News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 29, 2024, 05:16:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

FINAL FANTASY XIII

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: FINAL FANTASY XIII  (Read 629 times)
juan32

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2010, 06:36:14 pm »

Im waiting the PC version, the XII has a good story and I like the battle sistem.
Report Spam   Logged
julio77777

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2010, 10:59:33 am »

I found it beautiful but that's it aside from that it, passed a dozen hours it just became boring. I was really hoping for something new but that was a disappointment. I just wish Square Enix would focus less on graphics and more on storyline and gameplay !
Report Spam   Logged
Ryuhou

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2010, 12:25:19 pm »

I really like how fast-paced the active battle system was this time around and how you can game over in normal battles so you actually have to pay attention in battles rather than pick "fight" over and over again.  The graphics are oh so gorgeous, with a level of detail unlike any game I've seen so far.  Some of the characters were annoying at first (Snow and Hope) but as they developed, they became more tolerable (Vanille and Fang on the other hand, started off strong but ended up meh).  Plot was okay, nothing special but not that bad either.

Once you get to Gran Pulse, the fun really begins.  Exploring the Archlytte Steppes and the other areas, finishing all of the hunts with a five-star ranking...that was when I think the game was at its best.  After that though, the Adamantoise grinding became very tedious.  On the other hand, taking down a Long Gui and a Shaolong Gui reminded me of all the fun that I had when I first tried to take out an Adamantoise.

Overall, the game is flawed but still a very good game.
Report Spam   Logged
i2agnarok

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2010, 04:03:25 pm »

While not one of my favorite entries in the series, I found the game rather entertaining. I'm not a huge fan of ridiculously large maps that take forever to get through like in FF12 and the characters developed pretty nicely, imo. The overall plot was a bit convoluted, however, but still interesting. I thought the battle system was unique and engaging but I think it would have been better if the Auto-Battle feature wasn't present. I didn't use it personally, but I've seen far too many people whose primary complaint was "Game was so easy! Auto-Battle, rawr!"

Besides, when has any FF game NOT been easy? >_>
Report Spam   Logged
xxfearxx

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2010, 03:17:45 pm »

it was a good game imo, however honestly it just didnt live up to some of the others in the series. and yea easy except a few of the hunts pretty much..
Report Spam   Logged
ManaYagami

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2010, 11:43:12 am »

I only played the first 30 minutes of the game on a friend's PS3, and it looked interesting, but I doubt that it can get worse than VIII (if people want to talk about easy and boring games), X (or for the people who talk about a bad cast) and X-2 (for the masochists who suffered through X and liked it), even with Auto-Battle and Hope complaining every minute that he is on screen.
Report Spam   Logged
dcspyro

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2010, 02:36:37 pm »

The story was interesting but the battle system and linear progression really got to me. I felt to rushed in battle to get a strategy in place and the fact that you have to wait till hour 20 or so before you can chose the character you wanna use and your party really killed an otherwise good game.
Report Spam   Logged
Syn74

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2010, 09:44:37 am »

It's ok. I have not really got sucked into it like I have with most of them
Report Spam   Logged
Groundhammer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2010, 01:21:33 am »

Came for the graphics, stayed for the Hope x Lightning x Fang undertones.

YEAHHHHHHHH~
Report Spam   Logged
klimpaloon

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2010, 04:23:23 am »

There's gonna be a PC ver.?? :O Well if so, lucky me! Since I've got no $ to afford a ps3 xD
Report Spam   Logged
maximox

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2011, 07:52:07 am »

I think its a good game but not in par with the franchise:

Story: A good FF-Type history, but not the best one, it has one of the best storytelling form compared to all the others FF but the history starts to fall down in the last parts. A really good start and a ending that just isnt in the same level

Graphics and Video Scenes: JUST GREAT, another trademark from the FF series (well, the modern ff at least) nothing to say here. (though some scenes just dont makes sense they are great vissually)

Gameplay: a good leveling system, a good battle system, and an interesting weapon system, and standard summon system but they have some flaws, first the limit in the leveling system per chapter is just not FF-type, the battle system gets detroyed with the auto command, you can win almost all the game just pressing x and changing paradigms 2 or 3 times and the summons are a bit weak but thats not a big problem

Progression: Here is where it gets ugly, the history goes way way way to fast, and that just shrinks the game, i loved how it tells the history but it could be more slow to allow for more areas. The game is a big corridor, not path to chose, not choice in the way you want to get to a place, no towns, no open areas  (till chapter 11 and its not that great either) not sidestories, the sidequest system gets introduced too late in the game and again, not that great.

The biggest problem with the game is that the story the graphics and the systems all are great in a way and deserve to be called FF-systems, but when you put the progresion of the game in the middle it just awfull and the biggest problem that make ff-fans call it not a ff is the lack of extras: grinding areas, extra summons, side stories, side quests, extra boss, and something that makes you play the game past the final boss.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: