News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
April 20, 2024, 06:19:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Which is your Fav Insect Arc Battle

Poll
Question: The battle you liked the most..
Ban vs Onigumo - 3 (6%)
Ginji vs Kagegumo & Tobigumo - 1 (2%)
Amon & Emishi vs Kamata - 2 (4%)
Himiko vs Ageha & Murasa - 0 (0%)
Ginji vs Suiha - 2 (4%)
Jackal vs Semimaru - 16 (32%)
Ban vs Dokubachi - 21 (42%)
Ban vs the priest Saicho - 2 (4%)
Ginji & Shido vs Kabuto - 3 (6%)
Total Voters: 49

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Which is your Fav Insect Arc Battle  (Read 1364 times)
Midou

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2010, 02:23:26 pm »

As the title says, which is your most fav Insect clan Arc battle.

Just noticed it.. Ban took down 2 Chiefs by himself. Now that I mention it, there were some memorable bad-ass dialogues there. I think it goes like this:

"Ready to admit defeat and beg for some lessons Midou?"
"GIVE ME LESSONS? WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?"   Grin

"If you're gonna keep smiling like that you're gonna re-open the wound on your cheek."  .. hehe
"What wound?.. Impossible!!"

Ginji too but with the help of Shido.

Anyway, please make your choice known in a reply. Smiley

For SPOILER writers:
So what exactly is a Spoiler? In this instance, any information(critical or otherwise) from chapters which has not yet been translated into English and released, is a Spoiler. If you've roughly gone through the RAWS and know how the manga shapes up, then good for you. Just don't give out that information!!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 02:28:46 pm by Midou » Report Spam   Logged

Getbackers FAQ & Download: http://anime.forumlivre.com/?showtopic=2

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

kurodo
Raw Provider

~ Pic spammer ~

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 12:16:08 am »

hmmm *thinking* this is VERY hard because i love all of them! Akabane's or Ban's? hmmm

okay i choose Ban vs Dokubachi. That was so cool imo! sadly i don't remember that fight so clearly. I haven't read GB volumes 1-26 for ages!  Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

Midou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 12:27:46 am »

Yup, it was indeed cool. Smiley
Dokubachi gets the upper hand during the initial phases, but when he steps on Ban's pride, Ban gets serious and kills Dokubachi. Also Kagami was watching that fight.
Report Spam   Logged

Getbackers FAQ & Download: http://anime.forumlivre.com/?showtopic=2
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 06:44:26 pm »

Ginji and Shido vs. Kabuto!

Of course, any Ginji fight is good for me, but that one was particularly breathtaking.   Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

ladyameena22

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 07:16:06 am »

im all for the jackle fight but that could be because i love akabane's character to much.
mind you amon emishi and kamata is pretty good. i like the whole life draining powers thing
Report Spam   Logged

underkill22

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 02:02:45 am »

Mmhmm...... for me its almost a tie between 1) Akabane v.s Semimaru  , and  2) Ban v.s Dokubachi . On one hand we have two crazy undying ppl with swords slashing and hacking each other and explosions flying around as well~!! ( although that dint really make sense to me but it was still a fun ride XD ) and on the other there was two char's , one extremely deadly with a solid defence and one with a deadly attack and awfully frightening blitz.... 

But I have to say I'm leaning more towards ban's v.s dokubachi. Mainly because he is quite an interesting char ( or is it a she?? I cant remember... >.< ) , and had the air of danger around him which made the fight seem more intense~!! Plus ban's blitzing was amazing as well but one wrong move and it would have been k.o for him... so yea... ban v.s doku~!! Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
ToushiroX

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 12:10:51 pm »

Ginji & Shido vs Kabuto
Report Spam   Logged
fatez

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 12:16:46 pm »

Jackal vs Semimaru with Ban vs Dokubachi coming in at a close second.
Report Spam   Logged
hColleen

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 07:05:54 am »

Ah, a difficult one.  I really liked the one between Akabane and Semimaru because you get a lot of Akabane's backstory (and I admit he's my favorite character), but there are other very good fights, too.  Emeshi and Amon...I really liked Amon and Emeshi's dynamic.  I felt bad when Amon...ah!  Anyways...  I can't decide if I like Akabane's the most because I like Akabane the most or if it was the one I really liked the most... ^^
Report Spam   Logged

Omne ignotum pro magnifico est
Aphastral

The Pedestrian

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2010, 11:23:25 am »

Akabane vs. Semimaru hands down Grin  I love Akabane and Semimaru's style is just cool; on the other hand theirs looked like the only real fight: Himiko got her ass kicked around half her fight, Dokubachi simply gave in to Ban and .. eh... disintegrated from the scene, and Ginji vs. Suiha was lame (winning a fight with some random sixth sense you just discovered days ago  doesn't count as cool in my dictionary).
Report Spam   Logged
darkido

Peace<:

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2010, 03:14:28 pm »

I would say Jackal vs Semimaru! That told us alot more about Jackal! But I really liked Amon's ability and personality though..too bad he had to die so soon.
Report Spam   Logged
shin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 03:55:33 pm »

Ban vs Dokubachi takes the trophy. It had all the tension fight needs. The typical growth, bad-ass comments and epic finishing. The end fight with Kabuto and Raitei was good too, thought.
Report Spam   Logged

shykage

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2010, 09:41:58 pm »

Vote for Jackal vs Semimaru

Jackal is shrouded in mystery and this fight sheds some light on his past.
Report Spam   Logged
Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2010, 05:13:45 pm »

As have been mentioned before, Ban VS Dokubachi was fantastic. It quite well ilustrates what I like about Get Backers - when the characters fight, they fight, and don't just deliver one or two blows and then contemplate the situation for several minutes (or so it seems for us in the audience) or explain to the enemy how they did that special move. This fight on the other hand, was RAW and BRUTAL and INTENSE. It only went on for a couple of chapters, and yet it masterfully handled barbaric action sequences with insight on Ban's character and why he is a fighting genius, without feeling rushed or crammed at all. Even Dokubachi's goodbye managed to be a little emotional here. Exceptional work here, Ayamine and Aoki!

Ginji VS Suiha was amazing as well. I loved how he was finally able to gain another method of fighting, instead of always do the same "Ginji used Thunder Bolt! It's super effective! Enemy fainted! Ginji wins!". And manipulation with the help of electromagnetism seems like a natural extension of his basic electric powers, so it's not like a he gained new powers out of nowhere. Also, the flashback he had, in which he remembered what Ban told him about finding his true strength, was super sweet.

Ban VS Saicho... I liked that one because I was sick of that smug monk. XD Thank you Ban for beating the crap out of him and his fancy butterflies! 

I guess Himiko VS Ageha and Murasakimaru deserves a mention. Sure, it was pretty clichée that she suddenly one-shotted them after having her ass kicked for the first half of the fight, but it was still cool to finally see her OWNING her opponents, instead of falling victim to another abduction or whatever usually happens when she tries to show off her moves....
Report Spam   Logged

The "S" in Get Backers...

... Means neither of us is alone!

~Click Here To Enter Lovux's Art Thread~
josec321

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2010, 03:05:37 pm »

give  me lessons? do u know who the fuck u are talking to? hahah
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: