News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
April 20, 2024, 04:13:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The GB Q & A Corner.. & FAQ

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: The GB Q & A Corner.. & FAQ  (Read 4349 times)
Midou

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2010, 12:40:47 am »

Come to think of it, I think I saw this at the forum linked in your signature -- but I happened upon a good year ago or more.  It's nice to know it was your work and to be able to thank you for that link that I have had saved in my favorites since I happened upon it!
wow.. thanks Lin! Smiley I was always wondering whether people were reading that, I'm extremely glad to know they were. I'm happy all that effort was worth it.

in particular, it was this information that made me realize that Ban had used the Evil Eye on Ginji in Episode 2 of the anime.
Yeah.
I missed it the first time. I only noticed it while watching GB the second time.

Wow! Thank you! I can't believe how much information you gathered! I learn so much today! Even some I would never even would think of! This one is interact and deep story!  Thank you for sharing with us...now, I just digest all the information.
Extremely glad you liked it, somehow_here. Smiley

I never actually bothered with license DVD version...since I watched the TV version long time ago!  Wow, talk about the difference in quailty and different translation of DVD release...I would never realized how different the publisher would make!
Yeah.. the DVD has some really good Animation. And yes, there are differences in translation. What's more is, there is another English dub which was dubbed by Sony called Animax dub. It isn't included in the DVD. It was aired by the Animax channel. As I mentioned it before in another topic, it was this Dub which made me a GB fan. They removed the soft voices and insipid dialogues and made it a hard core shounen. It captures the persona of 3 lead characters beautifully in a hard core set up. An example: http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/anime/watch/v15627761q9HMmW3k Although people who have watched the subtitled version first may find it hard to accept a virile voice.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 12:43:19 am by Midou » Report Spam   Logged

Getbackers FAQ & Download: http://anime.forumlivre.com/?showtopic=2

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: