News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
April 18, 2024, 07:28:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

You now have to have a minimum of 15 posts in order to download our chapters.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: You now have to have a minimum of 15 posts in order to download our chapters.  (Read 6974 times)
Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« on: April 21, 2010, 11:09:41 am »

15?!  hmmm i don't know. I think it's too much.

Its really as Lin said. Its not really hard at all to come up with 15 posts, just spam a bit in the offtopic section and introduce yourself and people will get 15 posts in no time.
Many people can't speak english (they understand it but they can't write/speak) like me and there're also shy people or they don't wanna SPAM.

We actually have a lot of members on here who aren't native english speakers, and nobody on here really cares. We are pretty welcoming and accepting people, so even if they speak broken english its fine.

I think 3-8 post would be better
That is a bit to little in my opinion. I was actually originally going to make the limit 25, but I figured that would be a bit too much, so I switched it to 15.
but you're admin and I trust you/you know the right thing. ^^ <3

Thanks  Smiley

Well, I'm not staff, but as a Junior Member, I think it's a good idea to have a limit like that.  I know I've been guilty of taking and running -- not here, though! There's just too much to talk about to run away afterwards.  Cheesy  But it's not really fair to the community to only come here for the downloads and not say anything -- even thanks!

Whether or not 15 is too much, I'm undecided -- it might be good to have it be at least 10, so that good habits of posting in the forum are established.  If they really want to download, they'll find something to say to make the quota.

That said, I don't think it would be all that difficult to come up with something to say 10-15 times.  All one has to do is introduce oneself, say hello, comment on this and that, start a new thread about why you like Ginji... I mean GetBackers, or play a game or two.  Before you know it, you're at 15 posts!  If English is a problem, there's nothing like chatting with friendly and accepting people like we have here to help develop that skill.   Smiley

I pretty much agree with you, 15 posts really isn't hard to get, its actually pretty easy, just spam a bit and introduce yourself and they will have 15 posts in no time. Maybe we can actually get some more active members by doing this.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: