News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 28, 2024, 07:47:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

FINAL FANTASY XIII

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: FINAL FANTASY XIII  (Read 628 times)
opa_opa

View Profile
« on: April 25, 2010, 12:53:10 pm »

I played most of the finanal fantasys. ( 4,5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10-2, 12) and final fantasy 13. And this last one is the object of this topic. FIrst anybody have played it ? What do you thinks of this game (indiviudual)? and what do you think of it as a Final fantASY?
Because i played, ifinisidhed it. And i just can´t accept is a FF. !THIS CAN BE THE WORST FF of history. At least thatas my opinion.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

ladyameena22

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 01:37:40 pm »

^^ i like the game but it just does not feel like an FF. i dont know why but it seems like something else. i wish the would go back and look at 7 8 and 9 and reviese them and make a new game with the features from them
Report Spam   Logged

highway61ie
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 06:00:33 pm »

i got it day of relase and its uber epic Smiley
it tis very addictive and you wont notice the time going by Cheesy
i think the graphics are really beautiful but if you pay attention to the lip in cut scenes the havent chaged the movement from japanese to english xP
Report Spam   Logged

Roxxx

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 03:03:57 am »

For me the game is okay, but it's not very final fantasy (i have played all the others).
Report Spam   Logged
sharkshocker

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 09:42:48 am »

Sadly, I was disappointed by this game Sad  After feeling meh about 12, I thought this one would make up for it...but yeah as some of you have said, it didn't feel like a FF.  It took me almost 2 hours to get to use magic, the characters aren't fully customizable from the getgo, controlling only one character isn't fun, and the biggest gripe I have are the maps...feels like I have no choice but to walk from point A to point B, just a straight path.

Now I've heard that later on you get to explore the map, but why did it have to take so long for it to get to that point?  Sad
Report Spam   Logged

PSN ID: shark_shocker
ladyameena22

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 11:20:55 am »

Sadly, I was disappointed by this game Sad  After feeling meh about 12, I thought this one would make up for it...but yeah as some of you have said, it didn't feel like a FF.  It took me almost 2 hours to get to use magic, the characters aren't fully customizable from the getgo, controlling only one character isn't fun, and the biggest gripe I have are the maps...feels like I have no choice but to walk from point A to point B, just a straight path.

Now I've heard that later on you get to explore the map, but why did it have to take so long for it to get to that point?  Sad

yeah and even that is not brilliant. it has sooommmmeee good points i like playing it is just not what i expected in my opinion anyway
Report Spam   Logged

Limbo

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 06:07:05 pm »

i haerd not many ppl liked the game, but i myself loved it. i thought the story and gameplay was great.  Sure the fighting couldve been more than pushing x but im not complaining.
Report Spam   Logged
highway61ie
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 06:18:34 pm »

ive got about 18 hours of gameplay in so far and ive been loviing it
i'll admit there are flaws in the game and it doesnt really feel like a FF
but i find if i dont bother focusing on compating it to previous games it doesnt bother me 

though the fact that i havent finished the tutorial yet after 18 hours is abit anoying =_='
Report Spam   Logged

xphia

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 06:35:26 pm »

FF13 is the first one I've played and I was hoping to hear all the great music that everybody been raving about for the previous games... instead all I hear is the same freaking song over and over again! Definitely not impressed!
Report Spam   Logged
opa_opa

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 01:31:27 am »

thnks 4r answers. I played a lot of FF, but the 13 desapoint me a lot. really >_< that graph are nice but if u notice, they are only at the back, u never get there. Is a good game, is a square enix game, but i's not a ff. I wait ff15 will be a LOT BETTER. any boyd know anything about ff13 versus?
Report Spam   Logged
fatez

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 12:29:11 pm »

Bought the game for Xbox 360 and it is still sitting there. I keep hearing bad things about it but since it was an FF I had to own it. I guess its time to start to see if I think it is any good.
Report Spam   Logged
Trafalgar Law

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2010, 10:41:57 am »

For some reason I really didn't like it as much as all the other final fantasies.

The character design was great, I really like Tetsuya Nomura, but the story really mist something.

I felt like I knew already everything from the first halve of the game by watching the trailers. And the second half (story wise) was a dissapointment. I all happenend really fast and in a lot of cases you dont have connections to anything or anyone. Why the hell would I save cocoon if I can't even have a decent conversation with one of it citizens. Furthermore NOBODY lives on Gran Pulse. NOBODY!

I liked the battlesystem though, although the auto button made it boring some of the times. But it is really well balanced.

Still for some reasons I even liked FFXII better. Even though chardesign sucked in that game as well as the story. But the gameplay was somewhat more addictive.
Report Spam   Logged
SleepyHaze

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 12:10:15 am »

13 has a really nice graphics, battle system, and a character customization system. The down side to it is it's too linear and the story just blows...
Report Spam   Logged
ordepmaia

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2010, 05:58:54 pm »

The graphics were really nice, as expected of a ps3 game.
But I'm a little dissapointed with the story, the character (really Sahz is useless and I hate Hope >.<) and the game was just too easy because you could retry every lost battle ¬¬
but as a fanboy I played it to the end xD
Report Spam   Logged
leonardotorres

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2010, 07:29:27 pm »

Totally linear, only can control one character to difficult to get money, also terrible framerate drops in xbox 360 but still better Than FF 12 and not near as god as FF 7 to x2
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: