News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
April 19, 2024, 11:53:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

List of Recommended Manga

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: List of Recommended Manga  (Read 2316 times)
somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2010, 06:56:34 am »

No I don't mean like that! I meant that some raws that scan by other groups are in similar situation as X Blade! A few of chapters are translated, but they take forever to release or they release only a few chapters! As for X blade, I would really like to help in editing that project...but right now, since everyone is busy I think it good idea to wait to see the response is!

« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 08:28:47 pm by somehow_here » Report Spam   Logged
somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2010, 08:36:22 pm »

Sorry for the double post! But I thought it was necessary! I recently discovered that the group scanning X blade, TDS and AAS,  had said that going to scan the series...so we need to choose a new series! Once everyone else come back, of course!

Onside note, I love those groups! They always scans series that are less known, but just as good! If you have time, please check them out!
Report Spam   Logged
Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2010, 02:13:11 pm »

I actually just read the new chapter of xblade, and they did a good job, so I'll pick a different manga once we get more translators.
Report Spam   Logged

somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2010, 07:17:04 pm »

Yeah, totally agree to that!  Cheesy We find another translator, even before find another series to release! I create a new recruitment page . Hopefully more people will join with this new page. I send the link, so can you proofread it! I put in the next release if that is fine with you! Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2010, 07:55:51 pm »

Yeah, totally agree to that!  Cheesy We find another translator, even before find another series to release! I create a new recruitment page . Hopefully more people will join with this new page. I send the link, so can you proofread it! I put in the next release if that is fine with you! Wink

I just saw your message, and I like the new page you made. Good job.  I just sent you a message with the corrections that need to be made.
Report Spam   Logged

Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2010, 09:06:59 am »

I just thought it was good idea to recommend manga, so I decide to bring my original post over. Here is some that I would recommend: (note that it includes variety of genre including manhua and mangwha. Mostly filled with action!)

For those whom want to read online please go to www.mangafox.com or www.onemanga.com. Either one site should have the manga listed. For those whom want to download these series, please go to www.mangatraders.com. All you have to do is registar for the site and it keep track of what you download and more! I just love this website!

Thanks for this list!  There are some here that I am currently reading -- or should I say, I have them bookmarked and I'm making my way through them as I have time.   Wink  In particular, I'm trying to read through Rave Master and Eyeshield.

I am especially glad to see Major on this list -- it's nice to know someone else appreciates that one!  I adore the Major anime, and follow the manga religiously because I can't get enough of the story, even though these days I have to rely on raw scans to follow current Major events.   I am really sad that no one has been translating it for the longest time -- in fact, the anime has passed into untranslated manga territory by now, so I have to rely on there being anime episodes in order to fully understand what's happening.  In any case, I'm a big fan of the Major manga, and find myself waiting eagerly for raw scans each week, just to look at the pictures and guess at the story!
Report Spam   Logged

somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2010, 07:49:42 am »

Thanks for this list!  There are some here that I am currently reading -- or should I say, I have them bookmarked and I'm making my way through them as I have time.   Wink  In particular, I'm trying to read through Rave Master and Eyeshield.

I am especially glad to see Major on this list -- it's nice to know someone else appreciates that one!  I adore the Major anime, and follow the manga religiously because I can't get enough of the story, even though these days I have to rely on raw scans to follow current Major events.   I am really sad that no one has been translating it for the longest time -- in fact, the anime has passed into untranslated manga territory by now, so I have to rely on there being anime episodes in order to fully understand what's happening.  In any case, I'm a big fan of the Major manga, and find myself waiting eagerly for raw scans each week, just to look at the pictures and guess at the story!

I discover Major the same way! I loved the characters and overall storyline. There was a group translating Major, but I don't know what happen to them.  I was hoping that they would catch up to raws...but they disapear! I don't want to spoil the surprise by reading the raw, so I am waiting for a new season of Major. Wikipedia said "A sixth season... will premiere on April 3rd, 2010. " Its already February, so we just wait a bit longer! And I definite know that either the MJN or I Eat Anime group will sub them! I can wait for next season! In meantime, just reading Rave Master and Eyeshield 21 to keep yourself busy until then! Both are good choices by the way!
Report Spam   Logged
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2010, 09:01:36 am »

I discover Major the same way! I loved the characters and overall storyline. There was a group translating Major, but I don't know what happen to them.  I was hoping that they would catch up to raws...but they disapear! I don't want to spoil the surprise by reading the raw, so I am waiting for a new season of Major. Wikipedia said "A sixth season... will premiere on April 3rd, 2010. " Its already February, so we just wait a bit longer! And I definite know that either the MJN or I Eat Anime group will sub them! I can wait for next season! In meantime, just reading Rave Master and Eyeshield 21 to keep yourself busy until then! Both are good choices by the way!

I actually have Major Season 6's opening day marked on my calendar!  I'm literally counting the days.  I had the thought of rewatching the whole series bit by bit until April comes, but Major is one of those shows that once I start watching, I can't stop!  I'll have to try to do better at pacing myself so that I can spread it out.  In the meantime, yes -- Rave Master and Eyeshield 21 for my reading pleasure.  I'm really enjoying them!
Report Spam   Logged

somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2010, 04:42:20 pm »

I actually have Major Season 6's opening day marked on my calendar!

Maybe, I should mark it down on my calendar! But I think I might accidentally kill myself with anticipation!  Roll Eyes The next arch is definitely going to be awesome! Goro is finally going to major...and other Japanese players are definitely going to follow! Whoa, I got to calm myself down! I might just jump on walls!  I just love the series!

Whew! Anyway, if you need to extend your list a little, cause Rave Master and Eyeshield 21 can be addicting and make the chapters go at speed of light! I would recommend reading  Fight no Akatsuki (basketball) and Whistle (soccer). Both of series are complete, but Whistle has one more chapter to be translated to english...it is currently licensed by VIZ, so last chapters will take awhile to come out to US!
Report Spam   Logged
Kickthekitty

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2010, 04:48:13 pm »

So this is where we reveal our soul?
Here's my list of mangas. Not just what I find good but the ones which I feel have influenced me most. Hentai is omitted.

Good kitty:
-Vampire Doll: Guilt-na-Zan
-Achlord 
 (by Saras)
-Battle Angel Alita
-Outlanders
-Di Gi Charat!
-Princess Tutu
   (by Midhras)
-Steam Detectives
-Hyper Police
(v2-v10)
-Enchanter (by Evangeline)
-Ai Yori Aoshi  (by Evangeline)
-Tokyo Mew Mew
-Naruto - Footsteps
(doujinshi collection)

Bad kitty:
-Eiken
-Okitsune-sama de Chu
-Love Hina
-Iinari! Aibration
-Inumimi
-Marugoto Anjyu Gakuen

I tried to keep list short. Well that didn't work.
(Notice that I wrote Hyper Police v2-v10. That 'cause v1 is crap and has little to do with rest of series)

You may notice (if you bothered to check) that statistically supprising amount (about half) have something to do with my own group. What can I say. I do series which I like.

Most of those series are just plain good. Others will need to be explained.
-Tokyo Mew Mew. My first experience of a manga with catgirl. It was love at the first sight.
-Naruto - Footsteps. Made me realize that shonen ai is not just for girls. Opened a new world for me.
-Eiken. No explanation needed.
-(by Evangeline) and (by Midhras). Some series are standard, until they meet a pro cleaner. I never really realized it until I read HQ of Ai Yori Aoshi and Princess Tutu. Those series changed from avarage to awesome overnight. I also recommend reading  Vampire Hunter D v2 by Evangeline. While I didn't care about it's story, it has the most breathtaking artwork I have seen.

More:
About mangatraders. I can't say I share your love. (I refer to first post.) It's not the site's fault but those idiots' who make mirrors ignoring my very simply mirroring rule. That those who make file mirrors should take some responsibility about updating them.
And thanks to that Mister Moron, every single file share site that shares Archlord, is currently sharing my old übercrappy version instead of newer very nice MQ I did with Saras.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 05:08:52 pm by Kickthekitty » Report Spam   Logged

somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2010, 07:01:28 am »

Wow! Thanks for detailed listed. It was much cleaner and understandable than mine! I guess in a way it does reveal a lot of what people are!  Grin I pretty much agree with your list with exception of hentai/ecchi list! I am girl...there is only so much fan service I can take before I give up on series...For example, I love Airgear, but do they need to show show nude girl almost in ever chapter!

More:
About mangatraders. I can't say I share your love. (I refer to first post.) It's not the site's fault but those idiots' who make mirrors ignoring my very simply mirroring rule. That those who make file mirrors should take some responsibility about updating them.
And thanks to that Mister Moron, every single file share site that shares Archlord, is currently sharing my old übercrappy version instead of newer very nice MQ I did with Saras.

Yes...I totally agree with you in that aspect! The people that upload the series should at least makes sure to obey the rules from scan group. Someone had load some of our scans from mangafox...so it had those annoying border on bottom! I did not mind them uploading the series to mangatrader. I just hated the file they use, so I had to upload the real chapters. (Yes, it is possible! As long as the reason is provide for same upload in detail box.) But the reason I like mangatraders so much is the fact that it has more complete collection than any site that I have been to. Not mention, it provides variety of information about the series, provide links in volumes, and the downloading speed is pretty fast. If you are still annoyed by those files, I guess I could upload the updated volumes into mangatrader for you. Just give me the list of files and download links (in case I might not have those series)...
Report Spam   Logged
Kickthekitty

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2010, 01:40:26 pm »

A giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirl?

I guess I should have explained Eiken so you wouldn't think me as total perv. Nah, I suck at lying anyway.
One day just walked to shop and said: "give me your most retarded ecchi" and walked out with Eiken 12-pack (Not kidding).  And after reading it,,, I felt that world had to know.
Well it ain't the best of manga. Nor is it best of ecchi either. But it's so over the top as harem and fanservise that I actually ended hating the main boy character, and started to feel bad for the girls. And I read releases from LWB regularly. I ain't shocked from little.
Don't get me wrong. I did it all for ecchi. But this manga should get somekind of award.
(Of cource, in Japan apparently even kids manga is harder stuff then Eiken. http://desudesu0.com/?p=5832 )

About Archlord, just follow the link:
http://kickthekitty.wordpress.com/2010/01/22/saras-kickthekitty-archlord/

But even if updated, Traders blocks series like: Vampire Doll, Enchanter. it may not be much compared to amount they share, but I just can't respect them when they go blocking the best.
Report Spam   Logged

somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2010, 05:52:24 pm »

But even if updated, Traders blocks series like: Vampire Doll, Enchanter. it may not be much compared to amount they share, but I just can't respect them when they go blocking the best.

Yes, I totally agree you by that aspect! I guess you have to trade one for another...quantity over quality. What can you do? It better for series to be known with bad quality than not known at all...I would have never discover half of series if I never joined Mangatraders.

A giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirl?

I guess I should have explained Eiken so you wouldn't think me as total perv. Nah, I suck at lying anyway.
One day just walked to shop and said: "give me your most retarded ecchi" and walked out with Eiken 12-pack (Not kidding).  And after reading it,,, I felt that world had to know.
Well it ain't the best of manga. Nor is it best of ecchi either. But it's so over the top as harem and fanservise that I actually ended hating the main boy character, and started to feel bad for the girls. And I read releases from LWB regularly. I ain't shocked from little.
Don't get me wrong. I did it all for ecchi. But this manga should get somekind of award.

Yup! A girl! Ha ha! With taste for shounen manga! I know there are plenty of more perverted stuff out there! After all, there is great difference between hentai verus ecchi stuff! Hentai has actually sex and ecchi only alludes to action of sex with plenty of nude/undergarment images. I just get annoyed with heavy fanservice. I am girl afterall! I will actually try to read those ecchi manga to see if it is any good! In fact, I actually tried to read Eiken from your site. It was ok, but nothing really stood out with exception of heavy panty shots and ecchi scene. Most of the time, the ecchi mangas loses the plotline or same plotine is repeated too many times. I actually don't mind harem/reverse harem as long as the author/authoress doesn't lose the plotline...like Tenchi Muyo and El Hazard. As for getting Eiken, wow! That got to be one of most bravest/embarrassing thing you ever done! Kudos to you!

I will put up the edited version on later!
Report Spam   Logged
Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2010, 04:02:04 pm »

Lol Eiken....That is one of the  most perverted manga's out there. I mean they have 6th graders with boobs the size of watermelons.

I haven't watched it, but ive seen summary's and pictures.
Report Spam   Logged

somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2010, 06:50:18 am »

Lol Eiken....That is one of the  most perverted manga's out there. I mean they have 6th graders with boobs the size of watermelons.

I haven't watched it, but ive seen summary's and pictures.

Ha haa ha! Six graders with size of water melon! I understand kids develop earlier, but those chests are little big! Talk about fan service! Wink Anyway, the story is not that bad...it just regular harem story with extra ecchi-ness.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: