News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
April 19, 2024, 09:31:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Getbackers Manga

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Getbackers Manga  (Read 1300 times)
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2010, 01:58:48 pm »

Wait, does this mean that GB is unfinished? Sad

It's only unfinished as far as English translations go.  The original manga in Japanese is complete -- Volume 39 being the last one, where the story gets all wrapped up.  This is the main reason we are all so ecstatic to have lovely people finishing the English translations for us, so we can finally find out how the story ends!
Report Spam   Logged

gamogamo

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2010, 07:02:43 am »

Wait, does this mean that GB is unfinished? Sad

It's only unfinished as far as English translations go.  The original manga in Japanese is complete -- Volume 39 being the last one, where the story gets all wrapped up.  This is the main reason we are all so ecstatic to have lovely people finishing the English translations for us, so we can finally find out how the story ends!

Oh sweet! Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
yoyoma123

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2010, 10:08:52 am »

cant wait to finish reading it
Report Spam   Logged
hanamitchi10

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2010, 07:14:11 am »

Hi! there are bunch of licensed manga. I believe right now get backers is not one of them... am I right?
Report Spam   Logged
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2010, 07:47:46 am »

Hi! there are bunch of licensed manga. I believe right now get backers is not one of them... am I right?

You are correct!  Get Backers used to be licensed by Tokyo Pop in the USA, but they lost the license -- and no one else has picked it up or been given it to date.
Report Spam   Logged

ManokTong

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2010, 09:17:56 am »

i really hope someone picks up the license and starts out from where tokyopop left at. and i hope they release volumes quickly, too, as tokyopop takes around 3 months per volume! talk about torture!
Report Spam   Logged
somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2010, 03:53:06 pm »

i really hope someone picks up the license and starts out from where tokyopop left at. and i hope they release volumes quickly, too, as tokyopop takes around 3 months per volume! talk about torture!

Well if GB does get pick up, then our group has to drop the project! Maybe then the release of the chapters would move faster! However, I think that Tokyopop has average speed...really. Unpopular series usually take about 3 months to release a volume and popular series like Bleach should release volume per month if the series hasn't caught to original release in Japan. Hopefully the company that licenses it will release it quicker than 3 months.
Report Spam   Logged
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2010, 06:46:40 pm »

I really doubt if any group with a GB license could release as quickly as our group does!  If it does ever get licensed, then of course I will start buying it again -- but I'm actually quite content to continue reading our group's release.  It has a personal feel to it somehow that makes it that much more special!   Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

kndands

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2010, 10:43:28 am »

i just read it until volume 33 and i was looking for the other volume in english
anyone know???
Report Spam   Logged
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2010, 11:02:37 am »

i just read it until volume 33 and i was looking for the other volume in english
anyone know???

Hello!  Welcome to the GB forum -- I hope you will introduce yourself in the introduction thread so we know a bit about you as a new friend in our community.  I see you have been posting in different threads, which is good -- keep it up, especially after you reach your 15 post quota, because we like discussing all things Get Backers with the new people who join our community!

To answer your question, if you have read Volume 33, then you are caught up with what is available in English from our scanalators.  Volume 33 is in progress.  Our translating and scanning team does a great job at getting a new chapter up once a week.  Be sure to thank them because if they weren't doing an awesome job, we wouldn't have any Get Backers!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: