News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 28, 2024, 06:33:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Apply to be a new Mod!

Poll
Question: Who do you want to be the new mod.....well im really the one deciding but whatever.
reserved - 1 (100%)
reserved - 0 (0%)
reserved - 0 (0%)
reserved - 0 (0%)
reserved - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 1

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Apply to be a new Mod!  (Read 860 times)
Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« on: April 21, 2010, 09:14:25 pm »

Both rodlyn and highway have been really busy with real life issues lately, so I'm going to need another mod to help me and SH keep everything under control, especially since I'm expecting some people to try and spam their way to getting into the releases section (I actually already had one try so I gave them a warning). Ill put a poll up, but for now I need to know who would actually like to be a mod.

I already have a few people in mind, but Im still open for ideas.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Midou

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 02:16:11 am »

Hi Vent the North,

I'd love to lend my hand as a Mod. I don't know any Japanese so can't help you guys with the Scanlations, but this way I can be actively assisting your group. I also have a lot of experience as a Mod. I've PM'd you on where I was a Mod. I'd surely be an asset to you and your group.

Thanks,

Midou
Report Spam   Logged

Getbackers FAQ & Download: http://anime.forumlivre.com/?showtopic=2
kurodo
Raw Provider

~ Pic spammer ~

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 05:43:14 am »

Hiii!

I would LOVE to be a mod if you still need one. But i'm not sure (that) is my english good enough? But i can scan holy talker volume 1-5 if you guys need them? : >
i can upload holy talker Drama CD too! i've limited edition Grin
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 05:46:49 am by kurodo » Report Spam   Logged

Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 08:48:46 am »

I've never officially been a mod before, but I have somewhat fallen into the role from time to time on forums I've been involved with.   Cheesy  My time is pretty flexible, so I am usually available and free to be online and on the forum.

So if you want to add my name to the poll as an applicant, that would be fine!  I assume that's how you are going to work the decision-making process?
Report Spam   Logged

Naz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 04:09:26 pm »

Hey Vent,
I'm up for being a mod if there's a place still open...
I don't have any experience as a mod as such, but I'm fairly active and I'm pretty sure I can learn quickly.
Also, the times I'd be online would give the modding a wider range as I'm gmt and wake up earlier than Sean, and probably Rory too...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 03:12:52 pm by Naz » Report Spam   Logged

Click please ^^

ah abusing tom is one of my few pleasures in life  Cheesy
Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 04:11:01 pm »

Thanks for the replies everyone, Im just going to wait for a bit more people to reply before I set up the poll or make a decision on my own.

Hiii!

I would LOVE to be a mod if you still need one. But i'm not sure (that) is my english good enough? But i can scan holy talker volume 1-5 if you guys need them? : >

I thought you didn't have access to a scanner to scan HT? And your english is fine, no need to worry about that.
Report Spam   Logged

somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 04:56:07 pm »

I think that we should at least have some requirements though! Nothing big though! A mod should have more than 20 post and have least been with us for month or longer. This way, the new mods won't leave us and knows how this forum is running at least!
Report Spam   Logged
Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 09:05:02 pm »

I think that we should at least have some requirements though! Nothing big though! A mod should have more than 20 post and have least been with us for month or longer. This way, the new mods won't leave us and knows how this forum is running at least!

I was thinking the same thing. I think a person that wants to be a mod should be active here before I make them mod. I wouldn't want someone who isn't going to be active enough to keep track of peoples posts.
Report Spam   Logged

kurodo
Raw Provider

~ Pic spammer ~

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 10:33:31 pm »

Thanks for the replies everyone, Im just going to wait for a bit more people to reply before I set up the poll or make a decision on my own.

Hiii!

I thought you didn't have access to a scanner to scan HT? And your english is fine, no need to worry about that.

i have it I just have to set up a scanner to my new computer. So it  isn't a problem. The problem is that i'm very slow at scanning...-__-"
Report Spam   Logged

darkido

Peace<:

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 02:55:21 pm »

Hmmm not applying here but just interested to know what does a Mod do??
Report Spam   Logged
Naz

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2010, 03:16:31 pm »

Hmmm not applying here but just interested to know what does a Mod do??

They delete inapropriate posts (flames, certain swears, inapriate pictures, ones with unallowed links etc.), warn people who post these, and if its serious or if someone does it multiple times, the mods temp ban or perma ban them...
Report Spam   Logged

Click please ^^

ah abusing tom is one of my few pleasures in life  Cheesy
Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2010, 05:48:32 pm »

Alright, it seems that everyone who wants to be a mod has applied in this thread, so Im going to make a new mod voting thread so that the members can vote for a new mod in that thread.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: