News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 28, 2024, 06:11:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

You now have to have a minimum of 15 posts in order to download our chapters.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
  Print  
Author Topic: You now have to have a minimum of 15 posts in order to download our chapters.  (Read 6896 times)
jmballe

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 30, 2011, 10:49:56 pm »

A really good idea, it makes leechers obligated to do something for the forum... (usually myself one of them hahah)
Report Spam   Logged
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 31, 2011, 07:56:32 am »

A really good idea, it makes leechers obligated to do something for the forum... (usually myself one of them hahah)

Thanks for understanding!  We really appreciate all the new members who come to read and then stay to talk!  Welcome to you, by the way -- we're glad you are here to share some GB love by contributing to our discussions.   Grin
Report Spam   Logged

sngsun

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 31, 2011, 09:58:56 pm »

seems fair enough
Report Spam   Logged
jadeenigmax

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 13, 2011, 09:28:24 am »

Not a hard rule to follow, 15 posts isn't asking for much considring the hundreds of topics here.
Report Spam   Logged
kris666beta

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 26, 2011, 05:27:28 pm »

I could have sworn I had over 15 posts already, but I guess not seeing as how I can't download releases. 15 posts isn't bad it's actually quite easy.
Report Spam   Logged
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 26, 2011, 08:33:51 pm »

I could have sworn I had over 15 posts already, but I guess not seeing as how I can't download releases. 15 posts isn't bad it's actually quite easy.

You do have 15 posts, which is all it takes -- maybe do one more just to be safe!   Grin  However, sometimes it's not automatic -- it's supposed to be, but it doesn't always give you access as it should when you reach your quota.  If you still can't see the part of the forum for Projects and Releases, then try logging out and logging back in again, and that should do the trick. 
Report Spam   Logged

akiwitail

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 25, 2011, 11:04:08 am »

There are so many sub forums in this forum. 1 post in each easily accumulates to 15.. which is what i'm doing now!
Report Spam   Logged
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 26, 2011, 08:35:22 am »

There are so many sub forums in this forum. 1 post in each easily accumulates to 15.. which is what i'm doing now!

Exactly!  It's not hard to do -- and you did a good job!  It's always nice to have someone join up who gets their 15 posts in quickly and provides good discussion in the process.   Grin

Hello and welcome, btw!  We're glad to have you as part of the family.
Report Spam   Logged

Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 26, 2011, 08:36:57 am »

Looks like I was wrong, you only have 14 posts -- either I misread the count or something happened to one of your posts.  In any case, one more should do it, so hang in there, don't give up now!
Report Spam   Logged

kris666beta

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 05, 2011, 03:46:56 am »

Looks like I was wrong, you only have 14 posts -- either I misread the count or something happened to one of your posts.  In any case, one more should do it, so hang in there, don't give up now!

Yeah, it's weird. I think one of my posts got deleted or something. I guess that post wasn't good enough . But with this post I should be back to 15 unless something happens again.  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
undeadr

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 09, 2011, 05:19:26 am »

New rule? Why have you taken this decission?
Report Spam   Logged
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 09, 2011, 02:45:45 pm »

New rule? Why have you taken this decission?

It's actually no longer a new rule; it was put into place some time ago and has actually been working quite smoothly.  It was put into place because we had a lot of people creating accounts and downloading the chapters without even thanking the scanlating team for their hard work, let alone joining in discussions in the forum.  So this rule was made to circumvent the breezing in and breezing out without saying anything issue.

Since the rule went into effect, we have found that the vast majority of people who gain their 15 posts continue on as contributors to discussions on the forum, and that makes us very happy.  There's enough going on here that it's not hard to find something to comment on, and while there have been a few people who spammed with smiley faces and such just to get their post count up, for the most part, we've been very happy with the interaction.
Report Spam   Logged

kardiod

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 14, 2011, 09:15:59 am »

Well, 15 post is quite a number for lazy people like me..heheh
Report Spam   Logged
Neb

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 15, 2011, 08:11:40 pm »

I've just been logging on every time a chapter update has been posted on manga updates and posting a few posts here and there. I've recently reread getbackers so I definitely need to get in there, lol.
Report Spam   Logged
dhruvsma

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 21, 2011, 10:29:11 pm »

15 posts all too much.... it forces people to spam *hides behind a tree
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
  Print  

Jump to: