News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 29, 2024, 08:34:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

You now have to have a minimum of 15 posts in order to download our chapters.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: You now have to have a minimum of 15 posts in order to download our chapters.  (Read 6911 times)
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: April 21, 2010, 05:48:39 pm »

Best choice would be a continueing posting requirement, I think. I mean people would be required to have posted once or twice during the last week to have download privilege.
This would encourage regular forum leeches to keep posting. And perhaps they might even post something else then just spam since they weren't posting it all at once.

That's a good point.  Adding that to the requirement could help keep people involved -- though it would mean more policing, because it might not be as easy to set it up to be automatic.  Maybe see how it goes with the 15 post requirement for starters, and see how people respond to it -- whether they spam a lot, or actually learn to participate.  You can always tighten things up later if it doesn't work in the way you want it to.  As for spam posts not counting towards the quota, if they are obviously spam for that purpose, they can just be deleted -- people will learn to post properly if they want their GB chapters!   Wink

I'm hopeful, though, that the rule will work well in helping folks get in the habit of posting, and then they'll be good to go.  Like me -- it seems like I just joined up and here I am, almost at 100 posts!   Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: