News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
April 18, 2024, 09:54:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Games you wanna recommend to your friends etc.

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Games you wanna recommend to your friends etc.  (Read 1165 times)
samuel

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2010, 01:20:01 pm »

so i was wondering what game to get next, and i'm sure many have the same problem as me. so here you can recommend games that you'd think this forum would like=)
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 01:27:35 pm »

Are you thinking of any specific platform here?  I play games exclusively on my PC, since that's all I have -- though I could probably convince my son to let me use his PS2/Xbox if the game sounds good enough.

Anyway, I'll be watching this thread for suggestion for myself, too!

I've heard that Fallout 3 is a pretty good game for the PC.  I'm still working on Oblivion, which I think is a really good game.  I never quite get anywhere with it because I keep wanting to start over and fine tune my character!   Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Kickthekitty

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 04:31:37 pm »

The Suffering

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Suffering_%28video_game%29

This game is great. Strong story. Graphics are bit old but level design is simply amazing.
And it was also released as freeware (for windows) by USAF, so you can download and play it for free with good conscience.

There's also some talk that The Suffering II were freeware too but that's bull****. Anyway, sequal isn't really worth playing. While graphics are better, it tries too hard and it's story isn't original.

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Cthulhu:_Dark_Corners_of_the_Earth

Whatever you do, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. Because non cracked version simply won't work. Headfirst Productions (game's developer) bankrupted before finishing it and Bethesda thought it would be a good idea to send bugged beta version to shops.
You wanna play? Then you have to use cracked version. Download all the patches, trainers and walkthrought you can find. 'cause you will need them.
So why play it at all? Hey! Because this game is great! The story! Characters! Enviroment! Music! Voice acting! Voice acting particularly. Make sure you shearch every item to hear Jack's comments.
Report Spam   Logged

Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 06:56:12 pm »

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Cthulhu:_Dark_Corners_of_the_Earth

Whatever you do, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. Because non cracked version simply won't work. Headfirst Productions (game's developer) bankrupted before finishing it and Bethesda thought it would be a good idea to send bugged beta version to shops.
You wanna play? Then you have to use cracked version. Download all the patches, trainers and walkthrought you can find. 'cause you will need them.
So why play it at all? Hey! Because this game is great! The story! Characters! Enviroment! Music! Voice acting! Voice acting particularly. Make sure you shearch every item to hear Jack's comments.

Woah!!  That one is based on one of my all-time most remembered stories by Lovecraft!  I might have to try this one, though I wonder if it might freak me out too much.  I know the story did!  Ah, well, that's what games are for, right?   Wink

Thanks for the heads up on this one!
Report Spam   Logged

Kickthekitty

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 05:55:42 am »

Yeah. It's get some incredible scenes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_feflipXA4s

(Has spoilers. Start at 3.00 and stop at 6.35 )
Report Spam   Logged

xphia

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 07:05:26 am »

Im really looking forward to Red Dead Redemption on the PS3... interesting western style of game.
Report Spam   Logged
samuel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 11:14:14 am »

call of the cthulcu looks really interesting. lol and i just realised i havent even recommended a game myself.

I thought Shadow of the Colossus was one of the best games of all time, storyline and graphics-wise. Yeah it's a bit old but still a great game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_of_the_Colossus
knock yourself out

Oh and does anyone recommend FF13 and bayonetta? cause i'm getting really mixed reviews on both

Thanks
Report Spam   Logged
crystal_mimi

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 05:20:59 am »

I like the "tales of.... " RPG series (Like Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Phantasia, Tales of Vesparia) . They have nice anime style cute characters and mostly nice stories.

I also recomend the final fantasy series bt everyone knows about those...
Report Spam   Logged
Trafalgar Law

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 10:35:31 am »

If there is a game I really want to recommend to friends. Well we get Starcraft II for some obvious reasons.

First because the beta is really awesome.

Second than I have more friends with whom I can play against.
Report Spam   Logged
shykage

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 06:16:24 pm »

For PC Gamers

I'd recommend Counter-Strike since it is arguably the most successful FPS game ever. World of Warcraft for the MMO people and StarCraft 2 (when it comes out) for the RTSers.

Another personal favorite game of mine is a game called Natural Selection. It is a mod for Half-Life one and in a nutshell it is like a FPS version of Starcraft. The game is really unique but the only downside is it has a very steep learning curve.
Report Spam   Logged
Kickthekitty

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2010, 07:57:21 pm »

The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay was one of the best fps I have played through (windows version).

So presumably The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena should be even better simply since it includes remake of Butcher Bay. (I haven't yet played Dark Athena myself though.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_on_Dark_Athena

Hmm. If we are including games that haven't yet been released then Black Mesa Source will by no doupt be best game ever.
http://www.blackmesasource.com/

Also...  Slave Maker 3 (freeware) was released two weeks ago! Perverts rejoice.
This series made me uninstall my other hentai games as unneeded.
http://slavemaker3.blogspot.com
Report Spam   Logged

samuel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2010, 01:15:50 pm »

For PC Gamers

I'd recommend Counter-Strike since it is arguably the most successful FPS game ever. World of Warcraft for the MMO people and StarCraft 2 (when it comes out) for the RTSers.

Another personal favorite game of mine is a game called Natural Selection. It is a mod for Half-Life one and in a nutshell it is like a FPS version of Starcraft. The game is really unique but the only downside is it has a very steep learning curve.
totally agree with you about counter strike, though its a little old.
Report Spam   Logged
haiyate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2010, 05:30:06 pm »

I like puzzle games, I'd recommend the Professor Layton series for the DS.
Report Spam   Logged
invisiman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2010, 06:48:20 pm »

Little King's Story or Zack and Wiki, two little known titles that are just awesome, awesome games.
Report Spam   Logged
arronax

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2010, 07:01:03 pm »

I'd recommend WOW, itīs really fun.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: