News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
April 20, 2024, 12:03:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

List of Recommended Manga

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  
Author Topic: List of Recommended Manga  (Read 2317 times)

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2010, 10:05:00 am »

Man Shocked. Did you actually finish reading all those in your lists? Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
finishedfirst

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 12, 2010, 02:15:46 pm »

Tiji-kun
Report Spam   Logged
Redflagx

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2011, 08:03:04 pm »

I would recommend OnePiece, Bleach, Naruto, Souleater, Liar Game, HunterXHunter, Kekaishi, Beelzebub, Code: Breaker, Mahou Sensei negima, Toriko, Hajime no Ippo, One outs and Get Backers...
Report Spam   Logged
Xi

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2011, 07:08:04 pm »

Shounen:

+ Death Note
+ Fullmetal Alchemist
+ Gantz
+ Naruto

Also anything by Ito Junji, but in particular:

+ Uzumaki
+ Gyo
+ The Enigma of Amigara Fault (http://brasscockroach.com/h4ll0w33n2007/manga/Amigara-Full/Amigara.html)
Report Spam   Logged
shikshinsarang

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 17, 2011, 01:53:21 am »

rave groove adventures! it's quite cool(: fairy tail got its inspiration from rave.
Report Spam   Logged
Avz

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 21, 2011, 07:20:34 am »

You should try Toriko, the beginning is quite bad, but the manga becomes better after first chapters
Report Spam   Logged
elain

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 26, 2011, 07:38:28 pm »

Try black cat. It's one of my favourites
Report Spam   Logged
Maximus

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 27, 2011, 11:01:06 pm »

Berserk
Hajime no Ippo
Slam Dunk
Report Spam   Logged
Maximus

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 27, 2011, 11:16:47 pm »

Yu Yu Hakusho
Naruto (till volume 28)
Slam Dunk
Berserk
Report Spam   Logged
Rem

Ryuusuke Excellent Minami

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 04, 2011, 12:03:03 pm »

Monster by Naoki Urasawa
and Rookies by Masanori Morita.. maybe the best series I have ever read.

... but I love sooooo much Hikaru no Go too <3
Report Spam   Logged
Merze

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 04, 2011, 07:27:29 pm »

well, getbackers aside,

Flame of Recca was pretty good. downright shounen, alongside black cat, fairy tale, one piece, etc

Franken Fran is an interesting read. deals with some technology vs morality issues

Tegami Bachi is beautiful. it's kinda hard to explain, but it can get very delicate

lastly, GTO. it's really difficult to explain this, but it's just awesome. So awesome, the author's still milking it after it ends at volume 25.
Report Spam   Logged
midnight

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 13, 2011, 05:29:43 am »

I totally love switch manga and anime. I fell in love with it when i watch the 2 ova, it was really intriguing! although the arts of the manga make it hard for me to differentiate the characters, the plot is awesome!! I especially love the chapters involving "switch", and I also love the hal and etou relationship!! I just wish they made a full anime of the manga...

tegami bachi is also nice, the plot thickens with each chapter!! the more it reveals, more question arise. its one of those story that get more complicated with each revelations. keeps the reader on their feet, makes you impatience to wait for the next chapters to be translated. hehe.

nurarihyon is good too! at first am not too sure about this, but after reading few chapter (by few I mean 30-40 chapters), the story got to me.

I also love kaibutsu oujo (princess resurrection), I keep wondering what will happen next!! the plot is so random (in a good kind of way), you'll never be able to predict what happen next. also, I love all the main character in this manga. all the leading females have a strong, witty personality to themselves (I dislike females that cries a lot, always need rescuing or blame others when things go wrong).

another manga that I recommended is zombie loan. the plot is good and I love the two leading males characters, shito and chika! the anime is good but it seems incomplete to me. there should be more episode!!
Report Spam   Logged
totodoodoo

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 20, 2011, 03:06:05 pm »

Every single one of you left out one of the best series out there....

Takemitsu Zamurai: The Bamboo Samurai
Report Spam   Logged
JiNXiE

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 21, 2011, 04:20:04 pm »

Fairy Tail.  And though I haven't read it, but seems promising, Beelzebub.  I haven't read it but the summary seems interesting and a lot of people have said it was quite good.   Also, Noblesse. 
Report Spam   Logged
boscoe

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 04, 2011, 06:49:29 pm »

From the many great mentions by previous posters. I will recommend Fairy Tail and Beelzebub and The Breaker the most. Although all the ones mentioned should be read.

I don't remember seeing these mentioned so I will: Ao no Exorcist, Code Breaker (Author of Samurai Deeper Kyo), Arata Kangatari (a better Inu Yasha), Arago, a new one only 3 ch. translated called Blood Lad, Holyland (the most realistic fighting manga I have ever found), Hanzasky, and one complete one called Veritas.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  

Jump to: