News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 29, 2024, 04:26:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Card Games

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Card Games  (Read 908 times)
Hellmancer
Guardian Of Heavy Metal
Administrator

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2010, 06:00:51 pm »

That's right, Card Games. Yugioh, WoW, Pokemon or whatever you play. Talk about them here.

Not sure if there is a thread like this up already, but I need to get back on this forum after being busy with college for a long time (and still am).

I play Yugioh and WoW most of the time.

I have an Arcana and a Warrior deck for Yugioh.
Building a Cyber deck mostly while making a Water and X-Saber deck on the side.
For WoW, I have a Alliance Pally (Swarm), Horde Hunter (Pet Swarm), and a Alliance Shaman (Totem/Elemental Support.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 06:04:48 pm »

Well you already know about my burn deck. But I recently started to make a dragon deck, but im mostly using proxy's. I hope to make the dragon deck at least as good as dan's. But my deck building skills aren't really on par with his.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 06:08:44 pm by Vent the North » Report Spam   Logged

Limbo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 06:13:17 pm »

the best card game of all time is magic the gathering.
Report Spam   Logged
Briendale

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 06:52:46 pm »

the best card game of all time is magic the gathering.

Agreed, just got back into playing it, only difficulty is rebuilding my deck after not playing for like 2 years (I play a red/white deck btw).
Report Spam   Logged
Hellmancer
Guardian Of Heavy Metal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 06:53:06 pm »

Magic is awesome, but not don't got the funds to get into it yet.

Well also one other thing Tony, Philip gave me some of his cards as I found him a few days ago. He said if we hanged out with him sooner, we would've gotten sweet cards off him before he sold them.

He gave a small binder of cards and is giving me more and his Gladiator Beast deck.

When you come over check out the cards he gave me and take what you need.

Here are some of the holo cards he gave me.

Among them is a Toon Goblin Attack Force, if you are still working on Toons and need it please tell me.

I have this small binder with me that has a bunch of holo cards he gave me, among with spells.
Report Spam   Logged
Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 06:56:52 pm »

Well also one other thing Tony, Philip gave me some of his cards as I found him a few days ago. He said if we hanged out with him sooner, we would've gotten sweet cards off him before he sold them.

He gave a small binder of cards and is giving me more and his Gladiator Beast deck.

When you come over check out the cards he gave me and take what you need.

Here are some of the holo cards he gave me.

Among them is a Toon Goblin Attack Force, if you are still working on Toons and need it please tell me.

I have this small binder with me that has a bunch of holo cards he gave me, among with spells.

Phil gave you all his cards? then he stopped playing? That sucks, I wanted to duel him.

Your also a lucky bastard getting all his cards. Ill have to invite him over my house again sometime. I haven't talked to him in a while.  also, get on facebook, I keep messageing you over there but your not responding.

and Im not really building a toon deck any more. Mainly because toon cards are so freaking hard to find.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 06:59:11 pm by Vent the North » Report Spam   Logged

Hellmancer
Guardian Of Heavy Metal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 07:33:27 pm »

Was busy for the time being. He still has his Lightsworn deck, but he's waiting for the day that they are fixed since his deck got fucked in the ass while Blackwings are free to roam with cheap cards.

Yea, I told him I would call him when you came back. He sold most of his cards and got like 1k out of it.

Well, if you need the Toon Goblin I'll be glad to give it.

I got at least a few nice cards when he gave some to me.

Report Spam   Logged
Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 07:37:17 pm »

Was busy for the time being. He still has his Lightsworn deck, but he's waiting for the day that they are fixed since his deck got fucked in the ass while Blackwings are free to roam with cheap cards.

He told me he was going to a reginals tourny in some other state, I guess he got beat over there.

Yea, I told him I would call him when you came back. He sold most of his cards and got like 1k out of it.

Wait, he gave you 1000 cards?

Well, if you need the Toon Goblin I'll be glad to give it.

I got at least a few nice cards when he gave some to me.

Thanks rich.
Report Spam   Logged

Hellmancer
Guardian Of Heavy Metal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 07:41:11 pm »

No, he sold them to someone else.

All of those sick cards could've been ours. Well, most of them.

He actually won in that one I think, don't recall.

No problem Tony, alot of the cards seem pretty mint too.
He also gave me a Ghost Rare, Honest.
Report Spam   Logged
sharkshocker

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 01:05:16 am »

Ah, I also play Yugioh.  Tried Magic, but it's hard for me to focus on 2 games at the same time, skill and money-wise...

I actually am a frequent visitor over at a Yugioh site Tongue  Although I haven't been playing much lately, but I take out my decks and play casual games against friends when I get the chance.
Report Spam   Logged

PSN ID: shark_shocker
Briendale

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 07:59:24 pm »

That's probably one of the biggest problems with Magic, because just getting a good, working, unique deck can easily end up setting you back a fair bit.
Report Spam   Logged
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2010, 01:35:08 pm »

I don't even want to think about how much money I sunk into the two customizable card games my son and I were into a few years ago -- Star Trek and Lord of the Rings.  I imagine the other games are like that, too -- to get what you really need to be an effective player, you have to keep buying and buying...   Sad
Report Spam   Logged

sharkshocker

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2010, 04:49:13 pm »

I don't even want to think about how much money I sunk into the two customizable card games my son and I were into a few years ago -- Star Trek and Lord of the Rings.  I imagine the other games are like that, too -- to get what you really need to be an effective player, you have to keep buying and buying...   Sad

Yeah, that's how it is with card games, unfortunately...

I haven't spent money on cards for well over a year now, but I try to keep myself up to date with the latest card sets and whatnot, and I keep my decks in a box if I ever feel the need for a casual game or two.
Report Spam   Logged

PSN ID: shark_shocker
Naz

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2010, 06:17:58 pm »

I have a blue/white combo deck in magic...
It's really fun but kinda hard to get a deck without loads of weaknesses...
And yeah, I have to agree card games are way over-priced...
Report Spam   Logged

Click please ^^

ah abusing tom is one of my few pleasures in life  Cheesy
ubernator22

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2010, 01:42:24 pm »

I used to play MTG, but stopped after my friends stopped.  Now we just play regular cards on occasion, some poker and whatnot.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: