News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 28, 2024, 09:13:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

I'm here too!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm here too!  (Read 563 times)
Suiki

Er...Hello?!

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2010, 05:16:50 am »

You can call me Suiki.

I'm spanish and since in my country GB is not licensed, I arrived the old forum looking for an english version I could understand better than japanese one. My english sucks, but i'm a lot better understanding than writing.  Grin

I'm studying japanese too! But only starting.

Who says that reading manga is a waste of time? I'm learning a lot about foreign languages.  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Nice signature in progress!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 07:07:04 am »

Nice to meet you! It is sad that you can't find GB scans in Spanish. but I am happy that you decide to join us. It is OK if your English is not that good! I suck at English, too! And it is my native language! As for learning Japanese, wow! I tried to learn the language, but quit due to difficulty of having too many different letters...hopefully you learn enough of it to read the scans in their native language.
Report Spam   Logged
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 08:43:51 am »

Hello!

It's been nice having GB licensed in the US, but that stopped just as the story was getting really interesting -- so I'm here for much the same reasons as you, to find more GB in English!  I am really thinking about learning Japanese -- I have a bit of a knack for learning foreign languages, and after listening to Japanese in subbed anime for a couple of years, I think I'm actually beginning to understand a bit!  Learning the reading of it, however, might be a bit much.   Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 09:04:17 am »

Hello! Nice to meet you! I think I missed your introduction over at the old forum.

Like you, we don't have Get Backers in my country either, if we don't count the US imports. Sucks that no more volumes won't be released; Get Backers is one of the few manga I'm actually collecting (like, "physically", with the actual volumes in my book shelf), and I don't like having an incomplete collection.  Sad
Don't worry about the English stuff, I'm obviously not a native speaker either. I still make many basic errors myself and always need to check my posts twice just to make sure I didn't screw up on some grammar.
Report Spam   Logged

The "S" in Get Backers...

... Means neither of us is alone!

~Click Here To Enter Lovux's Art Thread~
Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 11:31:29 am »

Welcome to the new forum suiki, Try and post as often as you did on the last forum. And I think that I'm one of the few native English speakers on this forum lol.
Report Spam   Logged

highway61ie
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 01:12:42 pm »

welcome =^_^=
to be fully honest unless you said it i would have never guessed you werent fluent in english :L
have fun on the forums and post as much as possible  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Naz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 01:14:54 pm »

Yeah... truth be told you're better than a lot of people I know whos first language is english Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Click please ^^

ah abusing tom is one of my few pleasures in life  Cheesy
Rodlyn
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 01:20:37 pm »

Yeah i agree with highway and Naz, would have never guessed that you weren't fluent in english. I would love to be able to speak more languages but my brain won't let me  Embarrassed
Report Spam   Logged

Please click the egg =D
highway61ie
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 04:04:02 pm »

oh yeah blame your bain Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Rodlyn
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 04:22:04 pm »

It won't lemme it refuses to, but i wanna beat it into submission so i can learn some languages!! ><
Report Spam   Logged

Please click the egg =D
Suiki

Er...Hello?!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, 05:19:59 am »

Wow!

Thank you for all your answers! Looks like I'm doing it better than I expected...

@somehow_here: In fact, yes, there's an spanish scanlation. But the last release was chapter 85.  But I couldn't avoid to give up to the temptation of reading more in english...  Tongue

@lovux the great: Really? What is your native language?

I'll keep trying my best posting in the new forum!!!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Nice signature in progress!
somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2010, 12:54:55 pm »

But the last release was chapter 85.  But I couldn't avoid to give up to the temptation of reading more in english...

That just so sad!! But don't worry, my group and I will try to finish up series...unless major event happen like big meteor striking earth or something! In fact, I have already edited 5 pages yesterday.  Just another 15 pages to go! So just wait a little bit more! And should see the release of it near end of next week!
Report Spam   Logged
Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2010, 09:09:08 am »

Swedish.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

The "S" in Get Backers...

... Means neither of us is alone!

~Click Here To Enter Lovux's Art Thread~
Rodlyn
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2010, 01:07:07 pm »

Swedish.  Grin

Awhh nice, i want to visit sweden. Theres a massive camp on there next year and i really wanted to go but it cost too much and you have to go through interviews and whatnot, just too much trouble so i'll go with friends in a few years.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Please click the egg =D
Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2010, 07:19:33 pm »

I think that most of you guys have pretty good English even though its not your native language. For most of you guys, I wouldn't have even known had you not said English wasn't your native language.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: