakeshakes

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2011, 04:30:51 am »

recitear, a tale of a shop owner. 
Report Spam   Logged
brandonbrandon

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2011, 09:01:59 am »

League of legends Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
Amamiya

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2011, 08:35:33 am »

I never, and I mean never get tired of Left 4 Dead 1 & 2. I have played both back to back so many times. Offline
co-op mode is fantastic, but it's a gory, zombie killer game with weapons galore so not  for everyone .
Report Spam   Logged
aeyo

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2011, 11:02:39 pm »

Anyone who's a fan of anime and has a Wii needs to get Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon. It's a ridiculously beautiful game, both in terms of strong atmosphere and a somehow tragic but hopeful story. But it's also a bit melancholic; I could only play through it once, because the entire game is just so emotional. The American production team, Xseed, also did a fantastic job with the voiceovers. I honestly can't think of anything bad to say about this game. But I feel like it'd be right up the alley of a casual gamer who likes anime.

On to less detailed and sappy descriptions:

-On the DS, I'd recommend the Etrian Odyssey series. They're tons of fun, but they might be off-putting to casual gamers - the earliest levels are the hardest. To fans of strategy or adventure games, though, it'd be awesome.

-On the PC, I can only think of Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. It's old, and it's glitchy, but the voice acting is great, the graphics are good for its time, and there are still fans creating independent patches for it. The gameplay isn't perfect, but the whole thing is still a ton of fun. This one has a darker, more adult feel than most games, though. It's not the sort of game everyone will like, but fans of supernatural/gothic/punk-type things will have a blast.

Mm, other than that, casual gamers should try the Harvest Moon or Rune Factory series. Both have heavy anime influences, and (for the most part) won't lead to any rage-quitting.

But seriously, check out Fragile Dreams. It's so...so...lovely. Lips Sealed

....I feel like I've just taken this all way too seriously...
Report Spam   Logged
rohan16

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2011, 07:12:15 am »

guys u wudn happen to know where i can get the latest WORMS game...
Report Spam   Logged
akiwitail

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2011, 11:08:06 am »

Vindictus is pretty neat
Report Spam   Logged
aeyo

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2011, 12:03:33 am »

Vindictus is pretty neat

You play too? What server? If you're on East, add me! IGNs are Morag and Ailios.
Report Spam   Logged
Endrance

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2011, 11:14:31 pm »

I highly recommend the ".hack//G.U." games. They are 3 volumes, all three are awesome, with awesome story. It was released for PS2, but still it is a great game.
Report Spam   Logged
rohan16

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2011, 09:37:38 pm »

Marvel Vs Capcom 3... They should get Ginji n Ban as characters though...
Report Spam   Logged
Voi

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2011, 09:38:20 pm »

PS2:
-Wild Arms 3
The cell-shading may bother some (though it's grown on me) but this game is very well put together. The story is cohesive, the gameplay solid (though nothing novel) and the characters interesting. Best of all, the characters get a lot of development throughout the game. With two EX File Keys one can start a new game at the level they finished their previous game at, too.

-Persona 3
Any version of this game (P3, P3:FES or P3P) is good, but I liked the cutscenes that the PS2 verson has (although Heroine gets the better social links in my opinion). It's part dating/friend sim, part dungeon crawler and part RPG. Another game that lets you new game plus with your current level. I've clocked well over 200 hours and am currently doing an asshole run.

-Drakengard
I was warned against this game and while the gameplay is repetitive and amounts to KILL. EVERYTHING. I'm kind of okay with that because I think the story and characters are interesting. Also, I like the voices and theme song ("Growing Wings". Youtube it).

PC:
-Amnesia: The Dark Descent
I didn't think I'd like a survival horror game you don't fight in but holy crap this game is awesome. I wish I had surround sound.

DS:
-Trace Memory
Ashley (the main characters) is both believable as a 15ish year old and possibly one of the few I actually like. You solve puzzles to progress to solve the mystery of Edward Island. It's a pretty short game but the ride was fun. I think they made a sequel on the Wii for Europe only...

« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 10:33:05 am by Voi » Report Spam   Logged
shykage

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2011, 08:24:26 am »

PC

Counterstrike 1.6 and League of Legends
Report Spam   Logged
phowguy

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2011, 05:01:12 pm »

Dungeon keeper, baldurs gate, final fantasy 7 and civilization (the old ones)
Report Spam   Logged
TheWindFish

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2011, 04:08:29 pm »

I highly recommend VVVVVV - it's like IWBTG, but fair and much easier to learn.
Report Spam   Logged
eightreeds

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2011, 09:42:07 pm »

Reccomending:

For PC: The Command and Conquer series, especially Tiberian Wars (forget C&C 4 though), and Red Alert 3 (pure unadulterated cracky, campy fun)

For PS: The Atelier Iris/Atelier Arland series. Victory by alchemy!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: