News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 28, 2024, 05:40:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

List of Recommended Manga

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: List of Recommended Manga  (Read 2186 times)
somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2010, 07:58:22 pm »

I just thought it was good idea to recommend manga, so I decide to bring my original post over. Here is some that I would recommend: (note that it includes variety of genre including manhua and mangwha. Mostly filled with action!)

1. 07 Ghost
   2. 1/2 Prince
   3. Aflame Inferno
   4. Airgear
   5. Alive - Final revolution (soon to be complete)
   6. Angel Densetsu (complete)
   7. Angelic Layer (complete)
   8. Ao no Exorcist
   9. Area no Kishi
  10. Baby Steps
  11. Beach Stars
  12. Beck (complete)
  13. Black Cat (complete)
  14. Bleach
  15. Bloody Monday (complete)
  16. Bloody Monday II
  17. Busou Renkin (complete)
  18. Candidate for Goddess (complete)
  19. Change 123
  20. Change Guy (complete)
  21. Chrome Shelled Regios [prefer the novel]
  22. Code Breaker
  23. D-Live
  24. D.Gray-Man
  25. Detective Academy Q
  26. El Hazard (complete)
  27. Eyeshield 21 (complete)
  28. Fairy Tail
  29. Flame of Recca (complete)
  30. Freezing
  31. Full Contact
  32. Full Metal Panic: Sigma
  33. Fullmetal Alchemist
  34. Gate Keepers (complete)
  35. GodHand Teru
  36. Hikaru no Go (complete)
  37. History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
  38. Holyland
  39. Hunter X Hunter
  40. Id
  41. Inital D
  42. Kamui
  43. Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn
  44. Kekkaishi
  45. Konjiki no Gash (complete)
  46. Kuroko no Basket
  47. Law of Ueki (complete)
  48. Law of Ueki Plus
  49. Mahou Sensei Negima
  50. Major
  51. Marchen Awakens Romance (complete)
  52. Marchen Awakens Romance Omega
  53. Medaka Box
  54. Momogumi Plus Senki
  55. Mx0 (complete)
  56. Nurarihyon no Mago
  57. Oresama Teacher
  58. Pandora Hearts
  59. Pretty Face
  60. Psyren
  61. Rappi Rangai
  62. Rave Master (complete)
  63. Rosario+Vampire (complete)
  64. Rosario+Vampire II
  65. Rurouni Kenshin
  66. Saijou No Meii
  67. Samurai Deeper Kyo (complete)
  68. Sekirei
  69. Seto no Hanayome
  70. Shadow Skills (2000) (complete)
  71. Shibatora
  72. Shin Tenchi Muyo
  73. Soul Eater
  74. Switch (by Naked Ape)
  75. Tegami Bachi
  76. Tenchi Muyo (complete)
  77. Tijikun
  78. Ubel Blatt
  79. Until Death Do Us Part
  80. Vandread (complete)
  81. Vandread Special Stage (complete)
  82. Whistle
  83. Witch Hunter
  84. Yu Yu Hakusho
  85. Zero In

For those whom want to read online please go to www.mangafox.com or www.onemanga.com. Either one site should have the manga listed. For those whom want to download these series, please go to www.mangatraders.com. All you have to do is registar for the site and it keep track of what you download and more! I just love this website!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 06:02:10 am by Lovux The Great » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Rodlyn
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 11:27:54 pm »

Hey yeah i thought that this thread was really good on the last forum, so thanks for reposting it on this forum too. I will try to look at as many of these as i can because i haven't read half as many as everyone else here Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

Please click the egg =D
somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 06:49:51 am »

Just take your time on reading them! Most people whom read as much as I have, probable have started earlier than you...and I just lack a personal life, so I plenty of time in my hand. The list I wrote mostly include shounen, so you should find some of them interesting! Hopefully, other people will include their list of recommend manga so you have more variety to choose from! 
Report Spam   Logged
Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 11:26:06 am »

heres a repost of my list
GTO- great teacher onizuka
Mahou Sensei Negima!
Rurouni Kenshin
Mahou Tsukai Kurohime
Übel Blatt
Deadman Wonderland
Fullmetal Alchemist
Black Lagoon
Kekkaishi
World Embryo
Psyren
Kuro Kami/black god
Get Backers
Flame of Recca
Alive the final evolution
psycho busters
Watashi no Messiah-sama
black cat
Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro
Shingetsutan Tsukihime
Xblade
HSD kenichi
The breaker
veritas
Beezelbub
Change 123
Darker than Black shikoku no hana
Defense devil
Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer
Melty Blood
To Aru Majutsu no Index- novel/anime/manga
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - anime/manga
Mai-HiME - anime
Mai-Otome - anime
MAR
Mixim 12/11
Needless
Until Death do us art.
Suzuka
Blood Alone
Ga-rei
Watashi no Messiah-sama
aflame inferno
NHK ni Youkoso!
Shingetsutan Tsukihime
Shibatora
Ao No exorcist
Change 123
Chrome Breaker
GachaGacha
Holy Talker
Kannagi
Kurosagi
Psycho Staff
The four kazumoto siblings
Freezing
Rosario+Vampire
Mai-HiME
Mai-Otome
Sora No Otoshimono
Bakuman
Bloody Monday 2
DearS
Please Teacher
Rosario+Vampire 2
Jormungand
sengoku yohko
Kurenai
Moon Phase
Evangelion
Oni  Gokko
Onihime vs
Onikirisama no Hakoirimusume
Ping
PuiPui
Saru Lock
Shankgan no Shana
Shade The Other Side of Light
Tokyounderground
Zero In
Zero-Circle of Flow

Report Spam   Logged

highway61ie
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 12:37:02 pm »

yay dearS is in that  list <3
man that was so epic :3

toata omaega cuteness =^_^=
Report Spam   Logged

Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 01:26:23 pm »

yay dearS is in that  list <3
man that was so epic :3

toata omaega cuteness =^_^=

I don't actually really remember much about dears, I read it a very very very long time ago.
Report Spam   Logged

Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 03:45:27 pm »

GTO - great teacher onizuka
Aaaah, good ol’ Great Teacher Onizuka. Holds the #2 spot in my top 3 most beloved mangas.
I know I wrote a long rant/love confession about this series somewhere… wait… Ah! Here it is! Just scroll down a bit.

Mai-HiME - anime
Mai-Otome - anime
Yes, yes and YES. I love the Mai-franchise to bits, easily among my top 10 animes (especially Mai-HiME). And thank God it’s the anime versions you recommend, for that’s where the pure gold’s at. The manga adaptions are just… just… *urk* Some hysterical harem ecchi crap. IMO, they don’t live up to the sky-high levels of the animes, no, not in any sense whatsoever.  
Suzushuro Haruka/Haruka Armitage FTW.

Holy Talker
This one, I SO want to read more of it. It’s AYAMINE RANDO FFS. But it doesn’t seem like any scanlation groups are interested in working with everything that comes after chapter 3. Shame.  Cry

So, I have read through everybody’s lists and various recommended… and I am shocked to find out that not even the smallest words has been said about Blade of the Immortal.

Blade of the Immortal is a very special manga for me. I fell in love with it at first sight when I was 13 (Lovux is now 20), and it still holds a dear, deep place in my soul. Just like Ginga Nagareboshi Gin will always be my favourite anime, Blade of the Immortal will always be my favourite manga. Never mind the fact that two certain sexy retrieval agents refuse to leave my brain at the moment

I could write an essay with several thousands of words about what makes Blade of the Immortal Lovux’s most beloved manga, but my arm’s numb from drawing the whole day and I need to be careful with that, so I’ll just provide you some scans instead and hope that they will spark some interest in you.
http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/Blade-of-the-Immortal/Manga-Sketchbook/01/39
http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/Blade-of-the-Immortal/Manga-Sketchbook/02/82
http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/Blade-of-the-Immortal/Manga-Sketchbook/03/2
http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/Blade-of-the-Immortal/Manga-Sketchbook/07/2
Oh Manji, honey, how I have been crushing you for six years!
Report Spam   Logged

The "S" in Get Backers...

... Means neither of us is alone!

~Click Here To Enter Lovux's Art Thread~
Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 04:30:13 pm »

Aaaah, good ol’ Great Teacher Onizuka. Holds the #2 spot in my top 3 most beloved mangas.
I know I wrote a long rant/love confession about this series somewhere… wait… Ah! Here it is! Just scroll down a bit.

GTO is one of my favorite mangas if not my favorite manga. Its story is very unique and its completely hilarious. I laughed on almost every page when I read GTO.

Yes, yes and YES. I love the Mai-franchise to bits, easily among my top 10 animes (especially Mai-HiME). And thank God it’s the anime versions you recommend, for that’s where the pure gold’s at. The manga adaptions are just… just… *urk* Some hysterical harem ecchi crap. IMO, they don’t live up to the sky-high levels of the animes, no, not in any sense whatsoever.  
Suzushuro Haruka/Haruka Armitage FTW.

I was a big fan of mai hime/otome  way back when. the fights in the the otome and hime anime's were just epic.

This one, I SO want to read more of it. It’s AYAMINE RANDO FFS. But it doesn’t seem like any scanlation groups are interested in working with everything that comes after chapter 3. Shame.  Cry

So do I, I actually would like to start a holy talker porject if we get some more translators.
Report Spam   Logged

somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 07:32:27 am »

I actually watch GTO first as drama...then anime and finally manga! It feels akward to make that transition. It is usually reverse. Anyway, it was great series! I it was one of first teacher-class series I have ever read/watch. My favorite of all time. (The drama is one prefer!)My second favorite is Gokusen. I discover same way as GTO.  The drama was easier to find than manga when I first discover these wonderful series!

As for Mai series, I also agree that manga doesn't hold a candle to anime. The series was seriously dulited by ecchi and harem concept! I watch the TV series first and decide to read the manga. Boy was I disappointed. Nothing but perverted scenes left and right!

Anyway, I just wanted to say that if you wanted to start a project on Holy Talker I could edit the chapters. I thought that Holy Talker was very interesting! (I actually forgot until you guys mentioned it!) I would love to see more of it, so I would be happy to help out! Of course, my main piorty is to finish the GB first! I just edit a bit slower, but it shouldn't matter that much since we have excellent cleaner.  But if we do any of Holy Talk or any other Ayamine Rando works, I think we should create a new page call the release for feature projects that not related to GB! But First we need more translator! Maybe we should create a help page in release for more translator or something...

Report Spam   Logged
Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 06:12:56 pm »

I actually watch GTO first as drama...then anime and finally manga! It feels akward to make that transition. It is usually reverse. Anyway, it was great series! I it was one of first teacher-class series I have ever read/watch. My favorite of all time. (The drama is one prefer!)My second favorite is Gokusen. I discover same way as GTO.  The drama was easier to find than manga when I first discover these wonderful series!

Thats a weird order to watch/read GTO in lol. I actually never watched the anime since I heard that it didn't really stick close to the manga, and alot of parts were cut from the manga when the anime was made.

As for Mai series, I also agree that manga doesn't hold a candle to anime. The series was seriously dulited by ecchi and harem concept! I watch the TV series first and decide to read the manga. Boy was I disappointed. Nothing but perverted scenes left and right!

I acree with you 100%. The only thing I really liked about the mai-hime manga was dark mai, Other then that it wasn't really that great.
Anyway, I just wanted to say that if you wanted to start a project on Holy Talker I could edit the chapters. I thought that Holy Talker was very interesting! (I actually forgot until you guys mentioned it!) I would love to see more of it, so I would be happy to help out! Of course, my main piorty is to finish the GB first! I just edit a bit slower, but it shouldn't matter that much since we have excellent cleaner.  But if we do any of Holy Talk or any other Ayamine Rando works, I think we should create a new page call the release for feature projects that not related to GB! But First we need more translator! Maybe we should create a help page in release for more translator or something...

We actually already have a recruiting staff page on the main website, but so far, no translators have applied, just cleaners and editors, and even then, most of them bail out when I ask them to clean a page of manga for me as a example of their work.

Ill try and see what I can do about getting more translators, Maybe Ill look on MH, and see if anyone on there is interested.
Report Spam   Logged

Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2010, 09:28:05 am »

Something I really like about Mai-HiME and Mai Otome is that how they have all the common themes and settings for a shounen series, but with reversed gender roles. Like, the girls have nuclear powers and can fly in space while the few guys who are around are totally powerless and don't have a clue what's going on and IF one of them do get to partake in the story, it's as a (shallow) love interest. Usually it's the other way around.  Wink

A Holy Talker project sounds awesome! But even if any translators were to be recruited (and don't bail out), where to find the raws to scanlate? I have searched for this series, and as if it wasn't enough that only three chapters have been scanlated, it doesn't seem like raw chapters can be found either. Some Chinese scanlations (that don't even go beyond chapter 7!) are the closest I've stumbled upon. Doesn't seem like there is much love out there for Holy Talker.  Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

The "S" in Get Backers...

... Means neither of us is alone!

~Click Here To Enter Lovux's Art Thread~
somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2010, 04:19:36 pm »

Hmm, really! Wow! Never realize that Holy Talker is that under appreciated!  Angry I really can't find the raws anywhere! I guess it either we pick a new series to release or try to buy raws. That was disappointing! Lips Sealed But foremost, we still need to get translators to start a new series!

...if we do manage to get translator and choose another series, a good site for raws is http://crazymanga.be/. They only post up manga/mangwha/manhua that not been licensed in other countries! It is an excellent to download manga that are scanned or raw! If you have time, please check them out!
Report Spam   Logged
Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2010, 09:12:03 pm »

Hmm, really! Wow! Never realize that Holy Talker is that under appreciated!  Angry I really can't find the raws anywhere! I guess it either we pick a new series to release or try to buy raws. That was disappointing! Lips Sealed But foremost, we still need to get translators to start a new series!

I know, I just realised that there weren't really any raws for HT to download, I send a request in on mangahelpers, so maybe someone on there will know where to get the raws.

...if we do manage to get translator and choose another series, a good site for raws is http://crazymanga.be/. They only post up manga/mangwha/manhua that not been licensed in other countries! It is an excellent to download manga that are scanned or raw! If you have time, please check them out!

Thanks, That site is really helpfull. What do you guys think about the series called Xblade? I like that series and if no-one else is going to regularly scan it I would like to do that as a project. I think someone just picked the series up again, but if they don't continue, then we could probably work on that. If they do continue to scan it I just find another manga that I would like to see scanned.
Report Spam   Logged

somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2010, 04:28:20 pm »

Xblade is pretty interesting! It was one series I liked, but I don't remember much about it...original scan group had release each chapter from two to five months, so I forgotten most of details. Let wait and see if new scan group else continues it! If not, I don't see a problem with continuing the series. In mean, I think we should just take a look at other series! There are pretty many other raws from site, but many of them are picked up by other scans group...hmm, I think it would be best just see which project we like to do the most before actually asking other groups if we do the same project!
Report Spam   Logged
Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2010, 09:00:13 pm »

Xblade is pretty interesting! It was one series I liked, but I don't remember much about it...original scan group had release each chapter from two to five months, so I forgotten most of details. Let wait and see if new scan group else continues it! If not, I don't see a problem with continuing the series. In mean, I think we should just take a look at other series! There are pretty many other raws from site, but many of them are picked up by other scans group...hmm, I think it would be best just see which project we like to do the most before actually asking other groups if we do the same project!

I have no intention to do a manga which another group is doing. I just said xblade since every group that picks it up eventually drops it. Ill look around and see what other manga's would be good to translate. But before anything we need more translators.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: