News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
April 18, 2024, 06:15:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Deadliest Warrior

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Deadliest Warrior  (Read 465 times)
Groundhammer

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2010, 01:19:20 am »

If anyone's still interested, the show has been greenlit for Season 3 AND a MOVIE.

I don't know how that would work at all.

Now, about the show... I have mixed feelings. I hate how formulaic each episode is and how annoying the hosts are (especially Geoff. I can't stand the guy whenever he goes "THREE! TWO! ONE! LIGHT 'EM UP" or some variant of that. It gets ridiculous when he tries to say "three two one" in some foreign language (I laughed my ass off when he did it in Mandarin in the Ming vs. Musketeer episode, although his French was better since he's Canadian and apparently of French descent, what with his last name being Desmoulin). Also, so many of the tests are ridiculous. You can find plenty of complaints on the show's IMDB message board.

On the other hand, sometimes the experts can be real badasses. My favorites are the Spetsnaz guys Sonny Puzikas and Maxim Franz. Both of them are pretty active in the martial arts community: Maxim teaches systema in Canada and Sonny teaches a combat seminar in Georgia every year. Sonny even has a Myspace but he hasn't touched it for about a year.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: