News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 28, 2024, 11:25:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The tournament fight you liked the most (Vol 30)

Poll
Question: Your fav fight?
Maria's losing fight - 1 (1.3%)
Ban saving Maria with style and wining the battle - 27 (34.6%)
Akabane's short and awesome fight - 35 (44.9%)
Himiko's fight - 1 (1.3%)
Ginji's fight - 11 (14.1%)
Juubei's fight - 2 (2.6%)
Toshiki's fight - 0 (0%)
Sakura's fight - 1 (1.3%)
Total Voters: 61

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: The tournament fight you liked the most (Vol 30)  (Read 1928 times)
Midou

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2010, 12:28:44 am »

Since the fake tournament set up by the Ura Fuuchouin and the Voodoo Clan is over we can get to know everyone's likes.

I've given the option of voting for 2 options in the above poll, incase anyone is in a dilemma. Please make your likes known in a reply. Smiley

For SPOILER writers:
So what exactly is a Spoiler? In this instance, any information(critical or otherwise) from chapters which has not yet been translated into English and released, is a Spoiler. If you've roughly gone through the RAWS and know how the manga shapes up, then good for you. Just don't give out that information!!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 03:00:41 am by Midou » Report Spam   Logged

Getbackers FAQ & Download: http://anime.forumlivre.com/?showtopic=2

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

kurodo
Raw Provider

~ Pic spammer ~

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 05:54:51 am »

Akabane's! definitely Grin fight was short (like my post. Lol) but AWESOME~~ that fight show us how powerful and fast Akabane is and can be. Although he only used 1% his powers~~
Report Spam   Logged

Shisui
Translator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 08:55:26 am »

Akabane. No contest there  Cool
Report Spam   Logged
sharkshocker

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 12:58:51 pm »

Akabane's "fight" was awesome...liked how they set it up so that the opponent seemed unstoppable and then *next page* gone!  2nd place goes to Ban's fight!
Report Spam   Logged

PSN ID: shark_shocker
somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 04:16:15 pm »

Yup! Hands down! Akabane was down right awesome! His fighting was short, but the pwnge could not be ignore. Of course, Ban was cool...not as cool as Akabane in his fight.
Report Spam   Logged
berniebear

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 07:47:32 pm »

Akabane's was especially great since they had this whole buildup to his opponent being crazy awesome and then it was over in one panel, before anyone even noticed.  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

"All the best people are broken."
-Jennifer Lawson (The Bloggess)
sharkshocker

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 08:57:25 pm »

I've given the option of voting for 2 options in the above poll, incase anyone is in a dilemma. Please make your likes known in a reply. Smiley

Tongue didn't notice I could vote for 2, I'd have voted for Ban's fight as well...thought it was cool that he used magic, I imagined his seiyu chanting the spell as I was reading it Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

PSN ID: shark_shocker
Midou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 01:48:26 am »

Yeah.. but you weren't the only one. Most people didn't notice it. Sad
I was more into Ban suddenly entering the ring and using his evil eye, than his chant. Everyone thought Maria would have died considering she was ready to die, even before they entered the tournament. But Ban did what no one expected.
Report Spam   Logged

Getbackers FAQ & Download: http://anime.forumlivre.com/?showtopic=2
Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 12:13:53 pm »

This, pretty much. I agree on what was written before in this thread; I, too, could literally hear Ban's voice chanting the spell when I read this chapter the first time. Him knowing a few witchlike spells (that are not the Evil Eye and the Asclepius) have always been an intriguing concept for me, so it was like a dream come true to see him release all that magic power in order to actually be kind enough not to completely obliberate that Beltline monster.... while unwillingly remembering some words about "living" that his dad had told him long ago.
Having Ban speaking German is another concept that I rather like. 8F

If we're talking strong emotions from the reader (that's me!), then Ginji's fight was a real bomb that made me explode with feelings. I remember so well how mad I was when reading the chapters in which he fought, how I was jumping up and down in my chair and all but screaming at the computer screen. Something along the lines of "NOOOOOOOO GINJI DON'T TURN INTO A BLOODTHRISTY SOCIOPATH!!!! YOU'RE STRONG ON YOUR OWN, YOU KNOW THAT!!! HONEY!!". And GOD, my GOD, that sadistic cliffhanger we were left with when Ban broke free from jail to save Ginji and there were made orders to shoot him on sight.... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

... Am I the only one who liked Juubei's fight? If we exclude the flashbacks that helped fleshing out his character, it was pretty similar to Akabane's fight, wasn't it? Juubei pretty much walked up to that over-sized Ura-Fuchoouin, poked him, and then the fugly bastard went down.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 12:25:00 pm by Lovux The Great » Report Spam   Logged

The "S" in Get Backers...

... Means neither of us is alone!

~Click Here To Enter Lovux's Art Thread~
Darkvertigo

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 01:47:55 am »

I voted for Akabane.  He never disappoints, hehe.
Report Spam   Logged
ToushiroX

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2010, 12:02:42 pm »

ban saving maria
Report Spam   Logged
fatez

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2010, 12:20:33 pm »

Ban saving Maria with style and wining the battle  Smiley Although I like how Akabane always make things look so easy and dominates.
Report Spam   Logged
ladyameena22

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2010, 12:32:11 pm »

akabane for the win!!!!! im not obsessed with him honest!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Shaddy-pink

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2010, 11:08:02 pm »

*Jumps on bandwagon* Yep, Akabane's "whoops-see-what-I-did-just-there?" fight was pretty awesome Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Trafalgar Law

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2010, 10:46:15 am »

I liked Akabane's fight the most. Even though it wasn't a fight at all Tongue. But pure awesomess.

I also liked Maria's fight because we finally could see some of her abilities. Which were awesome.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: