News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 29, 2024, 09:25:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The GB Q & A Corner.. & FAQ

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: The GB Q & A Corner.. & FAQ  (Read 4336 times)
Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2010, 06:11:16 pm »

I gave you two karma points for this thread.

I... damn, I can't even begin to imagine what time and thoughts you must have put into compiling this! I have a hard time wrapping my head around what exactly is going on in Infinity Fortress, but this F.A.Q. certainly helped me sort things out. It also provides good technical information about the series itself, such as pointing out the differences between the TV version of the anime and the DVD version - in fact, this is what finally convinced me to do what I should have done a long time ago; to buy the DVD collection. You use good formulations and explain the answers with good English to make it understandable even for us who don't know English very well. Just... wow.

SUPERB WORK!!

5# I heard that Ginji is Taller than Ban. Is that true?

Yup, believe it. It's true.

And yet tons of doujin-kas and fanartists insist on drawing Ginji as some short, annoying, whimpy, oh-so-rapeable little uke boy.... Argh. I fucking hate that.

Rando Ayamine responded positively to the idea of Kazuki and Juubei being gay when the Getbackers manga was close to completion. (...) Rando Ayamine asked Yuya Aoki (...) to make Kazuki and Jubei a Gay couple when the manga ends.

Ayamine Rando, CONFIRMED YAOI FANBOY!!!! Shocked Just draw your own yaoi manga already, dude! .... I'd pay to read it......

Also, I watched the Animax dub clips you provided, as well as a couple of entire episodes. My opinion?
Well....
While I whole-heartedly agree that the script is ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC and the scripwriter deserves all kinds of praise and credits for his efforts that he can get... The same thing can't be said about the voice cast. Sure, I'm used to the Japanese cast so hearing my beloved retrieval agents and their friends and enemies speak with different voices will naturally sound uncomfortable to me, but... but... the Animax voices were awful. I'm not going to hold it against you for thinking that the persona main trio was beautifully captured in this dub, but to me, it couldn't be worse.
First of all, the voices were just. Too. Damn. Deep. You say that they sound badass. I think they sound like old men twice as old as the supposed ages of the characters. I mean seriously, what happened to Ginji's innocent goofyness? And why's Ban not sneaky like a serpent? Where's Akabane's bloodthirst? And why do they sound so SIMILAR? If it wasn't for the screen, I could NEVER tell which character was talking. This wouldn't be half bad if they at least could make up for it with their acting but... They don't. It's stiff and whenever they raise their voices, it just sounds awkward. Bleh.
Just so you know; yes, I have watched episodes with the ADV dub as well, and it wasn't particularily good either. The main problem with that dub was that all characters sounded exactly the same, though instead of sounding deep, they were just.... neutral and forgettable. Perhaps even "soft" as you said. But at least it doesn't hurt my ears, unlike another dub...

.... Not that I'm stating it as if it was a scientic fact, just that this was MY view on the whole thing. Wink Love and Peace!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 04:47:42 am by Lovux The Great » Report Spam   Logged

The "S" in Get Backers...

... Means neither of us is alone!

~Click Here To Enter Lovux's Art Thread~

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: